Home The Bridge

Player’s Choice June Mega Event!

Looking Forward to it! I enjoyed all the questions and thought the three choices were interesting. I went with Possessions because I thought it would be different and fun! What did everyone else choose?

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17866/help-us-choose-the-theme-for-our-june-mega-event#latest
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Player’s Choice June Mega Event! 104 votes

Sports
30%
Ikrit[TLA]  84wbThis Sisko1MidspeedRaraRacingJayBeezy~peregrine~(HGH)ApolloCaptain Murphy[GoT] LuckyNumberHatGib - Admiral MarinersMicrohopperAldudeHaere LinteseregJenos IdanianUhtred of BebbanburgPavelHSlickDaedalus5Sven Lundgren 32 votes
Harsh Conditions
42%
Zombie Squirrel Nad Hal[QH] Oxmyxdext74PhotonKimJean-Luc KenobigregorytGhostStalkerAdmiral Lon Suder {SE}IntrepidPiscean•§ë• Captain TatemMirror CartmantytlalSelene 7Dirk GundersonInspector34 Edwyn[PFV] GrifterEmperor Borg Drone (SC)Desmaniac 44 votes
Possessions
26%
Warrior WilloWaldoMagHaBlackDragenTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Torias327DScottHewittBlast HardcheeseDarmok campfireWebberoniGeneral Khazaan <))) [TLA]robownageIshmael MarxPrime LorcaVerzweigterBylo BandProontST_DreadnoughtMister Flibble Bri 28 votes

Comments

• Possessions
    Pike is conspicuously absent from the survey's list of captains.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    The choices we were offered needed more Tribbles. :/
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possessions
    I went with the possessions theme, since harsh conditions was too vague as presented (though I have long wanted a new La Forge from 'The Enemy').
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captains missing from the survey:
    Lorca, Pike, Saru, Rios, Freeman. It's almost like they forgot that Burnham and Picard were not the captains despite being the "main character". And Lower Decks wasn't included at all.
  • Possessions
    784pg2stq8t2.jpeg

Captain Level 99

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to think about which crew I have that would be beneficial. I figure Harsh Conditions means survivalist. I have a good group of those. I'm leaning that direction.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to think about which crew I have that would be beneficial. I figure Harsh Conditions means survivalist. I have a good group of those. I'm leaning that direction.

That's what I did, though athletes would have been more timely with the Olympics. Zhan'Tara Leeta anyone?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Sports
    We already had a Survivalist Mega, pretty sure so it was Sports/Harsh Conditions. Sports cards are some of the coolest so went with it.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Sports
    I love watching sports and it's in time with the Olympics. So, that's where my vote went.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Harsh Conditions
    I felt like whatever they mean by harsh conditions, there would probably be character additions from some of my favorite episodes so I went with that. Since we already had a Survivalist mega, the bonus trait could be Desperate maybe.

Not a fan of any sports or of anything supernatural (if that's what they mean by possession :lol: ) but I agree that a return of the tribbles option would have been nice too.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Possessions
    I went with Possession because I've been waiting for Pah Wraith Jake and Prophet Kira for ages, and one of them needs to be the recurring legendary.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Lorca, Pike, Saru, Rios, Freeman. It's almost like they forgot that Burnham and Picard were not the captains despite being the "main character". And Lower Decks wasn't included at all.

Wow I had to reread that three times before I understood what you meant by Picard not being captain. I need a stiff drink.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harsh Conditions
    I dislike all options. 😐
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Sports
    Went with Sports. Love sports and Trek, so the combination is a winner for me. Also, we already had a survivalist mega a while back.
  • Possessions

I at least get why they didn't include Freeman, seeing as they're not adding Lower Decks to the game.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I at least get why they didn't include Freeman, seeing as they're not adding Lower Decks to the game.

I'll accept excluding Freeman. But the rest are captains on shows that are already in the game.
  • ShadowPresenceShadowPresence ✭✭✭✭
    Who's your favorite character?
    Captain Pike (Anson Mount)

Who's your favorite captain?
    Duh, where's Pike??
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Harsh Conditions
    I went with Harsh Conditions. I thought it would be kinda cool having all the voyager crew cloned by the Class Y planet.

We could also get Riker’s old ship or Scott in the Dyson Sphere teleported cache. Maybe the Enterprise-D getting smogged for termites could be considered a harsh Condition, so we could get Mott Picard...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sports
    I went with Harsh Conditions. I thought it would be kinda cool having all the voyager crew cloned by the Class Y planet.

With Melty-face Janeway as the 5* recurring!

v3u4qc74xbwx.jpg

You could put her together with Diseased Changeling Founder on your bridge crew.

Ewww
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possessions

I'll accept excluding Freeman. But the rest are captains on shows that are already in the game.

I suspect this is a failure in the phrasing of the question. They're telling us they want to know who our favourite captain is, but they actually want to know who our favourite main character is. Asking questions is an art.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sports
    I went with sports just because there is a logical trait - athlete - which could be common to the mega.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possessions
    The question about your favorite STT crew was unexpected. Over 1000 cards and you think I have an answer ready for that? So many ways to look at that question. Eh, whatever. Went with a card I like for various reasons (claymore scotty) but not sure that he’s actually my favorite card.

As @robownage (TP - Test your Product) said, I’d like to see Pah-wraith Jake or Prophet Kira show up. Also Janice Lester and Spock-as-Henoch.
  • Possessions
    @Ishmael Marx

How about “Nail File Kirk” and “I am not Janice Lester Janice Lester” :smiley:

Captain Level 99

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possessions
    @TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)

I was thinking the same thing.
    Different and fun

I figured Harsh conditions we already had with a megaevent the one with Determined Janeway.

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possessions
    @TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF), I had a hard time deciding about which Janice variation. Your options are great! 🙂 My preference would be her looking simultaneously amused/annoyed during her “trial” (always enjoyed her acting for that part) but we could always use a “you will obey my orders” Kirk. 😂
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Possessions
    Prophets Possessed Kira, Pah Wraith Possessed Jake Sisko and Dukat alone decided my vote. Although it might be a more fitting Halloween theme