Home The Bridge
Options

Latest pitfall Quantum

2»

Comments

• Options
    After that initial flurry of constellations, I have my next three retrieves already lined up, just waiting on the quantum.

And I have potentially another three that just need one extra trait each to get in line.

Still a long ways off from the polestar collection I need to get a 50% chance of Mobile Doctor, though.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Agreed because otherwise the system only helps mid lvl to end game players. I would love to see cheap costs for common, uncommon, and rare for people doing cadets or finishing those early collections. They can’t buy a bunch of 90k packs because they need credits for this.

Quantum costs for lower star crew are way too high. On the other hand I think I'd rather see retrieval not work at all for 1-3* crew. Even a trivial cost for those are way too high. 3*'s can be a little testy but even then I just deleted most of them except for a couple that I was working on. They're not so rare that you won't get them back.

Imagine you could narrow down 2 desirable 5*s together with 1 1* and retrieve for let's say (900+900+10)/3= 603 quantum. I think that would be fun. Sure, it still would **tsk tsk** to retrieve the common, but we could make some gambles with the useless polestars (human, starfleet...) at a lower cost.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed because otherwise the system only helps mid lvl to end game players. I would love to see cheap costs for common, uncommon, and rare for people doing cadets or finishing those early collections. They can’t buy a bunch of 90k packs because they need credits for this.

Quantum costs for lower star crew are way too high. On the other hand I think I'd rather see retrieval not work at all for 1-3* crew. Even a trivial cost for those are way too high. 3*'s can be a little testy but even then I just deleted most of them except for a couple that I was working on. They're not so rare that you won't get them back.

Imagine you could narrow down 2 desirable 5*s together with 1 1* and retrieve for let's say (900+900+10)/3= 603 quantum. I think that would be fun. Sure, it still would **tsk tsk** to retrieve the common, but we could make some gambles with the useless polestars (human, starfleet...) at a lower cost.

When I gamble with my WoW guildmates during a raid break I get the chance to trade insults with them when I lose.

I have a feeling yelling at my phone after getting a 1* wouldn't be the same.

I already "gambled" once with retrieval and didn't care for the results. At least until they expand the Cardassian collection. Or add a religious collection. That would be cool too.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

An interesting use for those less advantageous polestars. I have wondered what we’d do about those 1*, 2*, or 3* polestars? Depending upon how long someone has played this game, or even with the scarcity of quantum, fishing for only a 1*, 2*, or 3* card seems like an inefficient action. Any way to save quantum while increasing our chances with better cards is always desirable.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Or maybe you could recycle polestars for quantum. Even if just 50 quantum it would be good.

This is what we need!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

An interesting use for those less advantageous polestars. I have wondered what we’d do about those 1*, 2*, or 3* polestars? Depending upon how long someone has played this game, or even with the scarcity of quantum, fishing for only a 1*, 2*, or 3* card seems like an inefficient action. Any way to save quantum while increasing our chances with better cards is always desirable.

Someone suggested a NOT field for those. This would be great!

This would be amazing!

But recycling for quantum would be nice too. Or removing them altogether from the rarity constellations in the ranked event rewards :sweat_smile:

I'm fairly sure that no one who will bother to rank that high or has the ability to needs any 1*, 2* or 3*.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone suggested a NOT field for those. This would be great!

This would be amazing!

But recycling for quantum would be nice too. Or removing them altogether from the rarity constellations in the ranked event rewards :sweat_smile:

I'm fairly sure that no one who will bother to rank that high or has the ability to needs any 1*, 2* or 3*.

What if you got a 4* for finishing so high and a 5*, plus the 4*, above a certain threshold?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    The only issue i have with Quantum is, that ur not even allowed to buy
    additional Q with dilithium, once u reached the cap of 1,000.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I don't know if you catched it but in the last Timeline talks it has been hinted that some feature for dismissing polestar will be added in the future.
  • Options
    One way to solve the problem with the "useless" lower level rarity polestars would be to combine the sum of them A 2* + 3* would equal a 5*. Create a rarity "addition" or "plus" polestar.

+1 on this idea. It would be nice to have a way of using polestars I would otherwise never use.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious, what would be the point of that? Does it not make more sense to use the Quantum that you have first, then buy more if needed?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    IceCat wrote: »

I'm curious, what would be the point of that? Does it not make more sense to use the Quantum that you have first, then buy more if needed?

I could see a situation when you obtain several quality polestars at one time and could possibly redeem 2 or 3 characters at once. Being able to save advanced amounts of quantum in times of plenty can be a benefit. Otherwise, as you say, just use as you go and buy more (if able).

• Options
    Pallas_Sol wrote: »
    While the 1000 limit to quantum is tight, I don’t see it as a problem. Even once you hit 900, that’s still 2 days until your quantum is full. And making decisions based on what you have available is part of the fun of strategy games! If you’re unlucky and have to retrieve something sub optimal, at least you then have three weeks to adjust (more scans, rank higher etc). Not nearly as bad as pulling lots of packs to find no begolds.
    I have the Kaelon polestar in my back pocket if I'm ever lacking a better option. I certainly wouldn't mind the second star on Charles Emerson Winchester III, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit.

Currently I have two priority characters I know I can get once I have the quantum (Admiral Patrick, my white whale, and the fifth star on Soja Asha). Most of my polestars are earmarked for various crew I want, although there are some interesting choices from the remainder.

I won't say it's inconceivable I run out of interesting polestars, and max out my quantum. But it does seem very unlikely. And there's more to the system yet to be unveiled.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport