Home The Bridge
Options

Mega Packs

Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
I’m interested in peoples views as to whether it is better to go with the 3900 Dil pack to guarantee at least one Legendary or take the punt with multiple 390 Dil packs. Previous Mega I had a bit of a lean run with the 390 packs so was considering going with a few of the 3900, but I haven’t done this before and feedback from those who have would be welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've only ever talked to one or two people who do the 3,900 pulls. The guaranteed legendary is essential to them. I prefer the 390 packs for the honor and chance at additional beholds from the normal portal.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    There will be some unlucky runs with the 390, but they will perform better over time on getting golds.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually buy packs, but bought 1 in the first stage of the mega and got Chakotay. Did the same for stage 3 and got Burnham. As a result, I have all the UR FF so far, so I'm probably more likely to get another 650 this time as I'm likely to need another copy of both UR (based on typical performance in these events).

I know the 390 are better value, but with my luck at hitting the desired UR to FF this event, they may end-up giving me UR after UR I have already FF, even if it's cheaper for gold crew hunting.
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    Off-topic, but I am curious - were Super Rare crew called Ultra Rare (UR) at some point earlier in the evolution of this game?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    SR is shorthand for “Super Rare” (in-game terminology), not UR, for ... what is UR for?

Sorry for being pedantic. Oh, wait, that’s what we do here in the forums, never mind. :p
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Off-topic, but I am curious - were Super Rare crew called Ultra Rare (UR) at some point earlier in the evolution of this game?

Nope, something else uses Ultra Rare and I got the 2 mixed-up. I actually realised, as I'd used both, and corrected the wrong ones!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 390 packs for all the above reasons. But I do like getting replicator material too, schematics. Also the chance to finish the few ships that are in the portal that I need schematics for. Currently I have 3 level 9 5* and a level 5 5* , ,that are in portal, I need schematics for.

Of course, there is so many things that can be used for replicator that schematics are not necessary.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I confess I don’t understand the benefit of the 3900 pack over 10 390s. Sure, you’re guaranteed a rare, but WHICH rare? I can’t help but see a scenario where a player wants stars on one rare, keeps getting the others, and gets shortchanged on the honor to buy citations.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Trollita wrote: »
    I confess I don’t understand the benefit of the 3900 pack over 10 390s. Sure, you’re guaranteed a rare, but WHICH rare? I can’t help but see a scenario where a player wants stars on one rare, keeps getting the others, and gets shortchanged on the honor to buy citations.

For me, this is important. I usually want to finish off my 3F SRs from event and maybe do some duplicates of SRs from event.

Cannot remember but I thought you were only guaranteed one event crew either SR or L in the 3900 dil pack too. But maybe it is a L you are guaranteed.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have to be really unlucky to not get a gold after 10 pulls, but I don't have experience with mega packs, just regular event packs.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 10x pulls, 1 Klingon West (4th star), 1 Dexa (2nd), and lots of honor (Culbers, Trois and Jodmos, all FF, and 2 SR beholds, with all options FF)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    27 pulls = zero Mega Legendaries.

Got 3 other random legendary beholds, but i had all immortalized already.
    Worst recap RNG ever.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    38 of the 390 pulls: Added a fourth star to all event super rares that were 3/4. 3 stars for Barry Waddle (started a second copy), 3 for Klingon West (now immortal), 2 for Adira (was 3/5 now immortal), 2 for Dexa (added an honor sale cite to immortalize her), none for Saru (now immortal after 3 cites). Also added stars to Leonardo, Degra, and Captain Nog.

Edited to correct typo
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 3 other random legendary beholds, but i had all immortalized already.
    Worst recap RNG ever.
    :(

And I was angry 'cause I only got 2 in 10 (the second one was the last pull)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't normally do recap packs but after seeing all the discussion on here decided this was a good event to do it. Don't know how many pulls I did, but it was a LOT. Results:

2 stars for Human Saru (4 total)
    1 star for Dexa (3 total)
    2 stars for Xahean Adira (3 total)
    Last stars for Trill Burnham and Android Mudd

May do some more packs in the next day or so; I may try for the last star for Decoy Kira in event packs.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    15 10x pulls. 1 Dexa (1st), 1 Barry (5th) and two other Begolds (Boothby and Bridge Officer Number One). Also completed all the Mega Rares that still needed stars.

godfzh9tvd6f.jpg

This was probably my best pull in a long time. One Begold, three Beholds (only one useful) and the straight drop.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I didn't count, but I did about 25 more pulls. 1 Klingon West, 1 Human Saru, 1 Dexa, lots of honor, and some useful SR (2x Vice Admiral Dougherty -new-, last star for indignant seven, last star for Sulu of the Body, 1x Nexus Guinan, 1x M-113 Creature)

So many Bajoran Culbers airlocked...

elagltzdthta.png

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is the first time I've gotten wrap up packs at the end of a Mega. I pulled 19, stopping when I got Barry.

All told these packs got me:

Barry Waddle (5/5), West (2/5), and Dexa (2/5)

Two begolds, Weyoun (2/5) and Amanda Rogers (1/5)

FFed new Mudd, Chakotay, and Neelix

Five Jodmoses (Jodmosi?), I already have him FF but maybe I’ll complete a second for Sisko faction events.

10 SR beholds, mostly honor but I got a Flotter (1/4), Trevis (3/4), and Danara (4/4)

Lots of honor

One last pull, to end with a nice round 20, was tempting. But I only have 900 dil left and I didn't want to risk another Jodmos on the slim chance I got a Legendary.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst recap RNG ever.

17 pulls 3 times Klingon West. Also a quite strange part of RNG. Sorry for yours :'(

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    13 packs. The highlights:

2x Human Saru (now 4/5)
    1x Klingon West (now 4/5)
    1x Barry Waddle (now 5/5)
    FF'd Burnham and Chakotay (missed on Mudd).

Edit: upgraded a few ships too (I don't bother to track those) and yielded 9400 honor.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I’m happy to see some decent luck for fellow players. No golds/begolds in 14 packs for me. sgbwylnwmkep.png
  • Options
    38 of the 390 pulls: Added a fourth star to all event super rares that were 3/4. 3 stars for Barry Waddle (started a second copy), 3 for Klingon West (now immortal), 2 for Adira (was 3/5 now immortal), 2 for Dexa (added an honor sale cite to immortalize her), none for Saru (now immortal after 3 cites). Also added stars to Leonardo, Degra, and Captain Nog.

Edited to correct typo

Update: Now have a Sec/Eng voyage going with Dexa, Waddle, AND West. Feeling pretty good about my recap packs.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    14 Packs. 2nd stars on Saru and Adira. 4th on Chakotay, Burnham, and Mudd. 3rd on Neelix. Sent 5 Klingon Torres out the airlock (not quite random RNG?). All in all, I'm happy with the results. Will have enough dil for one more pull before time runs out. Then will decide who to cite.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I decided to skip on my main and 2nd account. I only have about 20000 dil. on both those accounts and I want to save it to use on a future mega packs that I want the legendaries from. Since I have stopped spending money, I want to use the dil. on crew I want, rather than, I need for stats.

My 3rd account I went for 7 packs. Though after 4 packs I had what I needed to immortalize all the SRs from the mega, I drew 3 more in hopes of a legendary, no luck.

2 Human Neelix (needed 1)
    2 Human Torres
    1 Android Mudd (needed)
    1 Trill Burnham (needed)
    1 Jodmos
    and 2 other SRs fairly new account both beholds needed all the choices.

Edit: Mirror Garak was immortalized in my behold choices so there was one I did not need.