Home Engineering Room
Options

No one can join fleet. Shan, please help!

We have an issue in our fleet where we are showing 49/50 positions filled and can not recruit to fill our last spot. We were a full fleet 50/50 on Friday but one of our members had an issue with his account. A support ticket was sent in and they reset his account which bumped him from the fleet. He is now unable to rejoin. He does not get the invites we send him and he can not find our fleet in the fleet search. I set up a second account and tried to invite that account to our fleet. The invite never showed up and I have been unable to find the fleet in the search. I have sent in a ticket and got a response from Jonah that he confirmed that the other captains ticket was being investigated. I have emailed him back to let him know that the issue is now with our fleet and not the other player. It has been over 24 hours since I've heard anything from Jonah. Can you look into this please?

Comments

• Options
    restart the fleet
  • Options
    the real Spotthe real Spot ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    info on this major bug can be found in the following threard on the old forum:

forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/57716/

and this is my inquiry on the new forum:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1353/fleet-has-disappeared-and-noone-can-get-in-bug#latest
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jonah will continue to work with you on that, please update your ticket with a screenshot of your fleet screen, it will help as well. Thank you!
  • Options
    Shan why dont you tell the truth? this is a known bug which will never get fixed.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Shan why dont you tell the truth? this is a known bug which will never get fixed.

The underlying cause for the issue has not been determined yet.
    While this is a known issue, this does not mean that the Fleet has to be recreated each time. Support can sometimes help and rectify the situation and will strive to do so.

• Options
    the underlaying cause hasnt been identified? horse hocky. i have support tickets specifically stating why this bug occurs. i just want to save this guy months of emails and star base donations.
  • Options
    the real Spotthe real Spot ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    Support can sometimes help and rectify the situation and will strive to do so.

it has only helped WITH a restart in the past, not helped avoiding it

edit: and im not even talking about only my own fleet in this post, but the data gathered from other fleet admirals who have been effected
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to restart your fleet. CS is indeed able to clear up the 49/50 situation, or at least they were able to for my fleet, as of last month. We had a "phantom captain" occupying the slot, though that may not be the only cause. Either way, no need to be hasty and have to start over on your starbase unless there is absolutely nothing they can do.
  • Options
    Thanks Odo. Really don't want to do that as pur starbase is almost maxed.
  • Options
    Odo, can I ask who your cs rep was so I can forward that to Jonah? Perhaps they can get together on the fix.
  • Options
    We maybe having the same problem. We have been at 49 now for some time... as we tend not to actively recruit, I can't say if people can or can't join. But in general, we don't have to wait this long.

dsqltikaljpb.png
  • Options
    Etienne, find Darklyte level 10. Send a fleet invite and I will see if it shows up. I will see if I can find your fleet.
  • Options
    No need to restart your fleet. CS is indeed able to clear up the 49/50 situation, or at least they were able to for my fleet, as of last month.

hopfully Silverknight can confirm this; maybe they finally got around to fixing, it sounds good though
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Etienne, find Darklyte level 10. Send a fleet invite and I will see if it shows up. I will see if I can find your fleet.

Done

We are set at Captain lv.30 to join, as your client is a lv.10, is that going to be a problem?
  • Options
    Looks like you may have the same issue. I can not find your fleet in search and I have not received your invite.
  • Options
    Stay tuned and I will post the solution as Jonah works on it.
  • Options
    Shan, I believe that I am going to need your assistance again with this matter. I do not wish to post all details here. Please contact me.
  • Options
    Our fleet faced the same issue prior to starbases being introduced. I contacted support and they were unable to solve the problem in our case. I was able to verify that the glitch was real by logging into a spoof account above level 10 and attempting to find the fleet in the search. If you can't find your fleet it is because the system is registering your fleet as full even though it is not.

In our case, the customer service rep took note of all the members of our fleet and gave us all a free daily target worth of honor for the inconvenience. I made sure I had everyone in the fleet on my friends list and we disbanded and reformed.

We also use discord, which made it easier to keep track of what was going on.

I am curious if the customer service reps have the ability to restore your starbase to what it was prior to the disband. If not, I suppose they could give the admiral all the components for the builds done so far and enough dilithium to refresh your contributions endlessly. Or, if they wanted to do that themselves, they could make a spoof account and join your fleet temporarily and manually do all the adjustments themselves, giving themselves enough components and dilithium to make it happen.

I hope you get this sorted out without having to go that route!
  • Options

In our case, the customer service rep took note of all the members of our fleet and gave us all a free daily target worth of honor for the inconvenience. I made sure I had everyone in the fleet on my friends list and we disbanded and reformed.

Our Fleet has discussed this as a possibility and we have decided if it comes to that, we'd rather just stay at 49.

• Options
    I hope CS is able to set your SB back to what it was before or at least give you all the SB Items and Dilithium to bring the Base back to the previous level (in case or disbanding and recreating the fleet). :(
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • Options
    So I take it there is no fix for this yet?

I finished #1 in the gauntlet this weekend so I have that bug to contend with too :(
  • Options
    We are working on it. I'll keep you up to date.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took our fleet over three weeks and being reassigned CS reps during the layoffs, but eventually they sent me a list of our fleet members of which there were 50, but one just said "Enter Captain Name" and the other 49 were the 49 fleet members we were stuck at. They were able to eventually delete the ghost captian...anyone still suffering just be patient. If you have the same issue they should be able to fix it. If it's caused by some other glitch at least wait and see.
  • Options
    Seems to be fixed. A huge thank you for all your help.
  • Options
    Etienne, sending you an email.
  • Options
    @Shan
    Bumping this up because I can't make new posts yet and I stumbled on this same bug.
    Recently I joined the fleet with my alt account but my main acc cannot join that fleet even though there are 49/50 members in it.
    When I try to make invitation on player tab I get server error. Inviting from available players list appears to work but my other account never receives that invitation and the fleet cannot be found when searching for it.
    I sent ticket to CS but no response yet. I'd really like this to be resolved before next event starts.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had this early on. So annoying. We just restarted the fleet. But that was before Starbases and I can't imagine the frustration but glad they helped!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Bumping this up because I can't make new posts yet and I stumbled on this same bug.
    Recently I joined the fleet with my alt account but my main acc cannot join that fleet even though there are 49/50 members in it.
    When I try to make invitation on player tab I get server error. Inviting from available players list appears to work but my other account never receives that invitation and the fleet cannot be found when searching for it.
    I sent ticket to CS but no response yet. I'd really like this to be resolved before next event starts.

You are rank 2 and can create your own threads.
    That being said this needs to be handle via ticket exclusively and our Support Team will do their best to assist.

We are also making progress in identifying what seems to be causing this specific issue.
  • Options
    I am now, but I became rank 2 right after tagging you in the post above.

Thanks for your reply though, still waiting for it from CS...
  • Options
    [FSC] Adm: Gryphon[FSC] Adm: Gryphon ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ok, so apparently this is not yet fixed,
    the CSR tryed telling me to just disband the fleet and reform,
    with star bases in play and the time it takes to build them that is a no go.
    not to mention the longevity of our fleet.
    one does not just burn the house down because some one forgot to install a door.
    every thing is in data base it should be easy enough to do an email registry comparison to DBID, and force over-write where a second false DBID pops up in the forums.
    i think peeps would rather loose their forums history than their game history if it has to happen.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm