Home Engineering Room
Options

19 Pack Counter Doesn't Work

eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Engineering Room
The pack doesn't count down and I don't think I got 19...

EDIT: IT SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ORANGE COUNTER LIKE PACKS.

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    I did not get 19 pulls. more like14 or 15
  • Options
    I now have 15 constellations and I had 3 before I did the pulls, so that 12 not 19
  • Options
    DragynDragyn ✭✭✭
    I did 6 pulls at noon. 2 before realizing it wasn’t two offers, a third to confirm and them 3 for screenshots before reporting. After the 19 pack went up I got 13 more. I’m going to assume they did some calculations and most ppl didn’t pull more than 20 before it was caught / they realized it was a bad idea. So it worked correctly for me
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I wonder if this counter is for every claim we did from when it first went active.

Keep in mind the limit number does not countdown normally. The offer goes away when you have claimed that many
  • Options
    Dragyn wrote: »
    I did 6 pulls at noon. 2 before realizing it wasn’t two offers, a third to confirm and them 3 for screenshots before reporting. After the 19 pack went up I got 13 more. I’m going to assume they did some calculations and most ppl didn’t pull more than 20 before it was caught / they realized it was a bad idea. So it worked correctly for me

Correctly? It says you get 19 and you didn't
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Keep in mind the limit number does not countdown normally. The offer goes away when you have claimed that many

You're right. It should have had an orange counter like packs.
  • Options
    I only got 18.
    I am guessing because I pulled one at noon, and then 18 more later.
    1+18=19
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got 18.
    I am guessing because I pulled one at noon, and then 18 more later.
    1+18=19

I probably will get the same. But I like spacing it out. So I will do two a day.
    So for today I pulled 2.
  • Options
    eXo | RamzaeXo | Ramza ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Guys, stop with the counting.

The post said claimable 19 times.

Not claimable 19 minus the one you drew at noon.

Not claimable 19 minus the 25 you "stole from the poor, poor children of DBTPwhatever employees".

nine·​teen | \ nīn-ˈtēn , ˈnīn-ˌtēn \
    Definition of nineteen
    : a number that is one more than 18
    — see TABLE OF NUMBERS
    Nineteen
    Shan admin 7:16AM in Starfleet Communications
    Greetings, Captains,

We’re making some changes to the Daily Retrieve Pack which was previously set to be available once a day.

This free pack will now be called Retrieval Gift and will be claimable 19 times.

The contents remain the same, and the pack will be in the Time Portal until Sunday, February, 28.

Thank you for playing,

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team
  • Options
    DragynDragyn ✭✭✭

Correctly? It says you get 19 and you didn't

6+13 will always equal 19. Could Shan have written it will only be claimable 19 times including claims you’ve already done today? Sure. But I’m not a child and I understood what was meant.
  • Options
    I'm not going to entertain your insult. You have been flagged for harassment.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    after todays poor coding and all the "mistakes" in the last 3 months - you really think they can write a FOR Loop or a Do While CTR <= 19?

you have more faith than I
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    These kind of packs/offers unfortunately do not have a counter.
    The message provided was aimed mainly for players not involved in the issue this morning.

I unfortunately didn't have time to provide some additional clarity here, my apologies.

The pack does indeed take into account claims that have been done today when the Daily Retrieve pack was bugged.

I understand the confusion and we'll aim to find a better option for gifts like these.

If it only takes in account today's pack claims the counter is wrong. Overall I got 17 constellations and 18k ISM today.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The message provided was aimed mainly for players not involved in the issue this morning.

I unfortunately didn't have time to provide some additional clarity here, my apologies.

The pack does indeed take into account claims that have been done today when the Daily Retrieve pack was bugged.

I understand the confusion and we'll aim to find a better option for gifts like these.

Mistakes on TP's part seem to be a dime a dozen at the moment - Y'all need to get your house in order. Whislt many onthe forum appreciate your time / effort - of late you have had to apologise a whole lot for the company.....maybe QA everything?
  • Options
    Mistakes on TP's part seem to be a dime a dozen at the moment - Y'all need to get your house in order. Whislt many onthe forum appreciate your time / effort - of late you have had to apologise a whole lot for the company.....maybe QA everything?

I agree. Even the "solution" is a hastily put together bandaid for a not really that bad problem to begin with.
  • Options

Also - technically TP are changing the offer now - are we to take that as a situation where TP is exploiting the playerbase ...... reminds me of a used carsalesman hiding the keys for your trade in
  • Options

Hi Shan, thanks for the reply.

But it's not really "confusion".
    It was "complete omission from the original communications from the STT team".

Kinda like the "Buy More" button :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

If it only takes in account today's pack claims the counter is wrong. Overall I got 17 constellations and 18k ISM today.

It is not a counter but please submit a ticket so we look at it for you. Thanks!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I thought you were saying you got 6, then 2,1 and 3. For total of 12. Now I realize you meant 6 and were describing how you pulled 6.

And I am sure Ramza was reading as though you got 12.
  • Options

it is still wrong. I only clicked on the original pack once
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not a counter but please submit a ticket so we look at it for you. Thanks!

I did that earlier today ( #576792).

I take a counter as something that fills a persistent variable either on how many packs I already claimed or on how many I have left. If there was no counter in either sense, how could the system track my pulls at all? But let's not be petty on the term.

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

If that's the case, will those with the 72 hour ban have access to the full 19, since they finished with 0 packs and negative ISM today, should they choose to log back in after the ban?
  • Options

So why have I been banned despite pulling less than 19 packs which you INVITED me to do by having a big BUY AGAIN button?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan did anyone manually interact with my account on your side? I got no response to my ticket, but the ISM and credits I got yesterday from the packs are gone, the 15 constellations are still there though.

Yesterday:

7numrwrd30ur.png

Today:

vlm99s04wohm.png

I got 300 ISM from the fleet before I took the screenshot, so it only were 2200 which is less than the 2700 I had before I opened the packs. What is happening here?
  • Options
    Unfortunately they can take everything.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I know they can but why would they in my case? I was not punished at first. And why are the constellations still there if I was later, even though they stated that people who only clicked a few times would not be punished?

This makes no sense. I guess this is another bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I don't know why they would in my case either. It's just 'because they can'. Playground bullying