Home The Bridge

Calrification regarding offer wall sale

This announcement was very vague.
Do offers need to be started, finished or both during the sale?

Comments

• Also does it need to be awarded during that time since the awarding can take time and or interaction with offer wall provider.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This announcement was very vague.
    Do offers need to be started, finished or both during the sale?

Started. It says so in the last sentence:

m1yn2mhbjsl3.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Thanks.
  • edited March 2021
    Wow. couldn’t they have done something a little bit better for a ‘St. Patrick’s Day Special’??? I am on an apple device (my iPhone) half the time I even forget the offer wall exists, because I can’t use it, not that I would. (believe me) Just seems to me like they could have come up with something better for a ‘special’ :neutral:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    Wow. couldn’t they have done something a little bit better for a ‘St. Patrick’s Day Special’??? I am on an apple device (my iPhone) half the time I even forget the offer wall exists, because I can’t use it, not that I would. (believe me) Just seems to me like they could have come up with something better for a ‘special’ :neutral:

In this case, the special is being run by the third party, IronSource, and not the company. What will be interesting is to see if WRG offers something comparable to players using other OS’s.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Wow. couldn’t they have done something a little bit better for a ‘St. Patrick’s Day Special’??? I am on an apple device (my iPhone) half the time I even forget the offer wall exists, because I can’t use it, not that I would. (believe me) Just seems to me like they could have come up with something better for a ‘special’ :neutral:

In this case, the special is being run by the third party, IronSource, and not the company. What will be interesting is to see if WRG offers something comparable to players using other OS’s.

Good to know, still, they should offer something for everyone :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • edited March 2021
    Yay.
    The offer wall rewards gere are something like 2-1200 dilitium while in the USA people get tens of thousands for the same completions and have lots of choices.
    Now double that.
    Comment moderated. ~Shan
    If you do a sale give the rewards to all.
  • Top offer wall offer in thailand. Btw theres only 3 pages.

I have accepted it and try ignore it. Its a third party, not de decision of WRG.
    But to make it a special is.

I feel.insulted and discriminated by this.
    Here you have 2 pennies worth of dil while I give this other guy 2000 dollars for the same work.

And I should be happy?
    LLAP?
    Hard to prosper from that lol.

pxdj9r2b5d57.jpg
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the offer wall is way worse than I thought it was. It is actively discriminatory. Wow, TP, how can you be associated with this awfulness?

I'm not affected by this insofar as I don't use the offer wall at all. But the idea that for some F2P players there is an option to sell their soul and for others there aren't just seems inherently wrong.
  • As iOS user I understand the Wall constraint. It’s my platform, and I choose to play knowing the constraint. It’s a standard condition.

However doing a special sale based off the constraint is a totally different conversation in my opinion. Discriminatory sales tactics are not a good look WRG.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only times I really tried to use it it crashed and I never got either reward. I ignore it now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it actually something WRG is doing? I think Ironsource was mentioned to be doing it. Have no idea do not care. Also on iOS
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I'm very skeptical. IronSource has been sketchy with me the last few tries...
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Because I've seen the double offers in other games with offerwalls, I thought it was ironsource driven but timelines has to decide to do it. Found a blog on it. Wish I had saved some offers for this but it's a great thing if some simple ones are available for you.

https://www.is.com/blog/offerwall-special-promotions-tips/

At one point I hit 30,000 from the offers but I did put money into other games for some offers. If I thought the Dil payout made since.
  • I use Android, no offer seen here thats been discussed.
  • CoomerCoomer ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I use Android, no offer seen here thats been discussed.

It might be that the system is smart enough to filter out the offers that are not supported for your device... at least I got an ad for ad scan about some Harry Potter game that I thought to check out in Google Play Store and my phone is so old that it is not supported / available for it :neutral:

Or there might be some regional restrictions that apply.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I still wait for my dilithium form the last 2 scheme's i took form that shady company.
    I will never ever going to waste my time with them again.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me [AUS] wrote: »
    I still wait for my dilithium form the last 2 scheme's i took form that shady company.

I've done 2 or 3 and gotten the rewards immediately.

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

I've done 2 or 3 and gotten the rewards immediately.

I got 2 in the beginning but for those that advertise more dilithium i got nothing. For ex on 1 game the offer was to reach level 18 with your castle and i was at level 22 and still nothing....
    And the worse part is i can't submit a ticket to claim it and yes it was reached in the time needed by the offer.
    I was considering asking consumer protection agency but i have no expectation that it will solve anything so i choose to spend no money and no commercials also.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they have a bunch of olay offers. Don't need it but the 2 I got netted 3x the amount of Dil. So I will have random Xmas gifts this year because of the offer😃
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It crashes just scrolling through it. I am not wasting my time even looking at the thing. I noticed it had offers for some games I was curious about, but I trust it about as much as Mom trusts my cat with her plants.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they have a bunch of olay offers. Don't need it but the 2 I got netted 3x the amount of Dil. So I will have random Xmas gifts this year because of the offer😃

sisko is swimming in cream :D

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    Honestly, after the way the forums turned into a burning dumpster fire when the Offer Wall was introduced, I think it would be in their best interest to not remind us it exists. Even better, they should probably have abolished it when very valid concerns were raised.

I personally have no dog in the fight. I have not, nor will I, ever used the OW, for the obvious reasons. Having said that, I still don't think it should exist.

+1 when it was available to me. And I give +1 to whoever eliminated from iOS. I think it was Apple.
  • Offer wall here is not doubled. Even that announcement is wrong. Only applies to some regions
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my offer wall and it said there were no offers available.
    Let’s fly!
    I play on iOS:

n1xum0sluu39.jpeg
    Others play on Android:

qq1llh1ss3vx.png

If I wanted to, I could give up my privacy to IronSource via my Android tablet. Is 21k dil worth me being the product, though?

Also, and more seriously, have you looked at any imbalances in dilithium accrual rates across operating systems? Ad-warps were bad enough, but this borders on egregious.

I keep expecting better from the WRG studio. Perhaps I am deluded in that respect, but I still have hope. 🖖