Home Ready Room
Options

Datacore update : the Updatening

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I love the new export mode copy to clipboard.
    Thank you for this excellent service and the good work the team has done.
  • Options
    Just testing
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, could you have another look at the "unneeded items" ?
    I have noticed that I have gear which is for one person which I already have maxed but it's not coming in the list.
    Few Examples:
    Barry Waddle's Outfit
    Garak's EV Suit
    Spock's EV Suit
    Graton Tholar's Outfit

These were easy to find.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: the new citation optimizer tool. Is it really live, or did it get taken down? I saw it in the player tools menu once, but I was looking into something else at the time. When I tried to check it out, it was no longer in the menu, and it hasn't been there for me since. It was several days ago when I saw it for that brief moment. I've reloaded datacore several times since then.
  • Options
    Re: the new citation optimizer tool. Is it really live, or did it get taken down? I saw it in the player tools menu once, but I was looking into something else at the time. When I tried to check it out, it was no longer in the menu, and it hasn't been there for me since. It was several days ago when I saw it for that brief moment. I've reloaded datacore several times since then.

I still see it in the player tools menu
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not there for me. This is what I see:
    znj2hzc4ubcy.png
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    Hey guys, could you have another look at the "unneeded items" ?
    I have noticed that I have gear which is for one person which I already have maxed but it's not coming in the list.
    Few Examples:
    Barry Waddle's Outfit
    Garak's EV Suit
    Spock's EV Suit
    Graton Tholar's Outfit

These were easy to find.

Yeah, I think I saw that there were some items in my inventory for FF\FE crew that didn't show up in the unneeded items list. But it's still helpful, nonetheless!
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying the new citation tool! Could I suggest adding a column in the table of suggested crew stating whether they are in the portal/retrievable? This would really help when deciding who to cite and who to retrieve. It would also be great if you could tap a row and be taken to that crew's page.

Thanks for all your hard work!
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    The Citation Optimizer page cuts off the explanation on my browser. My view is at 100%, no horizontal scroll appears. Not sure if it's universal, but thought you'd want to know.
    9m8zd684l0l8.png
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    ACE wrote: »
    The Citation Optimizer page cuts off the explanation on my browser. My view is at 100%, no horizontal scroll appears. Not sure if it's universal, but thought you'd want to know.
    9m8zd684l0l8.png

Same for me.

Could the Datacore team offer some insight into the differences between the citation optimizer and the retrieval tool, when the crew to be retrieved is sorted by crew level and then by legacy tier or CAB rating? I get similar results, but not the same so it seems like the logic for both may be slightly different.
  • Options
    A couple more suggestions since we're on the topic:
    • Please let crew on the cite optimizer be clickable
    • Could you please include the widget from the Event Planner that lets you insert unowned crew to test their relative improvement to your roster
  • Options
    Team, thank you for your work.

I've been focused recently on average chron costs of components from missions.

I noticed that the avg_cost Datacore displays is different than the Wiki (which is based on user-submitted trials) and other resources (probably collected the same way). Sometimes the Datacore numbers are significantly different. Some missions don't appear to have average data at all.

What is the nature of the avg_cost item data in Datacore?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Team, thank you for your work.

I've been focused recently on average chron costs of components from missions.

I noticed that the avg_cost Datacore displays is different than the Wiki (which is based on user-submitted trials) and other resources (probably collected the same way). Sometimes the Datacore numbers are significantly different. Some missions don't appear to have average data at all.

What is the nature of the avg_cost item data in Datacore?

I've been wondering that myself.
    I believe the data in datacore is from yourself?
    Perhaps some comparison should be done to see if it is the same for everyone?
  • Options
    Captain SMRCaptain SMR ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    First, a huge thanks to the folks that put together and maintain the datacore site. I really appreciate the help. Please don't take any of this as a negative, but I am confused on the "Unneeded Items" area.

Like many of us, over time I have accumulated tones of stuff. I keep getting up to 930-950 items and I use the tool to clean out unneeded items. But, here is where I am getting confused. Today, I got rid of all the extra ship schematics, unneeded items and most of the might need later items to get back to 870.

Here is where I need help. First, does the evaluation of need only consider items with only one copy? It seems like it I have 2 or more copies of something, it is never chosen as an unneeded (note: this does not apply to ship schematics). Next, I have Roman Captive Kirk FEFF. Yet, the first item in my inventory is the 5star Kirk's Gladiator Outfit. I checked the wiki and the only character that appears to need it is Roman Captive Kirk. Why would it not be identified as not needed?

So, any help to better understand and use the really cool datacore tool would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on how amazing Datacore is and a huge thank you to everyone who has worked on it.

To add to the suggestion pile, is there a way to add a Frozen indicator to Voyage Recommended Lineups list results, for when you've clicked the Consider Frozen (Vaulted) Crew checkbox? Similar to the Snowflake icon that appears in the Event Planner page. It's difficult to keep track of which legendaries I have frozen to create slot space.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I'm not certain this thread is even monitored anymore, but here goes. I found what may be a potential bug concerning crew retrieval. I've placed orders for certain polestars, but have not yet had a sale. Datacore appears to be treating them as if I already have them in inventory.

For example, I'm working on Prisoner Kim. I can retrieve him with an engineering polestar, which Datacore says I have. However, in game, my inventory does not reflect that polestar. The only place it is referenced is in my orders.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason that the event planner isn't showing the bonus crew for this week's Trill event?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Riley600Riley600 ✭✭✭
    I heard through the grapevine that there's a boss battles feature being worked on. Do you need any help testing it? If so, I'd be happy to help :)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    How can I bring datacore to force-update my profile when I update the data?

So far it used to work around once per day (which is sad enough in the course of a Skirmish when you would like to refresh your "Take my Chrons" sheet), but this is a new rock bottom:

g0gwktmpzewf.png

6iis90o100aq.png

After this week's Galaxy the data from the 3rd of September are worthless. :(
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Changes to the Datacore bot:

1. Fixed behold recommendations which weren't working as intended ever since CAB ratings were added.
    - One consequence of this bug is that the bot always assumed the Big Book recommendation and the CAB recommendation are the same. This is no longer the case and players will see both recommendations when they differ.
    - Some of the recommendations were slightly reworded to not make the player feel bad about unfortunate beholds (*these options **tsk tsk***, *star up the crappy <crew>*).
    - Added links to the Big Book crew pages for each behold option.
    - Since Datacore does not keep track of BB scorecards, fine-tuned recommendations can't be made when all crew are of similar tier, so an additional sentence will invite the player to check the crew links. BB notes or a mere glance at BB scorecards can highlight desirable niche utility in some crew.

2. Updated the /stats command to include a link to the Big Book page via the tier number; swapped the Events / Big Book Tier fields so that the tier number and CAB rating show up on the same line on desktop.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't sure how to submit this problem I've run into. In the Crew Retrieval section, every time I click to see the polestars for retrieving Flint, the entire page gets hung up and eventually an error message comes up asking if I want to wait for the page to respond or exit the page. This has happened with other crew in the past, but I didn't keep track of which those are. I don't know what makes Flint so special either.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    I just discovered a bug in the FBB algorithm. Jodmos had already solved a node, yet he still showed as one of the options on datacore.

All crew that have solved a node should be exclude should be automatically added to the crew that have been tried on that chain.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Both yesterday and today when I’ve tried to calculate my voyage crew datacore has been endlessly running when using the multi vector assault option. Yesterday I tried the Original option to calculate it but as of today that is running endlessly as well.

Does anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE - I cleared the history and cookies from my browser and that seems to have resolved the issue.
  • Options
    Here's another bug. Crew with quotes doesn't display the CAB rating. Quotes in strings need to be escaped, my dear fellow coders.

pc09lq5izvem.png
  • Options
    imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    If this is where we post issues, the Citation Optimizer page has a formatting issue on mobile...

m3oyzlwcihzn.png

EDIT: I think the problem here, watching the page load, is it positions the text based on the *initial* width of the table before it's populated and grows in width. There would be a couple possible fixes - move the text so it's at a "worst case" distance from the table, move it so it's above or below the table, or just load the text after the table is populated.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the Fleet Boss Battles tool, it would be unplayable for me otherwise.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are all skill symbols upside down after a voyage selection is calculated?
  • Options
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are all skill symbols upside down after a voyage selection is calculated?

Probably someone forgot to undo the April Fools' changes. ;-)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the info for Captain Picard Day Riker is messed up in the Behold tool. It's showing the incorrect skills for the card and the voyage score is way off. I'm unsure of how to send in a note to the players who maintain the system, hence my post...
  • Options
    I get same thing...dunwtgylaoin.png