Home The Bridge

Age Question at Log in?

2»

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The comment in the latest message that you would need to re-enter your age on a new device or new install likely means they are only storing the information in the client. It is never even sent to WRG's servers. That's a way to minimize what information WRG stores about players and protects our privacy.

Good catch! I missed that detail!

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited January 2021
    So because of Privacy Laws i need to give up more of my privacy? Not amused
    Edit- I could settle for the suggestion above 18+ yes/no. Anyways not updating could really use the $ in other games...
    Edit2- interesting how 0 other games i play require age verification while youd expect it there
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    So because of Privacy Laws i need to give up more of my privacy? Not amused
    Edit- I could settle for the suggestion above 18+ yes/no. Anyways not updating could really use the $ in other games...
    Edit2- interesting how 0 other games i play require age verification while youd expect it there

Going to nitpick your use of "verification".

This is not even close to age verification. There is no actual verification. As the title says, it's an age question.

This is best characterized as a voluntary setting. The answer to the question exists only on your device and may serve to limit your exposure to incoming content suited to the age you claim. You are not asked to give anything at all that could be used to verify the age you entered. If you wish to change the setting it's a simple reinstall or clearing of data. This is not age verification, it's you telling the app what age it should treat you as.

It's a fun conversation guessing why and such. There is really nothing to be upset about.
    Me am this many old.....

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I play Simpsons tapped out and every time I get logged out of the game it asks me for my age. So while STT hasn't asked me for my age, I can attest that there is at least another game out there asking for age.
    Shan wrote: »
    To clarify:
    - the age gate will reappear if you reinstall or play on a new platform because it is one of the first questions we ask at client first launch
    - we do not store what you input as age in our database. We do store either a 1 or 0 to indicate whether or not the reply provided should be considered as being underage or not.

Quick question on that second part? As has been said, different regions have different minimum ages, from what people have said? How does a one or zero cover that? One region's "1" might be another region's "0", depending on the person's age, and that region's laws? If my question is clear? I'm just trying to understand.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify:
    - the age gate will reappear if you reinstall or play on a new platform because it is one of the first questions we ask at client first launch
    - we do not store what you input as age in our database. We do store either a 1 or 0 to indicate whether or not the reply provided should be considered as being underage or not.

Quick question on that second part? As has been said, different regions have different minimum ages, from what people have said? How does a one or zero cover that? One region's "1" might be another region's "0", depending on the person's age, and that region's laws? If my question is clear? I'm just trying to understand.

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

Just speculating but I wonder if TP is required to follow the minimum based on their headquarters/server location rather than the client side?
  • So...I could say I'm 21 again? Alrighty. B)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    To clarify:

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿

Just speculating but I wonder if TP is required to follow the minimum based on their headquarters/server location rather than the client side?

Nope. Most of these regulations are about the users/citizens. If you want to offer a game in X country, you need to comply with the regulations in that country for its citizens.