Home The Bridge

What's your response to the 72 Hour Ban?

2»

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep playing and I'll keep spending money in the game
    A public poll? Really?

On such a topic you only do this if you want to turn the needle in one direction.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • edited February 2021
    I'll keep playing, but WRG won't see a single penny from me going forward
    What happened today is without question the worst thing I have witnessed in my years of playing this game. Good luck on getting a single cent from me going forward unless you worship the ground I'm walking on and sent me five thousand apologies and even then I might not buy anything.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened today is without question the worst thing I have witnessed in my years of playing this game. Good luck on getting a single cent from me going forward unless you worship the ground I'm walking on and sent me five thousand apologies and even then I might not buy anything.

If we’re talking compensation, an apology, gold cite and immediate unbanning for those affected would be sufficient. As well as the full ISM for everyone in a fleet.
  • Navarch wrote: »

If we’re talking compensation, an apology, gold cite and immediate unbanning for those affected would be sufficient. As well as the full ISM for everyone in a fleet.

Add in event reward compensation, some Sorrytons, and some Dil. This entire thing is beyond anything even DB managed to cause.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • I'll keep playing and I'll keep spending money in the game
    This is great! Kick out all the cheaters and frauds and leave the game to the real players.
  • This is great! Kick out all the cheaters and frauds and leave the game to the real players.

What cheaters and frauds? People who used a feature that was out there for anyone to utilize until it was adjusted? All of us “real players” are about to leave the game en mass either because we were victim to this bait-and-switch or because we see how disgusting TP’s reaction was to their own error by putting all of the blame on their players instead and owning up to their screw up. If you think you can singlehandedly keep this game afloat, by all means spend your money, but as it stands now, I give this game a month or two before it ceases to exist.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • I'm uninstalling this game and never playing it again
    It's pretty funny how this is not the first time this happened with the packs and now the response seems to be even more heavy handed.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Add in event reward compensation, some Sorrytons, and some Dil. This entire thing is beyond anything even DB managed to cause.

I can agree with that.
  • I'll keep playing, but WRG won't see a single penny from me going forward
    It depends on whether the ban will be lifted this weekend. If not, I don't think I'll be coming back. Banning people for their own lack of QA is ridiculous.
  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    I'm uninstalling this game and never playing it again
    Pjotr84 wrote: »
    It depends on whether the ban will be lifted this weekend. If not, I don't think I'll be coming back. Banning people for their own lack of QA is ridiculous.

Even if they lift the ban this weekend, its too late. They reacted with a punishment in the middle of an event, in the middle of a mega. They completely screwed up. Lifting the ban will be just as bad as seeing the ban through.
    BarnBurner wrote: »
    Pjotr84 wrote: »

Even if they lift the ban this weekend, its too late. They reacted with a punishment in the middle of an event, in the middle of a mega. They completely screwed up. Lifting the ban will be just as bad as seeing the ban through.

For me it'd be enough if they were to lift the ban. If they can acknowledge they severely overreacted on this one, I can live with that. We'll see. Plenty of other games to play.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    PavelH wrote: »
    I was at work during the time so missed it but it seems like A) people are overblowing it - a 3 days ban is such a minor inconvenience and B- What constitutes an exploit and what is a 'feature' is hard to tell. Remember when they gave everyone a Survivalist Kirk because some people that shouldn't have received it, got it?

I missed the whole fiasco too but a 3-day ban at the start of a 4-day event is not a minor inconvenience.
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Honestly, good riddance. If people are going to throw tantrums when they're reminded they can't get away with everything, we're not going to miss them. When you're clicking the thing twice out of excitement, fine, but when you're doing it knowingly to cheat the system for the 20th time and think you're owed an apology, I'll say it again: good riddance. At least, act like grown ups. You knew you were doing something that was not intended and got caught; accept the consequences gracefully.

That was literally only bug that could benefit users IN months if not years. By benefit I mean that could use that in upcoming years.... Maybe.

Last week there was same situation but with $$ premium offer. No one was banned because there was money involved. Yet, now many players are banned fo 72 hours. Getting back to those bugs. HOW ON EARTH THEY CAN PUBLISH GAME WITH SUCH AN OBVIUS THING?! No one is testing that before release? So thousands of players are banned because of developer that will get a rise for this. :-)

• Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I was banned too. I'm ok with it. I kept clicking figuring it was just a display bug and at worst they'd just take whatever I gained away. I just wanted to regain some credits and have little to no intentions of attempting to retrieve crew with the new feature. The ban ends early Sunday morning for me, so that still gives me plenty of time to hit threshold in the event. Did TP/WRG overact? Probably. Are they having bugs, glitches, and fiascos too frequently, especially in the past year, and in blatant need to reform their QA department? Absolutely. But I still enjoy playing this game and will continue to get the campaign in the future.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep playing. I've walked away before and come back. But my spending will stay very low if not at zero. This was an over reaction for sure. But it's also a sign that things are unravelling in TP and in the player base. The new feature has not gone over well, and the patience of the community at large seems to have been broken. If TP don't get their act together soon, it's all going down the toilet.
  • I'm uninstalling this game and never playing it again
    Received my refund for this month's monthly card. Haven't heard back about the hundreds of pounds of other refunds I've requested now that the company have violated our contract and the purchases are worthless as I will not be opening the game again.

Can I ask how you contacted them? Because clearly I cannot log in to file a ticket. Many thanks.
    Received my refund for this month's monthly card. Haven't heard back about the hundreds of pounds of other refunds I've requested now that the company have violated our contract and the purchases are worthless as I will not be opening the game again.

Can I ask how you contacted them? Because clearly I cannot log in to file a ticket. Many thanks.

https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Comment moderated. ~Shan

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I am on the fence. I do not want to see the game disappear. If I was banned I would be even more upset than I am now, but not to an extent that I would not return after 3 days, and it would probably not influence my little future spendings.

I probably want the next campaign and the monthly dil, but I have the fear that the game might be gone from all platforms in a few weeks due to this mess. I would be angry if I had dumped another 14 dollar on this sinking ship then.

So I am undecided at this point. Not for "I want to see TP suffer" reasons but for potential sunken cost reasons.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Cpt. TribbleCpt. Tribble ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    "eXo wrote:
    so the 3 day ban is especially egregious here.

It’s obvious that someone at TP **tsk tsk** up their work so badly that they want to push their fault on users. :-)

• I deleted, I Quit
  • I think the ban (and removing all new currency and not just the “ill gotten” gains) is too harsh.

I can see where they’re coming from— and we all had fits by the extremely slow responses for last year’s screwups. So this time, they react quickly and take a bazooka to kill a fly.

And what’s worse is I was actually excited about playing this game again. I think the Crew Retrieval feature brings something I certainly felt was missing.

But then we get ANOTHER big screwup. And the players get all worked up (and I do not disagree with any of it). Again. There have been at least three major player push-backs in the last year. It’s tiring.

My excitement has waned. I won’t say I’ll stop playing although I should (I think this latest mess was completely avoidable). I won’t say I’ll stop giving money although I should (I am seriously concerned that the leaving players are taking lots of money with them; to the point where the game can’t continue).

So much of what I do with this game is inertia— and I am only nearing my second anniversary. It’s a complete bummer to me. I should stop playing, and maybe I will when I reach my last few goals— or realize I could do more with the 12-15 hrs a week I am in this game (not to mention time reading the forum and Discord Channel and watching Timelines Talks) and could do something else with the money I put into Timelines (which exceeds all my streaming services combined).

I keep getting riled up and eventually I get over it. But— man— it’s wearing me out.

I just want to play a game. I want the distraction. I enjoy the infrequent discussions with other players.

Take back the ban. Give back all the gains if they can’t be separated from what wasn’t part of this bug. I don’t care that someone has 100X the Constellations I do. They either wait the same time I have to for Quantum to rebuild or whale themselves into it (which just keeps the light on).