Options

Collection expansions!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »
    I wanted The Neutral Zone updated (10 immortals to max out? come on!)

With only 22 Romulans, we just need more crew before Collections can be expanded! :smiley:

Seems like they like 25 for a level. I bet they expand it when we get the 25th romulan.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get any new rewards with the update, but I'm only one or two away on several. I had several lists to update today too. There are a couple crew that would add a notch to several collections in one go and are very tempting to work on this evening.
    I has a completion waiting on the Physicians collection, but that was it. A few aren't too far off, but most are pretty substantial.

However, I'd been thinking recently that my current citation priority was likely to wrap up in the next six months or so, and that I should probably start considering collections in my future priority list.
    WRG had a rough go at the beginning of 2021, but they've stepped it up. Crew retrieval, new collections monthly, honor sale, huge expansion of existing collections this month, a big trait audit, then a couple minor trait audits, best mega event in the last 16 months... I'm a pretty happy camper today. There's a few things still on my wish list, but for today I'll just say thank you, WRG.
    I imagine they had a lot of resources wrapped up in Crew Retrieval, which slowed things down. It's tough when there's a lean period like that, especially for a game with a weekly cadence, but it can lead to good things!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    The cynic in me is chuckling about this massive collection expansion coming immediately after the long-awaited honor sale... and my internal hoarder is thrilled to be sitting on 30+ citations that are still available for crew that suddenly became a much higher priority for immortalizing!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »
    I wanted The Neutral Zone updated (10 immortals to max out? come on!)

With only 22 Romulans, we just need more crew before Collections can be expanded! :smiley:

May as well wait until there's 26 Romulans. Otherwise you'll have to immortalize Shinzon. :p

Even Shinzon would not immortalize Shinzon. He stinks.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The cynic in me is chuckling about this massive collection expansion coming immediately after the long-awaited honor sale...
    I had the same thought. Would I have made any different decisions in my 33 beholds if these expansions had already occurred? (Actually, I'm very happy with who I chose, and I decided not to even attempt to revisit my choices knowing what we know today, but I wonder if anyone else is feeling bitter.)
    Webberoni wrote: »
    ... and my internal hoarder is thrilled to be sitting on 30+ citations that are still available for crew that suddenly became a much higher priority for immortalizing!
    Well, that's where you have an edge on me. I used all 33 citations within a few days of the sale ending. Improved a lot of crew, and again, I have no regrets about it. Hope the hoarding pays off for you with collection-strategic decisions!
  • Options
    This would be easier to take if you could get retrieval quantum quicker than spending dilithium so you could start adding stars to more crew as opposed to once a month
  • Options
    L
    This would be easier to take if you could get retrieval quantum quicker than spending dilithium so you could start adding stars to more crew as opposed to once a month

Agree. If they could increase the quantum speed it builds up so you could do two free retrievals a month. Or maybe have a special month or week where it builds at double speed?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    L

Agree. If they could increase the quantum speed it builds up so you could do two free retrievals a month. Or maybe have a special month or week where it builds at double speed?

Why not warp speed?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    L

They let you buy quantum to speed it up. For 900 DIL you can get a 5* every 9 days. So 2 per 18 days. Assuming you have the polestars, 900 DIL for a 5* you choose is the cheapest way to buy a 5* in the game.

It would be nice to be able to get it quicker without spending dil but that is a good point
  • Options
    L

They let you buy quantum to speed it up. For 900 DIL you can get a 5* every 9 days. So 2 per 18 days. Assuming you have the polestars, 900 DIL for a 5* you choose is the cheapest way to buy a 5* in the game.

Can speed it up with 90 dilithium every day but have to do it for the 18 days to get 2 in that time period so you have to spend 1620 dilithium not 900.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    L

Can speed it up with 90 dilithium every day but have to do it for the 18 days to get 2 in that time period so you have to spend 1620 dilithium not 900.

It’s still better on an expected 5*/dilithium spent basis even than recap packs. And you get to select the 5* you want!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    L

It’s still better on an expected 5*/dilithium spent basis even than recap packs. And you get to select the 5* you want!

Not saying it is a terrible deal, just want people to understand the full cost of it so they can make the best decision for them.
    Let’s fly!