Home The Bridge
Options

Masquerade, April's Costumed Mega

Full announce here.

I love the theme, and the characters they list look like a lot of fun. Also, really happy they have the DS9 Barry – I would have been very happy with either, but getting him back for Trials and Tribbilations was the cherry on top of an extremely fun episode.
Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely love the theme, nice to see Chakotay get some love, and absolutely loving the Disco representation from the Su'kal episode. I'm actually surprised we're getting them all in one shot, but I don't hate it.

Is that Neelix a Timelines Original, or am I forgetting something?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we will fill out the Costume Party collection pretty quickly. It's the only one I have past 40 already. Could we get a "costumed" trait audit ahead of next week though? There are several missing it that would give bonus in the TWO faction events.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Among the protagonists you’ll encounter some new faces such as Dexa, Amal Chakotay, Human Saru, Bajoran Culber, Xahean Adira, Trill Burnham, Klingon West, Thelev, as well as Human Neelix. The last event will feature three new crew instead of the usual two.

That's an interesting change.

I guess it's not that surprising that it's mostly DISCO crew for this one. Most of the best costumed options from the other shows are already in the game. (Except for the Time's Arrow TNG crew, I guess, but I suspect/hope they're saving them for a Mark Twain Mega down the road.)
  • Options
    not to be pessimistic, but only one galaxy, which means three of the 4* crew we’ll only get 3/4.....
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does make more of the purples in recaps useful. To take the counterpoint, if I may.
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Only thing I don’t like about it is it seems to be mostly Discovery card variants for some reason. I love the recurring legendary at least.

Actually, only 4 of the 10 listed new crew are from Discovery:

Barry Waddle - DS9

Dexa - VOY
    Amal Chakotay - VOY
    Human Saru - DIS
    Bajoran Culber - DIS
    Xahean Adira - DIS
    Trill Burnham - DIS
    Klingon West - ST VI
    Thelev - TOS
    Human Neelix - VOY

But count me in as another player who loves this theme! :)

Plus, we don't know the existing crew for them all yet either. The Mintakan Troi would count towards NG.

Which crew should have the Costumed trait that don't?
    Off the top of my head:
    Grand Proxy Neelix
    Duchamps
    Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭

lodovkkpugsa.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

lodovkkpugsa.jpg

That's not Neelix. But would be cool to use him for character art.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the lack of TNG representation- would have been good to have Kieran MacDuff, the imposter officer from "Conundrum".
  • Options
    It is Ethan Phillips though. It's basically the same thing. Odd that he didn't appear human in the WW2 program in "Killing Game." Him and Janeway were both Klingon in the Klingon program.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    From the announcement:

“Among the protagonists you’ll encounter some new faces such as Dexa [5*], Amal Chakotay [4*], Human Saru [5*], Bajoran Culber [4*], Xahean Adira [5*], Trill Burnham, Klingon West, Thelev, as well as Human Neelix. The last event will feature three new crew instead of the usual two.”

Known
    5*: Dexa, Saru, Adira
    4*: Chakotay, Culber

Speculation
    5*: West
    4*: Burnham, Thelev

Neelix could be a threshold 2* or a ranked 3* reward, or the company could throw us a curveball & do something completely different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Included [rarity] next to the crews’ names in the quoted text, in order to highlight the pattern upon which I based my speculation.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Really hoping Human Neelix is....

unlkmcyv2mdj.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Considering the plot of the Mega is basically The Search for Neelix, I would be surprised if he wasn't the final legendary.

We have had megas though where that person the story was about is never in the mega just in the storyline. West would be a good choice for the last legendary or another Burnham so I think it will be Thelev. These legendary choices sometimes seem random.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the plot of the Mega is basically The Search for Neelix, I would be surprised if he wasn't the final legendary.

We have had megas though where that person the story was about is never in the mega just in the storyline. West would be a good choice for the last legendary or another Burnham so I think it will be Thelev. These legendary choices sometimes seem random.

Neelix could be something different they do with the extra new card. 400k threshold. A second ranked reward possibly. Maybe even only available for top 500 or top 100 if they want to see how much they can push people to compete. Even if Neelix is a second 5* available for everyone top 1500, the last week of the mega has always felt off because the 5* reward is not part of the mega. So adding a second ranked 5* that is in the mega may be a way to make it feel like more of the mega.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    From the announcement:

“Among the protagonists you’ll encounter some new faces such as Dexa [5*], Amal Chakotay [4*], Human Saru [5*], Bajoran Culber [4*], Xahean Adira [5*], Trill Burnham [4*], Klingon West [5*], Thelev, as well as Human Neelix. The last event will feature three new crew instead of the usual two.”

Known
    5*: Dexa, Saru, Adira, West
    4*: Chakotay, Culber, Burnham

Speculation

Neelix could be a threshold 2* or a ranked 3* reward, or the company could throw us a curveball & do something completely different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Included [rarity] next to the crews’ names in the quoted text, in order to highlight the pattern upon which I based my speculation.

b0jg0w9z65jd.png
    dbf5ak11epd7.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Great stats plus Klingon and costumed, that is getting cited.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far in recap packs*, there are FOUR top 25 voyagers, with Adira being #64 with a total over 4050 (with my bonuses). Waddle and Dexa have uncommon skill combos. Saru and Adira have good event potential (as main cast of show currently in production) and high primary base scores. Klingon West has a good voyage total and traits that will pop up in voyages over 75% of the time.

*I don't know what will happen in the last event. The announcement said that there will be three new crew instead of the normal two. This may or may not mean that we get another legendary in this mega event.

If you're a fan of voyages and you're just getting into the game, this is the best mega event I've ever seen in terms of top voyage crew. I hope luck is with you in adding some of these new legendary crew to your rosters.

I'm getting scared by that extra crew now. If the crew is a 4 or 5* they'll dilute the odds of other crew.
  • Options
    So far in recap packs*, there are FOUR top 25 voyagers, with Adira being #64 with a total over 4050 (with my bonuses). Waddle and Dexa have uncommon skill combos. Saru and Adira have good event potential (as main cast of show currently in production) and high primary base scores. Klingon West has a good voyage total and traits that will pop up in voyages over 75% of the time.

*I don't know what will happen in the last event. The announcement said that there will be three new crew instead of the normal two. This may or may not mean that we get another legendary in this mega event.

If you're a fan of voyages and you're just getting into the game, this is the best mega event I've ever seen in terms of top voyage crew. I hope luck is with you in adding some of these new legendary crew to your rosters.

And don’t forget how many crew in the mega that help with necessary collections: Barry Waddle and West for Klingon, Saru and Culber for exobiology, and multiple people costumed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I'm getting scared by that extra crew now. If the crew is a 4 or 5* they'll dilute the odds of other crew.

If it's another awesome legendary, then I can't get mad. 6 out of 6 awesome legendaries is about the same as 5 out of 5 awesome legendaries in my book. But... if they do add a stinker, that will be a bummer in an otherwise flawless pool of legendaries. If it's SR, then that's just one more popsicle in my freezer. If the SR ends up being useful later, then that's a bonus.

And don’t forget how many crew in the mega that help with necessary collections: Barry Waddle and West for Klingon, Saru and Culber for exobiology, and multiple people costumed.

That's definitely a good point. That's the one extra thing that could make this even better than the legendary pool from the TOS mega event. TOS was all main cast though, so I prefer that pool, but only by a little at this point.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Culber is another Physician and that collection is due for milestone extensions. 40 and 60 for certain and 80, if they wait much longer.
    It's at 78 currently, though they need to add the Physician trait to Adm. Cornwell. She's the only flag officer I can think of that came up through the medical track, but the training didn't disappear with the extra pips! A psychiatrist is an MD.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the announcement:

“Among the protagonists you’ll encounter some new faces such as Dexa [5*], Amal Chakotay [4*], Human Saru [5*], Bajoran Culber [4*], Xahean Adira [5*], Trill Burnham [4*], Klingon West [5*], Thelev, as well as Human Neelix. The last event will feature three new crew instead of the usual two.”

Known
    5*: Dexa, Saru, Adira, West
    4*: Chakotay, Culber, Burnham

Speculation

b0jg0w9z65jd.png
    dbf5ak11epd7.png

Glad to see I am not the only one who cannot see West. I'm trying to remember. Was the "Klingon" Sniper only revealed to be West in the extended cut? I seem to recall some of his "establishing" scenes were only in the extended cut.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?