Home The Bridge
Options

And so it's come to this. It's not you, WRG, it's me.

2»

Comments

• Options
    BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    LIMITED LICENSE

We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license (without right to sublicense) to access Tilting Point Services (including by downloading applicable Tilting Point software, which are licensed and not sold to you) and to use the products and services expressly made available to you therein in accordance with these Terms. We reserve the right, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to modify such products and services and to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of Tilting Point Services, including, but not limited to, their Materials and Content as well as features, pricing (including pricing and availability of “digital” or “virtual goods” or “virtual currency”) and/or availability of Software, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so.

That is copied from tp’s website. @IceCat

Im sure you did a wonderful job of breaking down the TOS. But this section proves my point, and with tp’s track record in the past 12 months, i hope that my concerns are a little more clear to you.

• Options
    IceCat wrote: »
    You're choosing to cherry pick whatever you want from anything I post, and ignore the rest. I really feel like I'm wasting my time with you, @BarnBurner, so I'm going to leave it at this.

1) those are pretty standard terms that are in the TOS of just about any game, app, website, etc
    2) you've quit the game, so if it was to disappear, I'm not sure why you care
    3) none of this indicates they are shutting it down, as you've said

Feel free to get the last word in if you want. I'm done with this conversation with you 🖖🏼

Bye Ben! See you on the next timelines talks!
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rascals was a fun episode of TNG, right?

9v04hxlo0erm.gif
  • Options
    Looks like we've reached the point where all new responses to this thread are just everybody taking shots at each others' posts. Time to shut it down.
  • Options
    Whelp - time to pack it in I guess. @BarnBurner predicted the game would be over within the year.

I mean, it has never come to pass every other time someone predicted it while whining about something they didn't get, but this time it will be different I am sure.

I would like to make a prediction of my own - sometime within the next 10-20 years, this game will be no more. I AM SUPER SERIOUS!

Just to be clear, i was not one of the banned. You can call me a whiner or whatever other name you want. Demanding that a company is held accountable for its actions really shouldn’t be that controversial.

I’m also not telling you what to do. I’m not so naive to think that my words will change your undying loyalty to this company.

So if tp’s own words in the limited license agreement, in conjunction with the past years worth of foul ups are not enough to make you cautious about giving money to this company, then there is no way that me chiming in with my words will change that for you. Similarly, given the precedent set by this company and the language that exists in the limited license agreement, no amount of bashing from you, or icecat or any of the other wrg champions will make me yield in my request for this company to actually do better. They said they can do better. I want them to prove it.

For me, it has been enough to make me cautious about supporting this platform, but i still believe it can change for the better. I just want to see that change. Which is why i chime in here, at the place that wrgben said was the official place to provide feedback. You can relax now. Your self appointed status as the “comment police” is not necessary.

• Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    You're choosing to cherry pick whatever you want from anything I post, and ignore the rest. I really feel like I'm wasting my time with you, @BarnBurner, so I'm going to leave it at this.

1) those are pretty standard terms that are in the TOS of just about any game, app, website, etc
    2) you've quit the game, so if it was to disappear, I'm not sure why you care
    3) none of this indicates they are shutting it down, as you've said

Feel free to get the last word in if you want. I'm done with this conversation with you 🖖🏼

I really appreciate that you're trying to rid this place of its negativity - that's a noble endeavor. But I'm not entirely sure that using extensive point-by-point posts, effectively bullying people into either agreeing with you or leaving the forum, is the best way to go about doing that. In fact, I would argue it adds to the toxicity of these forums.

It might be nice for the energy on these forums if everyone chilled a bit, and IMHO that includes you.

Respectfully, I'm not trying to bully anyone, nor do I think I am doing so.

When people make ridiculous claims, should their arguments not be responded to with a logical, proof based answer?

I've never tried to stop people from adding to a productive discourse. The only time I've done anything that can be construed as encouraging someone to leave the forums is when I've:

• encouraged people who were not enjoying themselves to take a break. Particularly when it was impacting their health or well-being
    • tried to get obvious trolls to stop harassing those who were still enjoying the game. Particularly those who had quit playing and were trying to ruin it for the rest of us

I don't think those actions are toxic, by any means. In fact, judging by the number of people who "awesome" my posts, or respond with similar sentiments, I'd say quite the opposite.

I have no beef with you, @robownage (TP - Test your Product). In fact, I think you're a great asset to these forums, and you often have a balanced POV. I apologise if I have offended you somehow. I'm only trying to help.
This discussion has been closed.