Home The Bridge
Options

Event Hub Behavior Getting REALLY Old - (title edited by ~Shan)

JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in The Bridge
I am getting so sick of whatever bug or rubbish programming is involved in this event hub that is causing event popups whilst you are trying to actually play the game just like when there are more than 2 sale offers that keep popping up at random.

Either sort it out or remove it you have had more than enough time.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Jellybaby wrote: »
    I am getting so sick of whatever bug or rubbish programming is involved in this event hub that is causing event popups whilst you are trying to actually play the game just like when there are more than 2 sale offers that keep popping up at random.

The bug I believe was it popping up more than one time, not positive but I think that was it. I believe they meant for it to only pop up once, then it would not, even on restart.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be in either Engineering Room or Make It So!
  • Options
    JellybabyJellybaby ✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Jellybaby wrote: »

The bug I believe was it popping up more than one time, not positive but I think that was it. I believe they meant for it to only pop up once, then it would not, even on restart.

Its more it popping up the following weeks event as well as current which is pointless and it showing up every single day.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the offers popping up in strings, especially when you are hurrying to recall a voyage or shuttles. When it is crashing frequently, I sometimes don't even get to do anything but close crap before it crashes again. Missed dailies the other day because of it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is truly annoying. Shan said/wrote once that they were working on or aware of the issue, but I will be shocked when they finally address it in two years.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    For me it likes to pop up when I claim a shuttle so it has both screens on top of each other

That's always fun. It usually crashes not long after this for me, then again, I can say that about lots of things!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    For me it likes to pop up when I claim a shuttle so it has both screens on top of each other

The shuttle claiming screen is infamous for multiple popups.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there is a bug that won't let you equip or craft equipment, unless you restart, that I think it's liked to those pop ups when there are "pending" or interrupting something.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Not popping up at all I would certainly prefer. If I want its info I can click the hub and click on it.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I find this to be a minor annoyance at worst. I tap the X and I'm back to normal. I like getting the event info earlier than we used to. I don't like the extra taps, but I'm getting used to it. I understand that this may bug other players more than it does me, though.

+1 🙂
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the op. But then, this is still DB/TP/WRG doing what they do
  • Options
    Personally, I find this to be a minor annoyance at worst. I tap the X and I'm back to normal. I like getting the event info earlier than we used to. I don't like the extra taps, but I'm getting used to it. I understand that this may bug other players more than it does me, though.

When a shuttle event is on and you're trying to quickly turn around your shuttles while also getting on with your life, for a pop up to get in the way once you complete a shuttle, it can be very frustrating.