Home The Bridge

Ranked reward Constellations, worthwhile or irrelevant?

For me personally the rarity constellations are irrelevant, the Skills constellations are more important but to get 1 you need to finish top 250. If you want 2 you need to finish top 40?

2nd point why not randomly drop Skill Constellations from Scans?

Thoughts?

Comments

• They do drop randomly from scans, but the chances are extremely low. You have the same chance of getting a skill constellation from scans than of getting the constellation of a specific card among the 800+ available ones.

As for their usefulness, I'm not sure either. I've ranked for the rarity constellations a couple of time, but given that they have a 80% chance of dropping a useless polestar, it doesn't feel like it's worth it. With the skill constellation it would take so many resources to target a specific skill polestar through ranking, that one might as well just purchase a lot of dilithium and get the crew from packs.

But I've never ranked in the top 250 since the reward changes, and never at all in the top 40, so I don't know if anyone considers the skill constellation a reason (or an additional reason) to go for a high rank.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no point in having rarity constellations anyway. No one will ever use a non-legendary rarity ones so why bother with them? Just have a means of directly getting legendary ones. Or lump them in with skills.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    For me personally the rarity constellations are irrelevant, the Skills constellations are more important but to get 1 you need to finish top 250. If you want 2 you need to finish top 40?

2nd point why not randomly drop Skill Constellations from Scans?

Thoughts?

I feel exactly the same. I already sit on 12 Rarity constellations and will probably never open them. What i lack the most are skill polestars, i even would buy packs that contains them.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Amphistaff wrote: »
    There's no point in having rarity constellations anyway. No one will ever use a non-legendary rarity ones so why bother with them? Just have a means of directly getting legendary ones. Or lump them in with skills.

+1 on this
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rarity ones would only be usefull if we get a "Negative polestar" slot in the retrieval formula
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rarity polestars are only useful when there is a retrive x crew achievement active, so you can make a cheap pull and advance it. That's it, I think. Skill constellations are kinda ok, but rarity? you could give them away and I'm not sure if I would take them.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less free stuff. I sympathize only with the F2P players on this one. 🍿
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • I personally think they’re kinda irrelevant. If i’m ranking in an event, i’m not doing it for constellations, i’m doing it for the 5* crew 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    IMO, Rarity Constellations as they currently function are best used as dust collectors, as the 1,000 ISM needed to open them are best used on additional scans.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rarity constellations could be useful for merge crew, e.g. Coffee Janeway, Lizard Paris, Angry Seven, the Binars.

I could also see them being useful for collections, if you need one more crew to get the next tier on a collection, a super-rare would be easier to immortalise than a legendary. I currently have a dozen super-rare citations, and would be happy to use one retrieval pull to complete a collection tier.
  • Rarity constellations are not worth it. For the last two events for ranking below 250 I got 4 1* (which makes 9 total now). I was so frustrated! I don't think I'll ever try to rank higher than 350 now. It is enough for the legendary and as for the rarity polestars - do you know how to get rid of them ( and the 2 and 3* as well)?