Home The Bridge
Options

Would confirmation dialogues on pack purchases make sense?

I’ve been playing the game while more tired than I should be tonight. And as a result, while closing the event dialogues, I managed to misclick and drop 350 dil on a ship pack.

Sigh.

I mean, that’s on me. Much like when I accidentally hit the 10 dil refresh on skirmish rewards. But, if there had been a confirmation dialog asking if I wanted to use my dil, that would have stopped me using it in error.

Would it be worth adding a confirmation dialogue to every dil spend button? Or pack purchases? Or more trouble than it’s worth?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are in most places, for the event pack, buying quantum. Surprised there wasn’t one for the ships pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    There are in most places, for the event pack, buying quantum. Surprised there wasn’t one for the ships pack.

Yeah, i thought I remembered confirmations in most places, but didn’t want to try it out, because, obviously, there aren’t in some places, and I only have so much dil to burn by mistake tonight, ha.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me once. At the moment (I don't know now) there were times that when you enter the event window, the ship pack wasn't there until a second later, then it would appear moving the leaderboard button to the right. If you wasn't careful, and tried to click on the leaderboards button right away, the ship pack would get in the way.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Would it be worth adding a confirmation dialogue to every dil spend button? Or pack purchases? Or more trouble than it’s worth?

I've been there as well, so annoying when it happens.

I think adding them to every dil spending button would be a bit much, but maybe for those over a certain amount (50? 100?)
    I sometimes get the 10 dil offers during a skirmish and I'd be very annoyed if I had to click a confirmation button every time.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Within skirmishes, no. Everywhere else, yes. This is still a mostly cash-acquired currency - there should be a verification step for it.

Skirmish has the separate issue that others have raised before - namely that the 10 Dil button is WAY too close to the "okay" button. We've all fat-fingered the Dil purchase now and then. That shouldn't be acceptable, but it would obviously be a waste of time and effort to try to get it refunded via CS ticket.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    1dmluch7znwc.png

I just accidentally hit the ship back in the event screen and a confirmation popped up. Is it possible you double clicked mistakenly? I am on iOS, what platform are you on? Did you hit the ship pack on the event screen or in the portal?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spent dilithium on the dabo wheel before. I think those confirmations pop up any time you spend 50 or more dilithium. I could be mistaken, but I think that's been my experience.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    1dmluch7znwc.png

I just accidentally hit the ship back in the event screen and a confirmation popped up. Is it possible you double clicked mistakenly? I am on iOS, what platform are you on? Did you hit the ship pack on the event screen or in the portal?

iOS; I wonder if it combines with that rendering issue @Kanon mentioned, and slips past that way? I mean, I was exhausted so I wouldn’t put it past me, but two misclicks in a row feels less likely.

ETA: At least if there’s normally a dialog there, either I hit a bug, or I’m an idiot. That’s actually good! And if it’s a bug, a separate issue to conf dialog in general. If anyone needs me, I’ll be staring mournfully at my small pile of ship schematics.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's different from when it happened to me (like more than 2 years ago), the packs now appear a little later, but the windows are fixed (it used to be that the leaderboard button would be all the way to the left, and then the packs would displace it
    pyvpq3j6mkmr.gif
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you legitimately hit the portal by accident, you can email CS and they're usually pretty good about reversing the transaction.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If you legitimately hit the portal by accident, you can email CS and they're usually pretty good about reversing the transaction.

I mean, I did hit it by accident, but it’s equivalent to any other opened pack, I assume. At the end of the day, it’s only 3 days of monthly card, and totally my fault. Just made me think about quite how many misclick purchases I’ve made, and how to keep it from happening more often.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    1dmluch7znwc.png

Confirmation buttons are hit or miss for me...sometimes they appear sometimes they don t. No clue why, and yes on the same device.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mistakenly purchased boost packs in the past. It is dirty pool by the devs, for sure, but it has only happened to me a small handful of times, so I never made a stink about it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

I mean, I did hit it by accident, but it’s equivalent to any other opened pack, I assume. At the end of the day, it’s only 3 days of monthly card, and totally my fault. Just made me think about quite how many misclick purchases I’ve made, and how to keep it from happening more often.

Early in the game things like this happened to me a lot. If you still have the schematics should be able to get refund as @AviTrek says. They still might be able to undo if you upgraded.
  • Options
    I've spent dilithium on the dabo wheel before. I think those confirmations pop up any time you spend 50 or more dilithium. I could be mistaken, but I think that's been my experience.
    The confirmation comes up at 30 dilithium in Dabo for me .
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally bought the second reward from the skirmish earlier today. Annoying.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I had it with a 100k Honor purchase .. apparently the game decided i needed a second Kahles ..
    Lucky for me, this was easy fix through support ticket .. but still .. those should not be a 1click purchase..
  • Options
    Be careful you don't hit 'buy again'. 😉