Home The Bridge

Inventory Items Now Have Labels

Just downloaded the new Steam version, and one thing I didn't see them mention in the release notes was the fact that inventory items have names below them now. <3

cmnndd9566ri.png

Comments

• I believe the replicator screen was updated as well. I'd take a screenshot but I've already used up my replicator rations for the day.
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the item names listed in the build screens as well?
  • That‘s a great long requested and overdue change. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • @calsnowskier Unfortunatly it doesn't appear so:

dytw4ouarpit.png
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    @calsnowskier Unfortunatly it doesn't appear so:

dytw4ouarpit.png

Thank you.

I would hope that now that they have it in the inventory and rep screens, the logic should be easily portable to the build screens as well. Easier said than done, I understand, but most of the heavy lifting has already been done.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW!!

What’s the opposite of “I just threw up a little in my mouth”? Because that is the feeling I have right now. THIS is a BIG QoL improvement!!

Well, there's a thing people say. But probably not on the Forums......

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖
    😄😀😆😆😀😄
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the overflow items to all be grouped at the end or the ability to sort them out separate. Searching through them to find the excess, which is typically what I'm currently working on, to see what I was working on would be nice.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the overflow items to all be grouped at the end or the ability to sort them out separate. Searching through them to find the excess, which is typically what I'm currently working on, to see what I was working on would be nice.

Always with the succinct comment, nice.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • WOW!!

What’s the opposite of “I just threw up a little in my mouth”? Because that is the feeling I have right now. THIS is a BIG QoL improvement!!

That wins forum post of 2021 😂
  • Great change, thank you!
  • Just this morning I went through my equipment inventory and looked for anything I had 2 - 5 of. Found things like "Castillo's phaser" and "Ishkas profits " and lots of crew specific clothing. Line by line I went through it- this morning! Hoping this won't be necessary any more. Would have liked a heads up, obviously. But fantastic QOL improvement. Thanks!
    JayneCobb wrote: »
    Just this morning I went through my equipment inventory and looked for anything I had 2 - 5 of. Found things like "Castillo's phaser" and "Ishkas profits " and lots of crew specific clothing. Line by line I went through it- this morning! Hoping this won't be necessary any more. Would have liked a heads up, obviously. But fantastic QOL improvement. Thanks!

Did you try searching your inventory for 's to really narrow down that unique equipment? That was a trick I heard somewhere. It actually works in-game now. :)

Where are we inputting the "'s" to search inventory? I have no input option.....

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • A small step towards an inventory system fitting of 2021 and not 2001. Still so much work to be done.
  • JayneCobb wrote: »
    Just this morning I went through my equipment inventory and looked for anything I had 2 - 5 of. Found things like "Castillo's phaser" and "Ishkas profits " and lots of crew specific clothing. Line by line I went through it- this morning! Hoping this won't be necessary any more. Would have liked a heads up, obviously. But fantastic QOL improvement. Thanks!

Did you try searching your inventory for 's to really narrow down that unique equipment? That was a trick I heard somewhere. It actually works in-game now. :)

Where are we inputting the "'s" to search inventory? I have no input option.....

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

I think it's only on Facebook and Steam for now.
  • t'filt'fil ✭✭✭
    Just updated iOS great QoL improvement thanks WRG.
    T'fil Vice-Principal - Species Outreach and Xenoarchaeology Vulcan Science Academy

"There is nothing to gain from haste but error." Surak Second Analects
  • <3 the inventory improvement.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a good step although I wish I could make Replicator Rations in bulk. Having 32767 copies of a schematic is a lot and pushing the replicator button 197 times is excessive.

The labels are nice. I did dump a bunch of stuff and I am now down to 844 items.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I like the improvement of adding descriptors and a search function to the inventory screen, but the display on the new iOS client is awful.

The wording across the top (ie: "990 / 1000") is enormous, to the point that only 1 full row of items/descriptions (6 items total) is visible at any time. I do also see part of a 2nd row, but that's only about 3/4 of the image and none of the description. More emphasis needs to be on increasing the actual inventory window portion of the screen, in order to make more items with their descriptions visible at once.

At least the Steam version - per a screenshot above - shows 3-and-half rows (18 full items). The iOS version is much worse.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I like the improvement of adding descriptors and a search function to the inventory screen, but the display on the new iOS client is awful.

The wording across the top (ie: "990 / 1000") is enormous, to the point that only 1 full row of items/descriptions (6 items total) is visible at any time. I do also see part of a 2nd row, but that's only about 3/4 of the image and none of the description. More emphasis needs to be on increasing the actual inventory window portion of the screen, in order to make more items with their descriptions visible at once.

At least the Steam version - per a screenshot above - shows 3-and-half rows (18 full items). The iOS version is much worse.

gjjv5vbatrbd.png

I can live with this, though, in exchange for the search function.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

gjjv5vbatrbd.png

I don't even see that much on my iPhone 11. I don't even see the little stars on the 2nd row of items.

gjjv5vbatrbd.png

Being able to search for crew specific items is definitely a great thing. I like that, for sure! Especially when Reruns and Flashbacks can give us a 5* piece of gear from someone we Immortalized the first time!

Or Dabo, or Gauntlet, or Campaign. It’s a major QoL upgrade, and I reckon the scaling will get fixed soon enough. Abide.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Its a good step although I wish I could make Replicator Rations in bulk. Having 32767 copies of a schematic is a lot and pushing the replicator button 197 times is excessive.

The labels are nice. I did dump a bunch of stuff and I am now down to 844 items.

+1