Home The Bridge
Options

DataCore Voyage Hall of Fame

Ever wondered which crew spend the most time in deep space?

DataCore now collects stats on which crew make the cut in voyages planned with our voyage calculator.

From this we can now start to show off this data in cool ways, such as... the Voyage Hall of Fame.

One neat aspect of the Hall of Fame is that it ends up factoring both voyage power AND crew commonality (how many players have a given crew) into the final count.

We're hopeful that more neat statistics and insights can be drawn out over time, and that this is a taster of what is to come.

Comments

• Options
    [G5618] Taibak[G5618] Taibak ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Thank you very much. B)
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very cool. Any chance that if one share his profile something like that could be arranged for our own crew and voyages? (Yeah, I'm lazy)
  • Options
    It's certainly interesting data and I applaud the work the DataCore folks have done for the community. However, I would caution people to not use this hall of fame as a guide on who to build up for voyages because one of the factors is what crew DataCore users have. As an example, Sinister Picard who is currently the 7th best ranked voyager in terms of raw power isn't showing up in any of the hall of fame lists, but he's extremely good and he'll have a seat on many voyages if you have him like I do.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Funny. None of the top5 i use regulary.
    Does it calculate usage of duplicates or just uniwue crew on a voyage
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Wow ... some things in there i would not have expected ...
    Lothario Q for example, i cannot even recall when the last time was he did a voyage for me ..
    But most of the others, yes .. those get picked very very often for voyages....

It will be interesting how these stats will change over the course of time...
    I do think it will be yet another valuable source of information when contemplating citations and begolds.

On a sidenote ... #1 & #3 have a diff color, what is the purpose behind this ?
    Possible feature addition .. make the crew clickable ?
    And will these stats be added to the main crew-stats ?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lothario Q is on voyage for me right now with Q as God. It's A Med/Eng, so I'm not expecting much.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing. It seems a lot of the top ones are mega crew. Perhsps for shallow rosters, they are more likely to be the strongest crew since you get 4/5 for participating in the mega. In other words, most used does not necessarily mean best for the job. It might just mean best available for the job.
  • Options
    This is great. Thank you. Tracking this long term should be interesting. No surprise the top 10 are cards many players have and in many cases are probably at either 3/5 or 4/5 if they aren’t immortalized. If it were possible to go back to the beginning of the datacore site to track voyages I wonder if the top ten would have a couple of other cards instead.

Just tagging on to Marks the Spot’s remarks above - Missing (and I guess unobtainable?) is the instances of cards in player data - we know Spork is the #1 voyager but it’s not going to show up because it’s not as prevalent as Soji Asha. What would be interesting to note is how long a card like that takes to make this list vs the next mega card.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be mostly the crew which are mega event recurring which makes sense.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly interesting data and I applaud the work the DataCore folks have done for the community. However, I would caution people to not use this hall of fame as a guide on who to build up for voyages because one of the factors is what crew DataCore users have.
    Yeah, it's very up front about what this data represents, but if someone isn't paying attention they could easily misunderstand.

It's really cool seeing who makes it on these lists who isn't a mega/campaign legendary, or was otherwise given away. Although this is really a demonstration of player behavior rather than card strength.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Similar effect will also be for exclusive crew not in the portal (yet) .
    Not withstanding these cards can do wonderfull things on rosters and voyages ... general availability of them (and cite level) will hurt these rankings..
    Banjoman, Armus, Angel, Guinan & Locutus have a fair ranking related to their relative scarcity and difficulty in aquisition.
    Kahles and Beverly for example are not even in the list .. ( commando crusher is ... ) because so very few have them over 1* they will not be listed in the voyage calc and skew results..
    Otherwise mega cards are not surprising me, as most peopple will usualy end an event with 4 of them, which makes them a real easy cite, with a very very high availability rating.

As stated .. will be interesting to see these after a few months ...
    Will this turn into a popularity contest or not ... who knows ... cant be predicted yet ..
    I think it will start to show general availability of cards ... probably with shifts for the 2 months following a portal update.. and a general tendency for high rated cards in the books ..

And yet... interesting list so far ..
    #50 - Dignitary Sarek as highest 4*
    #66 - 1 skill Bones McCoy
    #79 - 3* Command Crusher
  • Options
    I suspect Bones McCoy is at #66 because some people just put their highest crew in each slot, run it for two hours for the daily, and then recall it.
  • Options
    IneffybleIneffyble ✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    This is very cool. Any chance that if one share his profile something like that could be arranged for our own crew and voyages? (Yeah, I'm lazy)

Possibly but it would be less accurate, because people often run the calculator multiple times with different settings, or make their own tweaks afterwards. Doesn't matter much with big stats but would throw off a personal record.
    However, I would caution people to not use this hall of fame as a guide on who to build up for voyages because one of the factors is what crew DataCore users have.

Yep, absolutely the case. More common crew show up more commonly in the hall. Voyage Rank and Voyage Pairs/Triplets are a much better way of working out who is powerful.
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Does it calculate usage of duplicates or just uniwue crew on a voyage

If someone has a dupe of a crew which means they're in two different slots on the same voyage, that will count as twice.
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    On a sidenote ... #1 & #3 have a diff color, what is the purpose behind this ?

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place are coloured Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
    Possible feature addition .. make the crew clickable ?

Yep, that's coming.
    And will these stats be added to the main crew-stats ?

Interesting thought. No current plans.
    Just tagging on to Marks the Spot’s remarks above - Missing (and I guess unobtainable?) is the instances of cards in player data

Not unobtainable, there's potential here to look at which crew *didn't* make the cut and collect stats on those as well. For example, we will be able to say something like "60% of voyages that could have had Spork did have him"
  • Options
    I wonder what it would look like if mega event recurring legendaries were taken out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It seems a lot of the top ones are mega crew. Perhaps for shallow rosters, they are more likely to be the strongest crew since you get 4/5 for participating in the mega.

This is me! And probably another reason why they're so prevalent in this data set, if people with shallower rosters like myself haven't yet got the hang of picking our own voyage crew, we're relying more on the Datacore calculator to tell us how to seat them and this will bump up the numbers for crew that seasoned veterans probably wouldn't look twice at because they might be doing their own numbers differently.

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    It seems a lot of the top ones are mega crew. Perhaps for shallow rosters, they are more likely to be the strongest crew since you get 4/5 for participating in the mega.

This is me! And probably another reason why they're so prevalent in this data set, if people with shallower rosters like myself haven't yet got the hang of picking our own voyage crew, we're relying more on the Datacore calculator to tell us how to seat them and this will bump up the numbers for crew that seasoned veterans probably wouldn't look twice at because they might be doing their own numbers differently.

Most of those voyage crew from recent megas are great and I use them on my roster.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting to start filtering out the mega crew and other multi-star giveaways and see what crew are left;

Luau Paris and Adira Tal both had a couple copies given away. That helps, but it does show a lot of players probably cited them.

Medic Jett Reno, one copy given away so everyone playing then has her. But she was clearly cited a lot to show up here.

Captain Braxton, the first non-giveaway to show up. No surprise given how long he's been in the game and #1 voyager.

Determined Paris, a recent campaign. A solid card, but I'm surprised to see him so high on the list.

Warship EMA. No obvious reason why people have him. Another example of a strong crew(this time with uncommon skill pairs) that has been in the game a while for people to acquire and cite.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Some more interesting observations ..
    High investment crew in the list "Indulgent Seven" and "Evolved Janeway", "Sprock" ...
    And the presence of "Nanoprobe Phlox" Honor only crew ...

As an aside .. it might be interesting to have a toggle to have the HoF with and without all the mega/campaign crew, see what shows up then...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Determined Paris, a recent campaign. A solid card, but I'm surprised to see him so high on the list.

I am not surprised at all, he is tied for the most trait-seat matches in the game (27) so he almost always gets you the AM bonus, has pretty solid stats, people could pay $10 to get him to 4/5, and being Sec, Dip is a valuable skill combo.
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Could you please make a private site too? I have so many crew I'm afraid to freeze, because I might need them for voyages or shuttles.
  • Options
    IneffybleIneffyble ✭✭✭
    Uluru wrote: »
    Could you please make a private site too? I have so many crew I'm afraid to freeze, because I might need them for voyages or shuttles.

If you want to work out which crew you should freeze, I'd suggest looking by tier & voyage rank, or comparing them using Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I am not surprised at all, he is tied for the most trait-seat matches in the game (27) so he almost always gets you the AM bonus, has pretty solid stats, people could pay $10 to get him to 4/5, and being Sec, Dip is a valuable skill combo.

And he was a diplomat.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I'm not surprised he is used by people who have him. He's a strong crew. I'm surprised his campaign was bought by enough people for him to show up on a list dominated by mega crew and other crew given away.