Home The Bridge
Options

Latest pitfall Quantum

Thanks for all the changes, however it's Quantum that will now limit the game not ISM.

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't object to the ratio of quantum to ISM. It would still be nice of them to come out and say:
    "We expect that you'll use your Quantum to give yourself a 5* once every 3 weeks."
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Watching paint dry is faster than the quantum recharge rate. I don’t mind having to buy it but the exchange rate is much too low. On the bright side I just need another 50 quantum to get the wascally wabbit I’ve been trying for a long time, after that is merry man troi. Nice to see abilities to get ism being done, maybe they could toss in some quantum also.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    I think the amount of quantum needed should be much lower when only using one polestar. I have six Federation polestars. If I use just it the field of crew possible is 426 crew. That is a huge amount of crew that includes common, uncommon, and rare crew. Why is the cost so high for this pull? 749 Quantum.

The Quantum cost seems arbitrary and almost random. I have found combinations of 3 polestars that guarantee a single crew that don't even cost the maximum 900 Quantum or 5million credits. And for others, one or two polestars can be max cost.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised by the functionality of the new retrieval feature, enjoying the planning and strategizing about which crew to retrieve. TP actually had me excited about this (prior to getting banned, of course)!

However, now that the initial excitement about the shiny new toy has worn off, there are a couple aspects that have more than dulled that excitement:

1. Quantum - at the slow rate it builds up, this fun new feature is basically something that might get used once a month, since I highly doubt I'll personally throw any dilithium at it.

2. RNG - even running 4 scans a day (free + video & 100 ISM + video), I've been lucky to get 1 constellation every 3-4 days. When I do, I've had terrible luck getting useful polestars - I have received a few very obscure ones (Vidiian-3, Primal-8, Andorian-9) and also gotten multiples of some very common ones (Human x3, Romantic x3, Civilian x3). As a result, my 1100 Quantum is sitting unused.

It would be nice if we were at least able to build our Quantum stockpile without a cap, similar to ISM. That way we wouldn't feel the need to waste Quantum, polestars and up to $5 million credits on a crew we don't really need or want, just because it feels like lost opportunity to NOT use our Quantum to start the refilling process.

I am right there with you. I am less bothered by the slow rate of Quantum generation, but the bottleneck for me is not Quantum, it is useful Polestars. I have a fair amount of dilithium I would absolutely not mind feeding into my retrieval system to buy Quantum to get a handful of cards, but I have thus far been shutout from that process by repeatedly getting essentially worthless Polestars like "Human", "Federation", "Diplomacy", and then totally random ones like "Andorian", "Android", and "Trill".

If I could make a single minor change to the entire system, I would adjust the RNG for breaking down Constellations to reduce the emphasis on getting 'vanilla' Polestars like "Human" and "Federation" and give more useful Polestars like "Undercover Operative", "Crafty", "Communicator", "Desperate", "Inspiring", etc a bit more of a chance to be produced, so people can break up log jams more easily, get the crew they want isolated more easily, and actually use the system.

Maybe we need a system to help us target “worthy” Constellations for needed Polestars? Too soon? ;)

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Thanks for all the changes, however it's Quantum that will now limit the game not ISM.

They already know that. That’s by design. One 5* crew every 3 weeks approximately.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I don't object to the ratio of quantum to ISM. It would still be nice of them to come out and say:
    "We expect that you'll use your Quantum to give yourself a 5* once every 3 weeks."

They literally said that. Lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUuOxlBhQQ
    Its at about the point where they get to Quantum. Sorry I can’t scrub to that point in the video but its there.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the amount of quantum needed should be much lower when only using one polestar. I have six Federation polestars. If I use just it the field of crew possible is 426 crew. That is a huge amount of crew that includes common, uncommon, and rare crew. Why is the cost so high for this pull? 749 Quantum.

nnib653v6sqd.png

The amount of quantum needed is based on the range of rarity, not the number of targeted crew, I believe.

As this is such a broad range, it has a higher chance of getting 4 or 5* crew. Thus, a higher quantum cost. At least that's how I understand it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting on the quantum. My roster is so open, I have a list several inches long of useful crew or stars I could add right now with what I have already.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Quantum is meant to be the gate keeping currency to keep the number of retrievals in check and things from getting out of hand.

Sure, we’d all like more...

en29fhhfzkoe.gif

Which would be fine if you could accumulate more than 1000 quantum while you are working to get the right polestars. If the best crew retrievals cost 900 quantum we should be able to hold up to at least 1500.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Which would be fine if you could accumulate more than 1000 quantum while you are working to get the right polestars. If the best crew retrievals cost 900 quantum we should be able to hold up to at least 1500.

Oh, I fully agree with you. Honestly, I think what is going to be found over time is that there are so many different currencies involved and so many different playing styles used by different individuals that the number of retrievals will be naturally self limiting due to shortages in a currency specific to a given player without the artificial cap on Quantum.

cdb4d46h4eed.gif
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised by the functionality of the new retrieval feature, enjoying the planning and strategizing about which crew to retrieve. TP actually had me excited about this (prior to getting banned, of course)!

However, now that the initial excitement about the shiny new toy has worn off, there are a couple aspects that have more than dulled that excitement:

1. Quantum - at the slow rate it builds up, this fun new feature is basically something that might get used once a month, since I highly doubt I'll personally throw any dilithium at it.

2. RNG - even running 4 scans a day (free + video & 100 ISM + video), I've been lucky to get 1 constellation every 3-4 days. When I do, I've had terrible luck getting useful polestars - I have received a few very obscure ones (Vidiian-3, Primal-8, Andorian-9) and also gotten multiples of some very common ones (Human x3, Romantic x3, Civilian x3). As a result, my 1100 Quantum is sitting unused.

It would be nice if we were at least able to build our Quantum stockpile without a cap, similar to ISM. That way we wouldn't feel the need to waste Quantum, polestars and up to $5 million credits on a crew we don't really need or want, just because it feels like lost opportunity to NOT use our Quantum to start the refilling process.

I am right there with you. I am less bothered by the slow rate of Quantum generation, but the bottleneck for me is not Quantum, it is useful Polestars. I have a fair amount of dilithium I would absolutely not mind feeding into my retrieval system to buy Quantum to get a handful of cards, but I have thus far been shutout from that process by repeatedly getting essentially worthless Polestars like "Human", "Federation", "Diplomacy", and then totally random ones like "Andorian", "Android", and "Trill".

If I could make a single minor change to the entire system, I would adjust the RNG for breaking down Constellations to reduce the emphasis on getting 'vanilla' Polestars like "Human" and "Federation" and give more useful Polestars like "Undercover Operative", "Crafty", "Communicator", "Desperate", "Inspiring", etc a bit more of a chance to be produced, so people can break up log jams more easily, get the crew they want isolated more easily, and actually use the system.

A good idea would be to have a fourth group of polestars: race (or species). And it just contains all of them, just making it as likely we'd get Orion, Human, or Barzan, etc. This could be expanded with another one of an affiliation or allegiance grouping, which could handle Federation, etc; though that might start getting difficult as, for example, there isn't currently a "Klingon Empire" tag.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)