Home The Bridge

Crew Button Change

2»

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Maybe this is to set up for things to be added later.

Like they said the Event button would - that is also doing nothing.

Seriously? They literally turned it on two weeks ago. You may not like what it's doing, but it's clearly doing something.
  • The event button has been there for months as far as I recall.

All it does is show past events that I could access through the base button and future events that spam up my loading screen and confuse players as to which event is current.
    edited February 2021
    The event button has been there for months as far as I recall.

All it does is show past events that I could access through the base button and future events that spam up my loading screen and confuse players as to which event is current.

First post: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17449/faction-event-discussion-thread-fireside-stories-flashback-01-28/p1

As I said, you might not like what it's doing, but it's doing something.

Now, if your criticism is "I don't like how it is creating confusion," I would be inclined to agree with you, although I would argue the culprit is moreso the pop-ups than the event portal itself. I would even add that I hope there are additional planned uses that we have yet to see (give us those long-overdue mini events TP!).
  • edited February 2021
    So, as I said, the event button has been there for months and does nothing. I'm struggling to see your point.

ETA Perhaps we're operating on different versions and your event button has only recently appeared? Mine's been there for months. That's the only reason I can see for our misunderstanding.
    So, as I said, the event button has been there for months and does nothing. I'm struggling to see your point.

ETA Perhaps we're operating on different versions and your event button has only recently appeared? Mine's been there for months. That's the only reason I can see for our misunderstanding.

We have the same version. Until two weeks ago, we could only see one "active" event at a time, meaning we weren't seeing the upcoming event until the packs were in the portal, aka the day before. By loading it a week earlier, they are giving those who don't read the forums more time to prepare for upcoming events.
  • Was anyone actually calling for this annoying change, only got the update today and was wondering if there is a large group of players calling out for uneeded and frustrating changes instead of devs spending their time on useful new additions like mini events and new missions?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The biggest problem is that right now the Event Pop Up keeps being the NEXT WEEK'S Event. It is already confusing people. However, Shan said that is to be fixed soon™.

🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

We have the same version. Until two weeks ago, we could only see one "active" event at a time, meaning we weren't seeing the upcoming event until the packs were in the portal, aka the day before. By loading it a week earlier, they are giving those who don't read the forums more time to prepare for upcoming events.

Glad you're finding it useful. To me, and others, it does nothing other than require extra clicks.

Heaven forfend that players of a game might have to go outside the app to get information. I am shocked (#sarcasm), but I am also curious re: equities.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the change although I don't open my crew that often. Pretty much just to do my leveling dailies and honour dump after a voyage completes.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding that I don't mind the change as much as I thought I would. It's the same amount of clicks to get to the other things, it's just an extra for the crew, which I've adjusted to.

But I am super annoyed that they can change the menu system but still not get rid of the notification number that shows when you've had fusible crew but have since deleted them that doesn't go away without a restart of the app.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew button, event button... I do not care.

What really bothered me during this skirmish was that they put the discard button in the inventory where the golden replication button was earlier. This generated like 100 unnecessary extraklicks for me.^^

I like the fact that items have labels now but I really wished they had not done the (hopefully required and not only "just because we can") rearrangement like this.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been constantly clicking the record button. Which is where the inventory use to be.

I still have problems now and then clicking on where things use to be in the past. I think in the past the switch accounts was in a different location. I think it was where the contact support was before this new version.
  • JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Still don't like it, only log on for dailies now and its going to be a lot nicer when scan daily changes to once per day as ill only have to log in once a day.

Ever increasing login spam as well as all the popup spam when collecting stuff and extra clicking just to get events done and going into crew several times when checking things not to mention if you happen to press on wrong thing or gaps inbetween and close the menu.

Every game I seem to play for just pick up and playability seems to keep taking steps backwards for a lot of stuff.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    So far the only issue I've been having is accessing the Cryostasis Vault - I keep going for the top right. Getting used to the Manifest button itself has actually happened much quicker than anticipated.

My muscle memory has me constantly opening the Contact Support window instead of opening Messages. I’ll learn, eventually.