Home The Bridge
Options

Masquerade, April's Costumed Mega

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Glad to see I am not the only one who cannot see West. I'm trying to remember. Was the "Klingon" Sniper only revealed to be West in the extended cut? I seem to recall some of his "establishing" scenes were only in the extended cut.

Correct. He is only revealed as West in disguise in the extended edition when his corpse is examined. In the theatrical release all you get is clips of an unnamed Klingon assembling his sniper rifle (injected as cut scenes during Chang’s attack on the Enterprise) and then another brief glimpse as Scotty shoots him. Not one line of dialogue. Perhaps two minutes screen time, tops. A strange choice for a legendary, particularly for one with stats that put Chang to shame. I can’t complain about the usefulness of him as a new crew. But it does irk me as a fan of Classic Trek to see an epic villain given poop stats while a literal nobody from the same film becomes the next top pick for voyages. Chang doesn’t even have saboteur as a trait. I mean, really.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember what was in the theatrical release vs the extended cut, but here is the scene from youtube. Something else that never made sense, whst was Kirk/McCoy's lawyer doing at the peace conference other than being another scene for Michael Dorm to be in?

https://youtu.be/4UFoF_IH1u8