Home The Bridge

Crew Button Change

Seriously, with all the hate for extra clicks for event hub to sort out currently running event why would you turn the other most used button into a menu clicky?

Comments

• Wish there was a "Required" inventory area within Inventory
    That would save alot of time of either going through each unfinished chars or running around the galaxy.

Just my two cents.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just shrink the size of the 4 larger buttons (Daily Missions, Crew, Time Portal and Galaxy Map), which would have created enough room for 3 new smaller buttons (Inventory, Shipyard and Cryostasis Vault) to be added?

That would have enabled us to access all those useful tools directly, which would reduce clicks for 3 items, rather than this solution that adds a click for the most commonly used Crew item.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Why not just shrink the size of the 4 larger buttons (Daily Missions, Crew, Time Portal and Galaxy Map), which would have created enough room for 3 new smaller buttons (Inventory, Shipyard and Cryostasis Vault) to be added?

That would have enabled us to access all those useful tools directly, which would reduce clicks for 3 items, rather than this solution that adds a click for the most commonly used Crew item.

I could see massive usability issues based on screen sizes etc. with adding more buttons.

The way I envisioned it, the buttons wouldn't take up any more space than they currently do; 4 buttons would shrink and up to 3 new buttons would be added. Frankly I'm good with the Cyrostasis Vault being accessed via the Crew screen, so it's really just Inventory and Shipyard that could be improved by eliminating a click (2 new buttons).
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I would have preferred to still have a seperate button to instant access my crew,
    but i think they need space as well to add the button for the new feature?

Edit Just saw that the bottom for the new feature will be under the Manifest button.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see massive usability issues based on screen sizes etc. with adding more buttons.

The way I envisioned it, the buttons wouldn't take up any more space than they currently do; 4 buttons would shrink and up to 3 new buttons would be added. Frankly I'm good with the Cyrostasis Vault being accessed via the Crew screen, so it's really just Inventory and Shipyard that could be improved by eliminating a click (2 new buttons).

That's exactly the issue. On a PC making smaller buttons is fine. Same with a tablet or larger phone probably. But for someone using a phone with a smaller screen you can't make the buttons half their current size. Your finger wouldn't be able to accurately touch the right button.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    On the subject of button changes, is it my imagination or have the buttons for some gauntlet functions shrunk? The top of the "Select Crew" header in the gauntlet is cut off, too, and I don't recall that being the case before.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    On the subject of button changes, is it my imagination or have the buttons for some gauntlet functions shrunk? The top of the "Select Crew" header in the gauntlet is cut off, too, and I don't recall that being the case before.

Maybe part of the change to search by name/trait?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Honestly don't know if I can tolerate this change, already using ios device more ignoring the battery drain since steam auto-updated.

I thought the event hub was torture especially nearing end of events (Don't even get me started on the recent every day popup for a week for next event) when you are trying to check position but something even more busier, who honestly thought this was a good idea?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hopefully WRG Ben can explain why they did it. Did mailbox, customer support, etc. get moved somewhere else too? I could see them doing this if they were freeing up that top right space where mailbox was for something else but if not this is a huge downgrade. Cryo vault, inventory, and shipyard are used far less frequently than crew buttons and should not be slowing down getting to crew quarters. I could see cryo being there as it is related to crew but inventory and shipyard are not as much.
    Let’s fly!
  • JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hopefully WRG Ben can explain why they did it. Did mailbox, customer support, etc. get moved somewhere else too? I could see them doing this if they were freeing up that top right space where mailbox was for something else but if not this is a huge downgrade. Cryo vault, inventory, and shipyard are used far less frequently than crew buttons and should not be slowing down getting to crew quarters. I could see cryo being there as it is related to crew but inventory and shipyard are not as much.

Cry is still in the crew window bit at the bottom so its still two clicks regardless, if it wasn't it would have been extra stupid because you can go between crew and cryo a lot to check what you got and collections so having to exit and open a menu to go back and forth would have been a quitting move for quite a few I suspect.
  • The view max stats is also a poor fit as implemented; I imagine most people use the vault to get info on finished crew, not incomplete crew.
  • a missed change to fix the counter on the crew button. It still doesn't update properly after fusing crew.
  • Lets not forget that the adding things in stages and have more planned. Maybe inventory, shipyard etc will get a lot more use in a planned second part.
    Still hoping for an actual new thing to do next to voyage, shuttles, arena and gauntlet. Thats what they have been promising for a while and this might just be needed for that
  • Some of the buttons (like in gauntlets) seem to have some that shrunk. The Manifest I like better than expected, but I still miss being able to get to the crew with a single button...
  • Maxwell wrote: »
    Some of the buttons (like in gauntlets) seem to have some that shrunk. The Manifest I like better than expected, but I still miss being able to get to the crew with a single button...

going back and forth for dailies to make sure ive done them all is going to get old and probably get tired of it quick and just not bothering.
  • Webberoni wrote: »

+1 for this, and let’s all chill out. Less stress is good, so let’s aim for that.

After you spend a couple of presses/clicks because you are used to not being slow and closing the popup window your stress levels rise, a lot.
  • Maybe this is to set up for things to be added later.

I'm sure the space that is now empty will be used for the new feature.

Like they said the Event button would - that is also doing nothing.