Home The Bridge
Options

Aww, we crossed 1000 characters with no fanfare.

Sadly, it’s indicative of the state of the game itself...

My apologies if I missed a forum post about this.

p4muajt9kkgw.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow
  • Options
    You‘re a little late. Already crossed it last Wednesday. 😜
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    That counter includes the crew from this coming weekends event, so tomorrow will be the 1000th in a way. Shan said there would be a celebration.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that with the new way of listing events in advance, some crew show up before they are officially in. For example, Wyatt Erp was on my Dabo, but before this new event hub, he wouldn't appear until Wednesday. Thus from a certain way of counting, crew 1000 isn't here yet.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    That counter includes the crew from this coming weekends event, so tomorrow will be the 1000th in a way. Shan said there would be a celebration.

That‘s still not correct. Crew for the next event is only 3 new. So we already had our 1000th crew.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Guys my point wasn’t for all of us to argue, I just want a little fanfare. If they’re really planning to at least acknowledge it, I’ll be very happy. Thank you!

They are going to acknowledge it, Shan said this last week.
    Plus Ben had said there would be a crew slot sale this month, so I am assuming it's part of, or most of the celebration.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Guys my point wasn’t for all of us to argue, I just want a little fanfare. If they’re really planning to at least acknowledge it, I’ll be very happy. Thank you!

There were several threads about it last week, and the disappointment was palpable in every post. Apparently math is hard.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a mighty fanfare planed for #1004 though!
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »

Here's my problem with that math -- quoting myself from the Jennifer Sisko thread last week, so "today" refers to Wednesday - after Sisko was released in her Tuesday back but before this week's event crew were added to the preview box:
    The problem is event crew being released in the preview screen early? By that we're meaning Punk Rocker, this week's 4* threshold and 5* ranked rewards? Because they were already in the vault but not available?

So pull them out, Jennifer Sisko is 997, but this week's event cards will STILL be available in game before Maco Mayweather is, whether they were released into the vault early or not doesn't change the number alignment?

If Maco was released TODAY then I understand how the preview hub screwed up the count, but in that event he'd be #998 of what's "available" (except once they're in vault they're fair game for the Dabo appearance anyway).
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Must be the "new math".... :D

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be the "new math".... :D

I guess this is basically what I do in my head, but on paper that looks absolutely insane.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    So was Wyatt Miller then 1000?
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I prefer to order 998-1000 as such that Punk Rocker was.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

By looking at the non DABO acquisition of crew, I think today's rewarding of Wyatt Miller for ranked rewards makes him 1000th

But if you include DABO then Wyatt Earp or Denal would be the 1000th crew.

If you go by the order of their inclusion in Cryo, then I guess last Tuesday's pack crew would be the 1000th. This probably is the easiest way to do it. Should be no conflict of who it was.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

By looking at the non DABO acquisition of crew, I think today's rewarding of Wyatt Miller for ranked rewards makes him 1000th

If you go by the order of their inclusion in Cryo, then I guess last Tuesday's pack crew would be the 1000th. This probably is the easiest way to do it. Should be no conflict of who it was.

The actual 1000th crew in the vault was Jennifer Sisko. The issue was that when TP planned out who was going to be the 1000th card, the change to releasing the event details in game a week ahead of time wasn't factored in. So tomorrow (?) we're getting MACO Mayweather, who was the planned release, and it seems they have something planned to celebrate for crossing the 1000 crew threshold.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

The actual 1000th crew in the vault was Jennifer Sisko. The issue was that when TP planned out who was going to be the 1000th card, the change to releasing the event details in game a week ahead of time wasn't factored in. So tomorrow (?) we're getting MACO Mayweather, who was the planned release, and it seems they have something planned to celebrate for crossing the 1000 crew threshold.

Yep, now that you said who it was, I remember her in the Tuesday Pack.

• Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    IceCat wrote: »
    Is this really an issue worth losing sleep over? *sigh*

People only want to complain here anymore. This is remains a non-issue. As a player-base, we've become the worst examples of sci-fi fans. Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons would even read these forums and say "sheesh, people, lighten up....|

Far better to just say "Yay - we have over 1000 crew!" and leave it at that.

The Comic Book Guy analogy is dead on. I swear some people only participate in fandom to hate watch (or play), and take a 💩 on it. I can't imagine being that miserable that would ever become enjoyable.

If my life ever becomes that bad, please toss me in an agonizer booth, and then toss my dying body out an airlock. It would be less painful.

I think you are overstating the magnitude of the complaint.
  • Options
    Maybe they will give us The Bynars for #1024! :D

That would be a nice easter egg like addition, though they could have it for anything 'robotic/ mechanical' so wonder if you could have an Exocomp as we already have Bynars