Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event "A Brute Squad" - rerun (03/04)

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 5* showing in the rewards - I'm guessing this is because Crusher isn't in the Vault yet.

Also...I'm loving the attention Bev is getting lately!
  • @Shan, Legendary crewman isn't available at ranked rewards
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that. Maybe we can get a "Time's Arrow" collection someday. We have Freddy and I'm guessing this is the undercover Crusher. Cop Riker and a new Guinan, plus Mark Twain, would be a start. And a 2* Bell hop Jack London, please.
    I got some Bev love earlier, too. I finally hit 4* DU Bev in a portal. Now, Proto Riker is the only in-portal 4* I need yet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • The event hub shows Frank Hollander as the ranked reward not Crusher
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event hub shows Frank Hollander as the ranked reward not Crusher

Hollander is the highest threshold which is correct. The issue is Crusher missing from ranked reward.
    Shan wrote: »
    x-posting from the thread in Engineering:
    Century Nurse Crusher is not yet showing in the ranked rewards or vault because we are awaiting final approval on her art :)

I was not aware at the time otherwise I would have mentioned it.

Thanks for clarification. Any chance of sneaking us her stats, or shall we be kept in suspense?
  • Kinda feels like a carbon copy of the Crusher we just got a couple weeks ago......
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Century Nurse Crusher is not yet showing in the ranked rewards or vault because we are awaiting final approval on her art :)

Maybe we should axe the whole Event Preview thing, if licensing issues are going to be a concern moving forward.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Kinda feels like a carbon copy of the Crusher we just got a couple weeks ago......

Yeah. Boring. 😐
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    edited February 2021
    Kinda feels like a carbon copy of the Crusher we just got a couple weeks ago......

Surprisingly similar, and weaker in every way. Combined with this week being a rerun, this should be an easy event to rank in.

Surprisingly similar, and weaker in every way. Combined with this week being a rerun, this should be an easy event to rank in.

or to pass on.....

Captain Level 99

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda feels like a carbon copy of the Crusher we just got a couple weeks ago......

or to pass on.....

You don't send shuttles out anyway so..... :p:o
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

or to pass on.....

and for good reason! :wink:

Captain Level 99

or to pass on.....

and for good reason! :wink:

haha, uh-huh, I know :sleeping:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Maybe we should axe the whole Event Preview thing, if licensing issues are going to be a concern moving forward.

Art Gate 2? Too soon?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Bev? I'm still not spending money, but you've definitely gotten my attention!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily :)
    Still waiting for approval by the time we announce an event should be rare.
    This is part of the growing pains of change of cadence :)

Change can be good sometimes, and I definitely understand growing pains. But with some of the recent ... "issues", putting out an incomplete "event preview" does create a perception dilemma that is bad for the company, and can sour the player base.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Shan wrote: »

Thanks
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Deja vu all over again.....

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily :)
    Still waiting for approval by the time we announce an event should be rare.
    This is part of the growing pains of change of cadence :)

Unfortunately, it does have bad optics. AdiraGate led to the company talking about "taking steps" to avoid issues in the future. And, here we are. Kind of the same issue, y'all just caught it before the Event began, instead of an hour before the Event ended.

Very poor optics, indeed. Especially when the company promised "steps" to avoid issues. Aren't Events planned a little further ahead? It's so tight that artwork for an Event this close has not been approved a week before the Event the crew is rewarded in? I mean, does the company have no idea how bad that looks, competence-wise?

As always, we know you are just the messenger, Shan.....

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new Crusher is still quite good, has added traits, and will be in event wrap up packs so easier to get.
    Let’s fly!