Home The Bridge

riddle me this

We are 34 hours into this skirmish. How is it possible that rank 1 has already racked up over 10 million points? I just don't get it.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of the bonus VXP from battle drops, it goes up to 1500. So, can add up.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • that would be dedication all right. But at some point they need to acquire more intel which takes away from time in battles
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would be dedication all right. But at some point they need to acquire more intel which takes away from time in battles

True. But if you have a huge savings of chrons available, as a lot of endgame players do, it's not hard to spam the warp max (10x) button to get more Intel, and wouldn't take that much time.

I'd like to ask a direct question to make sure I'm not misunderstanding your intent. It seems that you are suggesting something underhanded is at work here. Is that the case?
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    IceCat wrote: »
    that would be dedication all right. But at some point they need to acquire more intel which takes away from time in battles

True. But if you have a huge savings of chrons available, as a lot of endgame players do, it's not hard to spam the warp max (10x) button to get more Intel, and wouldn't take that much time.

I'd like to ask a direct question to make sure I'm not misunderstanding your intent. It seems that you are suggesting something underhanded is at work here. Is that the case?

Sigh. Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    IceCat wrote: »

Unnecessary comment removed. ~Shan

I don't care how anyone gets the points they have. I don't care if there is cheating (general statement not this specific) or paying (general statement not this person specific) or a month's supply of red bull in a single weekend. I honestly do not care, and in clear language I am encouraging the OP and anyone else to not care or confront any one about the rank scores. Assume TP is doing their usual superb job and don't worry about how anyone else is playing. Assume they are playing within the rules and if doing better are generous and enthusiastic about playing the game. That is not sarcasm. It's not worth the stress, it won't go anywhere.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Someone explains the basic math behind the score, and gets ripped for it? Yikes. Automaton has directly commented on his skirmish behavior in this event in an earlier thread.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17572/skirmish-strats#latest

Can he maintain this kind of pace? I have no idea, though we shall see. Personally, I cannot. But I’m older than him, and aging is a bi###.

Gawd, I think cheating would be a better option than that. That’s not something I’d recommend at any age.
  • I luv ur handwritten notes(i do the same). Oldschool Rulez. 👍🏻 @Automaton_2000
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me 46 minutes at the start of the event to generate 1.67 million intel, which fueled the bulk of the grind. It helps to prepare crew ahead of time in the crew panel so you can both access all the missions that drop the items you want + see how many of that item you have. Please excuse my grade school handwriting :smile:

3mf5tn5xctj4.jpg

I've spent a total of 10 dilithium on an accidental after-battle reward box. I also streamed my skirmishing and a few pack openings for some friends for a while last night before bed (8 hours, felt great). 19 bot checks so far, if anyone's curious.

edit: it's about 6300 VP per round. some great data here from @Laura Palmer

Is this graph paper getting a break from dungeon mapping...?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I was not suggesting anything underhanded. Just wanted to know how it was done.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not suggesting anything underhanded. Just wanted to know how it was done.

Thank you for clarifying that. It is appreciated.

Hopefully the information provided has helped with that. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
  • Top Ranking these days requires a lot of planning, a few years playing, hoarding chrons for months. Pick a Skirmish or Galaxy event.... make a plan, catch up on sleep before hand.... then make coffee and just commit.

That said, taking first in say a Faction event.... another story of recourse mgt. But, high rank is obtainable with the same hoarding, planning, rest etc.

Also a few years of experience playing and advising players doesn't hurt either.

TY Auto for all you, and others do for the community. Happy Tapping!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I was not suggesting anything underhanded. Just wanted to know how it was done.

Auto wins a Skirmish with this simple trick, WRG employees hate him!

Your link is broken. Tapping your post doesn't take me to a site that wants to send me e-mails every 2 hours. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Asking for clarification isn’t an attack. And let’s be honest, how many times have we seen claims of nefarious play in these forums related to the nature of event scores? The way the OP is written, it did appear to hint at cheating with a notion of incredulousness and plausibility related to Auto’s score. I am glad the OP has since clarified that initial statement.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...