Home The Bridge
Options

First Contact Day 'Scanning Boost'

Did I read the announcement correctly? I was under the impression that we would be MORE likely to find Constellations?

I have now gotten to 70% twice since Tuesday - this is far higher than I ever usually get.

It doesn't bother me - I have Polestars coming out of the Jeffries Tubes and as already stated elsewhere - Quantum is the real limitation of this feature. Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Some fleetmates and I have also experienced a sharp decline in constellation acquisition since the 4% increase per scan started, and we have been reaching very high percentages without a drop. RNG is unlikely to account for such a sudden and widely noticeable effect.

Is it possible that the actual % chance of the roll does not match what is displayed with the "boost"? Something is definitely off.

=j=Jurist
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed no change at all. If there’s been a boost, the RNG gods are not smiling upon me.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in on the phone I don't normally play on and had 0 ISM, but it reappeared, all 55k+, when I logged back in on the Kindle. It's been very glitchy the last few days.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    With the scanning bonus the % chance of getting a constellation increases more quickly and as such that improves your chances to get a constellation.

Nothing else has changed to how scanning functions.

Got it - thanks for explaining.

It just looked odd, seeing those high percentages.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same. I guess I was super lucky before getting constellations at around 20% and now I must go over 40%...
  • Options
    SashaSunflowerSashaSunflower ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I’ve been getting constellations at about 20 like usual, but the thing is that you now need less scans to get to high percentages. 20% is still 80% chance of failure, and since the percentages rise quicker. So there are fewer ‘tries’ so the chance of getting a constellation before reaching a certain percentage is lower but the amount of scans needed per constellation should be lower as well
  • Options
    I'm going to throw my anecdotal evidence in the mix as well. Definitely getting to higher percentages than most days. Feels like the displayed percentage doesn't match the actual percentage, but that's just a based on flimsy observation and a history of exactly this kind of error happening elsewhere in the game, that's all.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I just got a second constellation for the day on a 6-8% chance (my 8th Federation, unfortunately), so they are dropping. Gotta find that four-leaf clover and rub the rabbit's foot, I guess.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    I just got a second constellation for the day on a 6-8% chance (my 8th Federation, unfortunately), so they are dropping. Got find that four-leaf clover and rub the rabbit's foot, I guess.
    Fair enough, but I think I'll need that anomaly that made everyone win at Dabo in DS9
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing quicker drops. I really never pay any attention to the %chance. On all three of my accounts I am getting constellations with less scans.
  • Options
    It’s definitely taking longer to get a constellation now, ;(. I was hoping to be raking in good quality legendary pole stars etc....
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedalus5 wrote: »
    It’s definitely taking longer to get a constellation now, ;(. I was hoping to be raking in good quality legendary pole stars etc....

Not my experience.
  • Options
    I thought I had been getting far more constellations recently, I forgot there was a boost to scanning! Definitely working for me, I suppose now is a good time to spend ism on further scans.