Home The Bridge

Re: Honor Salez

There has been some discussion of changes to the coming honor sale. One item mentioned was that it may contain less begolds. Personally I think the most enjoyable part of the past 3 honor sales have been the begolds. If this were removed/reduced it would be much less enjoyable. Waiting for reset to open up the daily 10k and some 40k is really exciting and fun. Waiting to just buy up the cites or other static items will just be repetitive and not add to daily enjoyment.

As I see it crew retrieval is more or less a reverse behold where you narrow down the choices (yes potentially to 1) to get a random selection. I would be nice to have a influx of normal begolds where the player gets the choice to contrast the retrieval system.

Also this is coming from a player who will be getting frequent FF Begolds.

Cheers

Comments

• Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I hope they keep the 40k begold + cite option. But they could also sell only legendary cites at a much lower rate, maybe at 10 or 20k. That would make things interesting.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, I missed that in the video. I suppose one way to atop us hoarding honour is to make the sale less interesting. :neutral:
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

If the 40k packs should drop a cite and a constellation instead of a cite and a begold, that might make up for it to some degree, but it would still be a lot less interesting than the begold variant.

I had though of that as well. I hope that in the long term there will be retrieval tie in with dismissing a gold. Perhaps when you let them go they go on to live in the sky as a "constellation". The honor received for them has always seemed disproportionate and disappointing.

That’s a great idea. Like even if it was airlock a certain number of crafty crew to get a crafty constellation.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

If the 40k packs should drop a cite and a constellation instead of a cite and a begold, that might make up for it to some degree, but it would still be a lot less interesting than the begold variant.

I had though of that as well. I hope that in the long term there will be retrieval tie in with dismissing a gold. Perhaps when you let them go they go on to live in the sky as a "constellation". The honor received for them has always seemed disproportionate and disappointing.

Personally, I think this idea is worthy of its own thread. Dismissing legendaries could either give that constellation or the 550 honor - or both. I think that would help a bit more with the disproportionately small amount of honor you get from dismissing a legendary.

To the original topic... Our fleet and Idol's podcast love to talk about legendary beholds. I have to imagine that it's a pretty universal thing in this game. I think WRG would be doing much better in terms of community engagement if they lean into that and make the sale heavier on beholds, even if they go lighter on citations. It's counterintuitive, though. The concept of Crew Retrieval serves player requests to target crew. Citations help players advance targeted crew. Beholds are the dabo wheel of crew. But players love it more that the actual dabo wheel. It's weird, but that's how I've observed player behavior. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    "Stop hoarding Honour."

"Honour Sale coming soon."

And people still defend them no matter what........

Sad.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • What's the matter with people saving let them play whatever the f they like lol

If there's no sale well tough luck. Don't understand the fuzz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way looking forward if there is one and if not then so be it!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stop hoarding Honour."

Sad.

Ben said there would be no Honor Sale in January and February and there is not. The honor sale will not be till March.

Ben did try to walk back the comment of hoarding. I think what he was getting at is that there are multiple currencies in the game that TP has to manage just like a government has to manage their currencies. If people hoard a lot of a currency then TP may have to make adjustments to make that currency still work and the game economy not crash. I get that. If people can buy a bunch of something all at once it lessens the value of that product. It makes it more difficult for TP to do long term planning and still make money selling products without having to keep increasing the amount of product in that sale and causing inflation. But Ben did say that people can hoard if they want, that they can play however they want.

Ya, the walk back was a bit painful to hear. I understand what he was trying to say, but as they said during the interview it was definitely a PR fail.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    "Stop hoarding Honour."

Sad.

Better check ur „facts“.

Ben already confirmed on the Timelines Talks in January, that an honor sale will be coming, not in february, but prob around March/April. And Ben never said don t hoard honor.

Pretty obvious that you never watched the Timlines Talks shows with Ben at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Yeah, "charming" him likes to stomp on the creators at every opportunity he can find. Often, as you said, with not really researched "facts" and trying to cutify his constant assaults with emoticons so he can escape with them. THAT is sad. I mean I am unsatisfied with certain developments or lack of them myself, but one can bring them across differently...

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stop hoarding Honour."

Sad.

Better check ur „facts“.

Ben already confirmed on the Timelines Talks in January, that an honor sale will be coming, not in february, but prob around March/April. And Ben never said don t hoard honor.

And why the smeg EXACTLY should I be finding out about WRG/TP's game somewhere besides WRG/TP's Forums?

Y'all defend the nonsense. I'm done.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone remember the old Q and A sessions with DB and when the employee (I forget who, it wasn’t Shan) would post the results on the forums (and it would get sent out in game mail too I think)

So just like we got in ye olden times of...January 2021?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17359/star-trek-timelines-news-timelines-talks-summary#latest

Yes! loved that and I wish it happened more often 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    "Stop hoarding Honour."

Sad.

Better check ur „facts“.

And why the smeg EXACTLY should I be finding out about WRG/TP's game somewhere besides WRG/TP's Forums?

Y'all defend the nonsense. I'm done.

Scott, I usually love your comments. You bring an entertaining wit to the forums, but this is ... not it.

It is common practice for any media organization to do interviews. And really, there's never been anything earth shattering revealed in these interviews - we get some interesting background and usually a tidbit or two for what's coming. Telling us that an Honor Sale is coming in a few months is not earth shattering in any way and it's disingenuous to imply otherwise. If he had laid out all of the dates and rules for how this sale will work then sure, we could debate that.

I would also point out that this week was a great opportunity for them to show off a feature that, on paper, was confusing as heck. If their show didn't exist, maybe we would've gotten a short video walkthrough.