Home The Bridge
Options

Please be careful when ranking up your fusion crew

Heed my warning so you don't repeat my error: Don't fully equip crew that you want to fuse before you fuse them. I finally got a copy of Fal-tor-pan Spock on Friday, so I got some 4* citations and added them to the Anxious Kirk I'd pulled in the week. I already took Kirk to level 100 and fully equipped him so I wouldn't have to equip Reunion Spock and Kirk. (I thought a 4* crew would be easier to rank than a 5* crew.) When I added the third 4* citation to him, however, it immortalized my only copy of Anxious Kirk, who is no longer in the store. You can imagine my horror.

In the earliest versions of this game, merge crew were a fun little Easter egg with a handful of 3* and 4* crew. They didn't explain how to get The Duras Sisters or Tuvix in-game back then. You had to figure it out yourself or read about it online. As a result, there aren't any alerts or confirmation screens to remind you, "Hey, you might not want to do this, it would stop you from fusing this crew with another one later." And if you're forgetful like me, you might not remember this because they haven't released a new fusion crew in roughly two years.

And no, you can't get a mulligan from customer support if this happens to you. I tried; they refused to undo the immortalization or help me in any way. So after spending more than $100 to obtain Reunion Spock and Kirk from the packs, plus some money on the honor sale packs for some 5* citations for him, I'm stuck with a useless 1/5 Fal-tor-pan Spock, an even more useless immortalized Anxious Kirk, enough regret to fill some transparent aluminum whale tanks, and a strong desire to take a break from this game for a while.

My point is this: The next time you try to fuse two of your crew—the Bynars, the weird Voyager amphibian thing, Bromance Spock and Kirk, Cheesecake Seven, or maybe some shiny new one in a few years—please, please, please don't fully equip one of the pre-fusion crew in advance if it also needs to be fully fused to merge. Remember this post. Learn from my sorrow. Save your energy. Save yourselves. Avoid my mistake at all costs.

Comments

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    They won’t help you with that? That really **tsk tsk**. That is a high-stakes mistake, and like you said, the fusion process isn’t fully explained. Seeing as the whole selling point of both of those crew was the fusion, I would think somebody in customer service would help you out. You can’t use crew retrieval or anything.
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    That really **tsk tsk**, that is a huge investment to lose due to something so seemingly mundane.

I have done the same thing before with a 1/4 copy of Indignant Seven. I knew beforehand not to take her to level 100 after equipping the last item, but my leveling habits took over and I still did it. Now, to avoid errors and accidents, I leave most of my fusion-material cards at level 1, and the ones I prepare go to level 98 (not 99) with one equipment slot unfinished until actually doing the fusion.
  • Options
    Trollita wrote: »
    They won’t help you with that? That really **tsk tsk**. That is a high-stakes mistake, and like you said, the fusion process isn’t fully explained. Seeing as the whole selling point of both of those crew was the fusion, I would think somebody in customer service would help you out. You can’t use crew retrieval or anything.

They initially said that they "no longer have the ability to modify a crew once it has been immortalized as it would cause issues with your Immortalized crew count achievement." That achievement stops giving out rewards once you hit 600 immortalized crew. I currently have 712 unique crew immortalized (excluding the Anxious Kirk at issue), so the achievement doesn't actually affect me anymore. They didn't address that point when I raised it in a follow-up email.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not for these forums, I would have done the same thing years ago when Tuvix and the Duras Sisters first came out.

You can fully equip the one fully-fused merge crew that is easiest to level, as long as you leave them at level 99!
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Last time customer support helped me, to un-FF/FE a crew to fuse. Maybe you should ask again.
  • Options
    The QuigglerThe Quiggler ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Great post!

I did the same thing with Cheesecake Seven; accidentally immortalized Indignant Seven and had to wait for four more copies.

For our newest players the basic rule is ... one of your two fusion crews must be fully fused BUT not immortalized. There are a few different ways this can happen ... not fully leveled, not fully equipped, or both. The other crew can be anything as long as it's not immortalized.

Whatever your highest card is where the fusion will occur. LvL 99 ... the fusion will be 99. If your highest card is LvL 73 ... that's where the fusion will be. (Leave everything at LvL 1, you have a LvL 1 fusion card.) If it's missing equipment, it will miss equipment at the fusion. So I take 1 of them all the way with only 1 copy. The other I leave as low level as possible and just work on the additional copies.

So in my case, I took Fal-tor-pan Spock to lvl 100 and fully equipped [1/5]. (**GASP**, I know, danger zone.) I left Kirk at lvl 1. When I got 4 copies I fused them and ended up with a lvl 100 Spock & Kirk.
    (Fal-tor-pan Spock [1/5] LvL-100/FE + Anxious Kirk [4/4] LvL-1/No Equip = Spork [1/5] LvL100/FE.)

I'm saying the same thing as others above but, hopefully, one more way of explaining it may help someone.

Simple Rule of Thumb: (One of the two must be fully fused AND NONE can be immortalized.)
    A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »

They initially said that they "no longer have the ability to modify a crew once it has been immortalized as it would cause issues with your Immortalized crew count achievement." That achievement stops giving out rewards once you hit 600 immortalized crew. I currently have 712 unique crew immortalized (excluding the Anxious Kirk at issue), so the achievement doesn't actually affect me anymore. They didn't address that point when I raised it in a follow-up email.

Crew-achievement count seems a trivial issue. There’s a blue Sisko reward that you ONLY get when you change your name. Just about everybody airlocks that guy due to limited crew space, and from what I’ve read here, customer support regularly restores him for players months later after they realize their error and write in to ask.

I know customer support has to guard against some players who fib to try to pull a fast one, but where is the scam if you’re simply asking for a 4* crew to be de-immortalized, especially when you’ve already maxxed out the crew count for that achievement? I’m in agreement with @robownage (TP - Test your Product) and @Uluru here; I’d keep trying if I were you. This is an expensive error with no crew retrieval fix option.

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shared a link to my fusion guide in the Reunion Spock and Kirk thread.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1InUyZaBEsRQmRN8RY3Bf_LnOf9Byy9r4iYAUdh1VLpM/edit?usp=drivesdk

I try to keep it up to date. Can't make any promises if the next fusion crew is 2 years away, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I crazy or at some point in the past you could fuse immortals? I seem to remember being the case when I made Tuvix, and Lursa & B'Tor (and that is the reason I had 1 more immortal in the achievement than in the vault)
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shared a link to my fusion guide in the Reunion Spock and Kirk thread.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1InUyZaBEsRQmRN8RY3Bf_LnOf9Byy9r4iYAUdh1VLpM/edit?usp=drivesdk

I try to keep it up to date. Can't make any promises if the next fusion crew is 2 years away, though.

Could be George and Gracie this week. Hopefully both cetaceans will be 4*.
  • Options
    Just put a ticket in, see if they can help. I had a similar situation in the past and they were very helpful.
    They might put kirk back to lvl 90 or something
  • Options
    Support can fix this they did so for me with indigent Seven twice.
  • Options
    That really stinks, sorry that happened to you.

But yea like The Quiggler said just stop leveling them at 99 and you can equip all of their items. I hope you get it resolved though.
  • Options
    I would ask to escalate the ticket. I do not believe they don't have the ability to fix it.

I followed your suggestion last night and I’m hopeful I’ll hear back soon. It’s heartening to hear that other folks have had this happen to them and had it fixed. Maybe this was just a misunderstanding that’ll soon be remedied.

In either event, I hope WRG considers adding an extra prompt or confirmation screen before immortalizing fusion crew. It sounds like that would save more than a few players (and their CS team) some trouble—especially if the devs are adding more fusion crew to the game soon.
  • Options
    It is a difficult item. I took 2 shots at Anxious Kirk and got 2 copies. At that time I choked, and thought I made a mistake. Thought it was not smart to take them both in. Going to the crew I saw that you didn't have to fuse the 2 Anxious Kirk's. So I added 3 stars to one and 2 to the other. Luckely I was also able to get 2 Fal-tor-pan Spock's. So I am one of the lucky ones having a FT/FE Anxious Kirk, and Fal-tor-pan Spock in the end at 2*, and in the end fusing the 3* Anxious Kirk with another copy of Fal-tor-pan. As said I doubted my decision as well but got lucky in the end. But I wasn't sure until the last minute I had this realised.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only it had ever been mentioned to not take a FF Crew to100 before Fusing......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    If only it had ever been mentioned to not take a FF Crew to100 before Fusing......

He had made the mistake of fully leveling and equipping crew first. Then later he used citations to get them fully fused at which point they became immortalized.
    If he had noticed before making them fully fused, Customer Support would have been able to help without any effort. Now he needs to see if escalating the ticket could bring someone in who can help unimmortalize the crew.
  • Options
    Since a few folks mentioned that WRG had done it before, I wanted to confirm after my appeal that they no longer reverse crew immortalizations.

It’s against the forum rules for me to post conversations with customer service reps on here. (I briefly saw someone else share one here yesterday about this same issue before it was deleted.) But I don’t think they’ll mind if I share generally that they told me they’re looking into the achievement counter thing for immortalizations. Hopefully we’ll see a fix on the technical side in the future.

Until then, whenever they introduce a new fusion crew, rest assured that I’ll be in the threads on here urging folks to be very, very, very careful when citing/equipping crew that they later want to fuse.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    That’s actually pretty depressing. The people dumping cash for that prominently featured fuse have nothing to gain from one tiny notch on their immortalization bedpost. Not a good call, IMO.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people in the past have run into that, not knowing FF/FE would kill the chance to fuse.

I had the opposite problem this time. I landed 2 Kirks, and with a knee-jerk reaction I accidentally fused them, then added 2 cites, rather than add 3 cites to fuse with 1 of my 3 Spocks from the event, and have a leftover Kirk. Now I have to wait 18+ months to see that Kirk in the portal and even then it will probably be 2 years before I can get him again, unless he drops in Elusive Treasures.

Not the worst thing, but definitely makes you feel a little dumb.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I think this is the sole reason why the very last item to equip is unlocked at level 99 instead of at level 100.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    support undid a Janeway for me but said: only because you already have her immortalized