Home The Bridge

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    That was quick o.O
    :D

Just good timing when I clicked on the wrong forum by mistake bahaha. Didn't even read the post, but now I've read it and I'm definitely excited!

Thank you for listening - I'm optimistic about how this will turn out!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was quick o.O

An audit of crew traits too!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    That was quick o.O

An audit of crew traits too!

Posted and the discussion thread as well :)
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to pursuing specific crew!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Still don’t really know what it is but I think that’s the point :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Ben mentioned two new currencies are coming for the feature, so if won't be a piece of cake to "buy" crew. Maybe one currency if you already have a star, and a different one if you want to start from scratch?
  • Options
    @robownage That would be cool, especially if before you get the first star on say voyage only crew it could be locked but after you get the first star you would be able to add stars via this?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we will have specific crew twiddling their thumbs instead of random crew?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

How is this different from now?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

It is not.

And, so, we remain. We also hope.

Kudos to the STT team. Y’all did a good thing, and I appreciate it. I look forward to more of such from y’all in the future.

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not.

We? I do not hope any more. And for the first part, I am considering.

They spent many months on this and will spend more on further phases. To me this sounds like there was no new playing content on the horizon for a very long time. :(
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not.

They spent many months on this and will spend more on further phases. To me this sounds like there was no new playing content on the horizon for a very long time. :(

It depends on how it's implemented. If ultimately it's just a straight up market, I think that'll be a bit disappointing. But nothing about the announcement says there won't be new things to do in order to get those currencies. The fact that it's a phased approach, IMO, leads me to think (hope?) that it'll be pretty bare bones at the start, but ramp up as things go on. Probably not right away, but maybe a new game mode in phase 2 or 3.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

It is not.

It depends on how it's implemented. If ultimately it's just a straight up market, I think that'll be a bit disappointing. But nothing about the announcement says there won't be new things to do in order to get those currencies. The fact that it's a phased approach, IMO, leads me to think (hope?) that it'll be pretty bare bones at the start, but ramp up as things go on. Probably not right away, but maybe a new game mode in phase 2 or 3.

Again, hope. It’s free.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

It is not.

Hmmm you are right, the announcement does not exclude the possibility of a new game mode. But I am having a hard time to hope for that sort of silver lining.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that the trait of the card is the key to this.

A lot of emphasis on this.

Perhaps, you have a "Gambler" Behold-type, and you will randomly pull from the pool of cards with Gambler as the trait. Narrower search, but still random and somewhat targeted.
    Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • Options

I’ll take a chance at targeted crew as opposed to aimless RNG. Will it be any better? We’ll find out...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that the trait of the card is the key to this.

A lot of emphasis on this.

Perhaps, you have a "Gambler" Behold-type, and you will randomly pull from the pool of cards with Gambler as the trait. Narrower search, but still random and somewhat targeted.

That, or one of the currencies are for begold rerolls.
  • Options
    If you have the ability to pull a behold from any trait, what would you pick?
    Would players simply try to park it on Physician or Seven of Nine?

That would be the trick. Wouldn’t it? Maybe that’s what the new currency buys you. A choice.
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's almost no new content here. You're basically collecting currency and materials, to visit a section of existing space, narrowed down by traits and hoping to get a character in that pool.

I'm extremely disappointed that we haven't seen a new game mode since Skirmishes were put in, and still don't have any new content where we actually get to use characters we've been compiling for 5 years. It's just the same old tired events, voyages and gauntlet.

This game will bleed players if there are no new game modes coming, which is sad to say, but it's a bitter truth.

And yet, the new feature has been hyped like it is the greatest thing since "God created them male and female"......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Or maybe the benefit to them is to be able to get cards to help with voyages? But then how would you know what trait to target when they seem to generate randomly with each new voyage... Or maybe for Gauntlet when there's a certain amount of trait combos...

(P.S. can we make Janeway a trait? :D )

What is needed for voyages has already been cataloged. There are something like only 6 different traits for the two Medical slots.

I use this table to find the blind spots in my crew. Which traits I am lacking for voyages when it comes to FE/FF legendaries?

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    (I would love to tag you Captain Kirk J but there are too many forum accounts that begin with "Captain" for the pulldown box to handle)

I had a similar idea to yours Captain Kirk J. I had not thought of your idea for having targeted beholds, but I will adapt/graft your idea onto my own to create what to me seems a likely manifestiation.

I am not sure how we will acquire them, but I think we will be given the chance to acquire tokens/runes/keys/etc for specific traits. These will be a currency, and will allow us to make specific trait-based choices during beholds.

So for example, say you acquired an "Undercover Operative" key and you are currently chasing a copy of Sinister Picard. While opening a pack you hit a behold but instead of 3 crew popping up a menu with all the traits you have keys for will be displayed, and you select "Undercover Operative" and the behold displays 3 crew with that trait, increasing your chances to win Sinister Picard. The key is consumed in the process.

That is my guess for how it will work.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    there's almost no new content here. You're basically collecting currency and materials, to visit a section of existing space, narrowed down by traits and hoping to get a character in that pool.

I'm extremely disappointed that we haven't seen a new game mode since Skirmishes were put in, and still don't have any new content where we actually get to use characters we've been compiling for 5 years. It's just the same old tired events, voyages and gauntlet.

This game will bleed players if there are no new game modes coming, which is sad to say, but it's a bitter truth.

If it is merely a bland and/or heavily paywalled feature to obtain a specified class of crew, consider me bled. I will see no future in the game if that is so.

However, I hold out hope that there will be some interesting and worthwhile gameplay around it.

We will find out in a week.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    (I would love to tag you Captain Kirk J but there are too many forum accounts that begin with "Captain" for the pulldown box to handle)

I had a similar idea to yours Captain Kirk J. I had not thought of your idea for having targeted beholds, but I will adapt/graft your idea onto my own to create what to me seems a likely manifestiation.

I am not sure how we will acquire them, but I think we will be given the chance to acquire tokens/runes/keys/etc for specific traits. These will be a currency, and will allow us to make specific trait-based choices during beholds.

So for example, say you acquired an "Undercover Operative" key and you are currently chasing a copy of Sinister Picard. While opening a pack you hit a behold but instead of 3 crew popping up a menu with all the traits you have keys for will be displayed, and you select "Undercover Operative" and the behold displays 3 crew with that trait, increasing your chances to win Sinister Picard. The key is consumed in the process.

That is my guess for how it will work.

Well stated. It’s along the lines of thinking I had.

- Targeted beholds pointing to a subgroup or trait pool.
    - New currency to give you a choice.
    - Cleaned up traits so there are no shallow pools. Goodbye Spy.
    - If the Mega is a Romantic theme, I wonder if a Romantic behold would play into this.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Portal boosts? Like for skills in a shuttle, only they can improve the odds of a trait. Small boosts to 5* boost.

Perhaps a one of the new currencies can be used like a wager? You can choose and increase the odds a specific trait(s) by using a sliding scale, like donating starbase components? You collect it like Intel, honour, or merits?