Home Ready Room
Options

Datacore update : the Updatening

Comments

• Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Datacore folks: thank you for what you do to help us play the game better.

Suggestion: On the player tools page, provide a refresh that allows the player to do a new pull without closing the entire web page and restarting. I often pull data, plug it into a spreadsheet, make decisions and then want to see how I've ended up. I end up having to close the page and re-open to get a new pull.

I use the Profile Options dropdown. Once you import your data the first time, you can update it anytime via this menu.
    4uxnavb9i22j.jpg
  • Options
    Datacore folks: thank you for what you do to help us play the game better.

Suggestion: On the player tools page, provide a refresh that allows the player to do a new pull without closing the entire web page and restarting. I often pull data, plug it into a spreadsheet, make decisions and then want to see how I've ended up. I end up having to close the page and re-open to get a new pull.

I use the Profile Options dropdown. Once you import your data the first time, you can update it anytime via this menu.
    4uxnavb9i22j.jpg

Thank you! That’s very helpful!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see another export issues. Kal���Hyah Bashir is how the new Bashir is showing up. This is much like the Rios issue although this should only be an apostrophe in here. Is there something funky with how this comes out of the game? Just need to know so I can update the DNA checklist but I don't want to make the change until I verify with you guys. Thanks
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    IneffybleIneffyble ✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I see another export issues. Kal���Hyah Bashir is how the new Bashir is showing up. This is much like the Rios issue although this should only be an apostrophe in here. Is there something funky with how this comes out of the game? Just need to know so I can update the DNA checklist but I don't want to make the change until I verify with you guys. Thanks

Yes. In-game he has a curly/smart apostrophe, instead of a normal one like every other crew. It plays havoc with a few things. Apparently they've fixed this kind of thing in the past so here's hoping.

What are you opening the CSV files in, and does it have an option for encoding? Not sure if this is an issue with how the files are saved, or how they're imported.

Already planning to fix the search etc so that they work properly when people type Kal'Hyah instead of Kal’Hyah it still shows. If need be we can bodge the export, although it will mean you get a name that's not technically correct.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ineffyble wrote: »

Yes. In-game he has a curly/smart apostrophe, instead of a normal one like every other crew. It plays havoc with a few things. Apparently they've fixed this kind of thing in the past so here's hoping.

What are you opening the CSV files in, and does it have an option for encoding? Not sure if this is an issue with how the files are saved, or how they're imported.

Already planning to fix the search etc so that they work properly when people type Kal'Hyah instead of Kal’Hyah it still shows. If need be we can bodge the export, although it will mean you get a name that's not technically correct.

@Ineffyble Just let me know what you decide, and I'll update the DNA checklist to match so all of our tools line up. I'd be all for "not technically" correct and using the other apostrophe. That could be a standard going forward for all of us then.
  • Options
    Glad I found this site. It would be even better if there was a link to this site in the game so more could find it. It could be in the same place as the message, friends etc of the game.
  • Options
    Just found the link to this site in the customer support section for help. Never needed the help but glad I found it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Could someone explain how the numer of needed items is calculated on Datacore (under the "Charts & Stats" tab), please?
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone explain how the numer of needed items is calculated on Datacore (under the "Charts & Stats" tab), please?

I would imagine it looks at your inventory then compares it to the current state of your roster VS the full cost of fully equipping all your crew.
  • Options

I would imagine it looks at your inventory then compares it to the current state of your roster VS the full cost of fully equipping all your crew.

Thanks for your answer. That's what I thought at first, too. But there are some unusual high numbers for needed items.
    For example, for Basic Clothing Patterns it says: "Need 1041 (have: 771)".
    I only have a dozen or so crew that are not fully equipped/leveled yet.

Does this mean it also takes unowned crew into the calculations?
    Or maybe it is because of some Galaxy prefarming?
    I'm confused ...
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your answer. That's what I thought at first, too. But there are some unusual high numbers for needed items.

I'm confused ...

I've done some manual work with my own roster on this...and yes you will need over 1k on certain items. 0* holoprograms I worked out I needed over 800, which is why I am desperate for a S31 faction event to happen!

But yeah, get farming!
  • Options

I'm confused ...

I've done some manual work with my own roster on this...and yes you will need over 1k on certain items. 0* holoprograms I worked out I needed over 800, which is why I am desperate for a S31 faction event to happen!

But yeah, get farming!

You're right, "Chef Riker" alone needs 212 Basic Clothing Patterns ... farming it is, then!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused ...

But yeah, get farming!

You're right, "Chef Riker" alone needs 212 Basic Clothing Patterns ... farming it is, then!

It's worth keeping in mind there are several caveats with the numbers that are shown. First, it doesn't take into account the double build glitch (ie: when you build an item that has the same two items, like the Submicron Scanner, but you only use one item rather than two), so it will overestimate how much you need of some items. Also I'm finding that it over counts the faction specific items, as I can't always reconcile the number at the top with what's in the specific items below; I think it treats some not exclusive items as exclusive (but can't confirm that; I could be wrong). Lastly, there is a note at the top of that section: "this may over-include already equipped items from previous level bands for certain crew."

I'd say treat those numbers like a good estimate, rather than as solid, specific numbers.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Deleted
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems Datacore isn't working fully this morning.

dh68wa6damva.png
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I would like to say thank you to everyone who helps out with Datacore. The different functions available in this tool make it very useful for me, almost like an STT Swiss Army knife. 🖖

Specifically, I would like to thank @Ineffyble and whoever else worked on incorporating the CAB Power Ratings into the Crew Retrieval function:

b7bjrzrh8ddp.png
    (edit: Thank you, too, @(A) Traveling Man !)

Live long and prosper,
    ~peregrine~ 🐉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Datacore is an incredibly awesome resource,

Add my thanks to the accolades expressed above!!!!!
    "Curious, how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want." — Spock

🖖
  • Options
    Datacore folks, a suggestion, if possible:

For crew retrieval, have the ability to show all crew, not just those for which you have all polestars and display missing polestars in a different color/greyed out, etc.

That way, if all I need to do is purchase a polestar to retrieve a Tier 1 crew, versus retrieving a Tier 7 crew because that's all the polestars I have, that would be helpful.

Hope that wasn't too convoluted.
  • Options
    ACEACE ✭✭✭

Cristobal Rios is doing the same thing. I was actually going to post this on the Checklist thread, but came here first, and saw this. Hopefully, it's not out of place here. :)
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭

For crew retrieval, have the ability to show all crew, not just those for which you have all polestars and display missing polestars in a different color/greyed out, etc.

That way, if all I need to do is purchase a polestar to retrieve a Tier 1 crew, versus retrieving a Tier 7 crew because that's all the polestars I have, that would be helpful.

Can I rephrase that for what I think it could look like?
    You search for a crew name, and it shows if you have or don't have the Poles and which one(s) you need?
  • Options
    D@MN wrote: »

You search for a crew name, and it shows if you have or don't have the Poles and which one(s) you need?

That's right. Thank you for helping me make that clearer.
  • Options
    A request to add to your planned backlog, if possible:

Would it be possible to add filters to the "items" page? Type & Rarity would be enough i think

Thanks!
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

That's right. Thank you for helping me make that clearer.

Added to the backlog! @USS John Jay is taking a look :smiley:
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    A request to add to your planned backlog, if possible:

Would it be possible to add filters to the "items" page? Type & Rarity would be enough i think

Thanks!

I'll add this to the suggestions in our discord
  • Options
    Just looked at the retrival list on crew from the new collection and accordingly to datacore i have 171, but looking at my collection list ingame i have 173 immortilized.
    I cant tell who isnt calculated into the number of finished on datacore
    qdqyziaslvi2.png
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Am I just having a really bad run, or has the Voyage Calculator been a bit off lately? I've had a number of voyages in the last few weeks fall almost an hour short of the prediction. I'm not using gauntlet crew, and I'm double-checking that I'm using the right ship and crew. I've never noticed it being regularly so far off before.
  • Options

Thanks for suggesting this - I just came here to suggest the same thing :smile:
  • Options
    Is this why I am having difficulty in getting on today on the game app. Which every time I try to get started it seems to crash it was working fine yesterday on my iPod
  • Options
    D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    Cap T N wrote: »
    Is this why I am having difficulty in getting on today on the game app. Which every time I try to get started it seems to crash it was working fine yesterday on my iPod

Datacore is a player tool which doesn't interact with the game app.