Home The Bridge

Dexa and Recap packs

I'm wanting to FF Dexa, does anyone know if she will be made available via recap packs once the Mega is over? Or do the golds in the recap packs start with these weeks golds? Human Saru/Barry Waddle. With my luck I will FF her and then have her drop when I get the 3900 dilithium pack.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to answer my question. LLAP

Comments

• Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Since she's event crew in the first week of the mega, I think she should be in the recap packs. I think those packs have all mega crew.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    She should be. Recap Packs include all Mega Legendaries and SuperRares, including the Recurring.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    She won't be diluted with a bunch of other cards, some of which are existing purples anyway that you may already have FF
    Some will be for sure FF (if you participate enough in the event). Galaxy (and Hybrid) event grant 3 copies of the SR in the threshold, and 1 from community rewards
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry Waddle, Human Saru, and Dexa are all top 25 voyagers. Waddle and Dexa have good skill combos. I'll be pulling recap packs. Even if the other legendaries stink, this is still the best pool for recaps since our TOS mega event in 2019.

Agreed.
    Let’s fly!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry Waddle, Human Saru, and Dexa are all top 25 voyagers. Waddle and Dexa have good skill combos. I'll be pulling recap packs. Even if the other legendaries stink, this is still the best pool for recaps since our TOS mega event in 2019.

Also, the “extra” (non-community) 4* does improve the odds (+11.25%) of getting someone useful from these particular upcoming mega recap packs. I am still on the fence, though, and I won’t come down off of it until I see the ranked 5* for Week 3. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, the “extra” (non-community) 4* does improve the odds (+11.25%) of getting someone useful from these particular upcoming mega recap packs. I am still on the fence, though, and I won’t come down off of it until I see the ranked 5* for Week 3. YMMV

8xl3mtpno7lz.jpeg

That deep dive is worth all the interwebz!!!!!

Watched every day growing up. I even have the movie on DVD!!!!!

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Maybe we can get "Dexa and her Midnight Runners"?

hllje9tjws8k.jpg

You guys are hitting all my childhood memberberries!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpnAGajyMc&list=RDGbpnAGajyMc&start_radio=1
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Maybe we can get "Dexa and her Midnight Runners"?

hllje9tjws8k.jpg

qp2j7f1vrddx.gif

fll9qz4n6ryo.gif

k9ttw0lintu8.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you come down off that fence yet, @~peregrine~ ? On which side did you land?
    (I'm still happy on the side I chose originally. :) )
    Farewell 🖖

Have you come down off that fence yet, @~peregrine~ ? On which side did you land?

Yep this is definitely gonna be a great mega wrap up pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • JC022JC022 ✭✭
    you're far better off pulling for Dexa in her event specific packs because
    1. She won't be diluted with a bunch of other cards, some of which are existing purples anyway that you may already have FF
    2. You need 1 copy of chuckles to FF him, so you might as well try a pack or two.

Just in case this would be confusing to a newer player, it's fair to say you're better to pull *just* for Dexa in her weekly pack. The OP was asking about adding stars and that's where the math gets different if you also want stars on other crew from this mega. I have her at 2/5 from her event and am waiting to see if more copies happen upon me in recap packs before I cite her. If I didn't have her but wanted to badly enough I would pull the weekly packs for a first star at least. Sorry if this may be an obvious comment but I thought it could be confusing for newer folks.
    edited March 2021
    JC022 wrote: »
    1. She won't be diluted with a bunch of other cards, some of which are existing purples anyway that you may already have FF
    2. You need 1 copy of chuckles to FF him, so you might as well try a pack or two.

Just in case this would be confusing to a newer player, it's fair to say you're better to pull *just* for Dexa in her weekly pack. The OP was asking about adding stars and that's where the math gets different if you also want stars on other crew from this mega. I have her at 2/5 from her event and am waiting to see if more copies happen upon me in recap packs before I cite her. If I didn't have her but wanted to badly enough I would pull the weekly packs for a first star at least. Sorry if this may be an obvious comment but I thought it could be confusing for newer folks.

I have her at 2/5 and stuck in the same boat. I was thinking add one cite that way if I pull her once in wrap up pack I can still safely keep pulling. For me I think I like all the legendaries and they are all good enough to get 5/5 so event wrap up works better for me. Chakotay isn’t costumed so I do not care if he stays at 3/4.
    Let’s fly!
  • JC022JC022 ✭✭
    JC022 wrote: »

I have her at 2/5 and stuck in the same boat. I was thinking add one cite that way if I pull her once in wrap up pack I can still safely keep pulling. For me I think I like all the legendaries and they are all good enough to get 5/5 so event wrap up works better for me. Chakotay isn’t costumed so I do not care if he stays at 3/4.

I thought that too! I recently went for a top 20 rank in a faction event so don't have the resources to try for Humaru. Planning on bullying my way into him... considering citing my Dexa to 3/5 to at least have a better share though. My thought process is the same, if I get her I can keep pulling.
  • you're far better off pulling for Dexa in her event specific packs because

I have 20 cites left, after citing a few 2 skillers and a dupe gunshow picard, from that honor sale. My main concern was citing her up to 5 and then having her appear in the recap pack and dropping for me forcing me to decide between duping her or airlocking her. Seeing as she's a top 10 voyager it might not be a bad idea to dupe her if presented with that chance, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

I'm with you on this one, I'll be pulling the 3900 pack plus a few others, hoping to FF Waddle and add stars to the Saru and Adira and maybe the SR's as well so I can freeze them.

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    390 dil a pack is ok for honor too. I will go with that as usual and cite my 2/5 Dexa up afterwards.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    390 dil a pack is ok for honor too. I will go with that as usual and cite my 2/5 Dexa up afterwards.

That's my plan too, though citations will go to Human Saru, and not Dexa. I'm a sucker for main cast.
    Farewell 🖖
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I bought the 9.99 pack to get my final Chakotay and pulled a Dexa in one of the packs that came with it. best 9.99 I've spent in a while.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Yeah, I finally made a decision ...

hzvijpoidf49.jpeg
    I will pull recaps for the 4th stars on the 3 purples. Any gold stars will be a welcome bonus.

Lately, though, I have been considering using dilithium exclusively for crew slots during sales. With so many non-FF 5*s crowding my crew quarters now, and being loath to dismiss any of them, I am finding it harder to play the game the way I like to.

As always, YMMV.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I bought the 9.99 pack to get my final Chakotay and pulled a Dexa in one of the packs that came with it. best 9.99 I've spent in a while.

You never buy premium campaign? Way better payout for 10 bucks. 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•

hzvijpoidf49.jpeg
    I will pull recaps for the 4th stars on the 3 purples. Any gold stars will be a welcome bonus.

Lately, though, I have been considering using dilithium exclusively for crew slots during sales. With so many non-FF 5*s crowding my crew quarters now, and being loath to dismiss any of them, I am finding it harder to play the game the way I like to.

As always, YMMV.

Good thing I like playing kind of like that. I like lots of slots and keeping everyone. I told myself that I could airlock Vargas if I didn't get him in this honor sale. I didn't, but Vargas remains, lol. I haven't bought recaps in a while because quality has been poor. Looking forward to using dilithium on something other than slots.
    Farewell 🖖

hzvijpoidf49.jpeg

As always, YMMV.

I hear you. With all these collections you can’t just airlock worthless crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

You never buy premium campaign? Way better payout for 10 bucks. 😉

Ok I'll give you that. I do that all the time. Best non monthly spend then. :-)
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two packs (one after event). Got a Troi and a Dexa. Normally I don't buy event packs but if I already have the 5* and need one of the 4*'s, I'll buy it. Dexa is the first crew in a long time that I went after that isn't main or recurring cast and has no collection value. It was mostly for her stat distribution but I liked her episode as well.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals

hzvijpoidf49.jpeg

As always, YMMV.

So, I pulled 11 of the 390’s & got the 3 stars I needed for the purples (SR). I did not get additional stars for any of the golds, but that’s about in line with my expectations of a 10% chance.

11 x 390 = 4290 dil. I froze all three SR’s, so that works out to 1430 dil/slot. In the future, I will pass on recaps in favor of slot sales, as 1500 dil for 5 slots is a better investment for me & I am (or can learn to be) patient.

Thank you to @Prime Lorca [10FH] and @DavideBooks for helping me to clarify my thinking about the best strategy for resources management given my crew roster going forward. I appreciate your insights. 🖖

hzvijpoidf49.jpeg

As always, YMMV.

So, I pulled 11 of the 390’s & got the 3 stars I needed for the purples (SR). I did not get additional stars for any of the golds, but that’s about in line with my expectations of a 10% chance.

11 x 390 = 4290 dil. I froze all three SR’s, so that works out to 1430 dil/slot. In the future, I will pass on recaps in favor of slot sales, as 1500 dil for 5 slots is a better investment for me & I am (or can learn to be) patient.

Thank you to @Prime Lorca [10FH] and @DavideBooks for helping me to clarify my thinking about the best strategy for resources management given my crew roster going forward. I appreciate your insights. 🖖

I was super excited for this and saved dilithium for 40 pulls. I do not recommend recaps unless you can do 20+ pulls. I posted my results in the Timelines Talks thread. I had a pretty good haul and immortalized Human Saru. Ya win some and ya lose some. I won this round. :)
    Farewell 🖖