Home The Bridge
Options

This seems okay, and fine

syt683m5rwqq.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Uh huh. Okay. Just spend more than you already have refreshing. Got it. Thank you.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    Uh huh. Okay. Just spend more than you already have refreshing. Got it. Thank you.

Just take your loss, and save your merits. Otherwise, you might find yourself with less than 50 merits.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Why am I seeing a wall of Red Angels. A WALL.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Oh man... *sadface*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I seeing a wall of Red Angels. A WALL.

Let's make it clear. Not everyone in your gauntlet has Red Angel.
    This has been what I consider the main problem with gauntlet. That captains that have higher rank, than the ones composing the wall you are facing, have been skipped. And frankly, it seems that they were purposely skipped over to chose the toughest crew for you to face. This seems to happen more frequently the higher your rank is. (Hmm should I actually be saying lower for higher, what I mean is one is the highest rank)
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your rank is 171, this one is worth refreshing, once you do you will mostly get lvl 50 admiral Patrick or Duras sisters opponents.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys think I do not understand what the refresh button is?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this is something that has improved significantly with time as the pool of crew diversified. Back in 2018, it was wall after wall - Kahless, Mirror Picard, Surak, Locutus, Guinan. The same five, over and over.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    So I just need more merits. Okay, thanks.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a huge issue and problem for players. Any Gauntlet wall should only have at a maximum of three of the same crew imo
  • Options
    So I just need more merits. Okay, thanks.

Or patience 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    yep, it's this reason I finally stopped playing guantlet .. such a waste of time, really .. *sigh*
    and it would be so easy to fix this thing ...

a) simple check to prevent duplicate champs from showing up.
    b) simple change of logic to fix the range of difficulty so you have a range of 6 difficulties .. with appropriate pt values ...
    ... etc.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    yep, it's this reason I finally stopped playing guantlet .. such a waste of time, really .. *sigh*

b) simple change of logic to fix the range of difficulty so you have a range of 6 difficulties .. with appropriate pt values ...
    ... etc.

I used to think along the same lines, but that's not really fair either, since a victory for you takes points away from the loser. It's not really fair to the potential loser if they get a weaker option picked from their gauntlet team, especially if they have the same character that is forming that particular wall.

The problem is the proliferation of the main gauntlet heavyweights.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Crew Retrieval live, I could see players targeting non-gauntlet exclusive crew and we could see more variety. For example, I just retrieved Bem. He's not the heaviest hitter, but under the right circumstances can take down the big boppers, and gets a fairly consistent 25% crit.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Ditto wrote: »

... etc.

The gauntlet is not a waste of time, it's by far the best source of quality legendary crew you can fuse for free up to 5/5. It's by far the most generous feature of the game.

If voyages and events were merely half as generous as the gauntlet is, then the game would be a much better F2P experience.

Is it? Perhaps you're luckier than me, but I've got just three legendary characters in 13,963 rounds. As a minimal spender, I find voyages and events far more rewarding.

I have:
    Locutus FF + 2/5 and others I airlocked before
    Guinan FF x2
    Armus FF x2
    Caretaker FF x2
    Red Angel FF x2

I've never spent DIL on gauntelt. It's just from playing regularly and using merit refreshes.

As I was building up my voyages, those FF gauntlet crew and mega 5/5 crew were the core of how I got to 8 and then 10 hour voyages.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    i never spend any merits in gauntlet... beside unfreezing for faction, i prefer to use them in merits portal for honor and a lucky 4/5* drop every now and then...

if i need to refresh the oponents i just loose with my weakest crew...

though i managed to get all gaunt crew 5/5 prior replacement (except luctatus bcoz i ignored gaunt in the beginning :P)