Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event - The Wrong Time - 2021-05-06

Comments

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The XA is in 3 collections and has great Dip Base. I sense great competition.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Still with this "Century" naming convention. I guess we just have to get use to this odd word choice.

But bringing the Xindi-Aquatics into the game is a nice balm; and it's looking like a really good Dip shuttler too (base is 1300+).

I guess "San Francisco" wouldn't fit? I would've preferred "1893" or "1890s" to this but maybe they're worried it would be too confusing with 1701 Sisko, 1701 Bashir, etc.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    Still with this "Century" naming convention. I guess we just have to get use to this odd word choice.

But bringing the Xindi-Aquatics into the game is a nice balm; and it's looking like a really good Dip shuttler too (base is 1300+).

He's the new #3 DIP base, and the #1 DIP/ENG shuttle. So ya, he'd be a nice addition for many.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    A new costumed 4* in a hybrid where we can get a 4/4 for free. I love it.

here here!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Will the Xindi be added to the Delphic Expanse as its not showing in there so far.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we know where that great big honking new ship is going to appear.....

Skirmish in two weeks.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent news on the Guinan. That's two crew from Time's Arrow in the last two months.

Maybe a collection soon?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent news on the Guinan. That's two crew from Time's Arrow in the last two months.

Maybe a collection soon?

By which time maybe they can figure out a GOOD prefix for the name.....

:D:D:D:D:D
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great art for the new characters, and I'm definitely aiming for multiple copies of Kiaphet Amman'sor.

Funnily enough, she'll be bumping Xindi Insectoid as the next DIP primary on my cite priorities.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Madam Guinan - I think that was exactly what she was introduced as in that episode
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
    Madam Guinan - I think that was exactly what she was introduced as in that episode

That's how I remember her from the old CCG, if nothing else.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a collection soon?

Sounds good, but I would very much like a Samuel Clemens. I love Mark Twain books and short stories. I would work hard for that event.

**slams fist onto the table**

You all are really missing the obvious: I demand a 1* Data's Head! :D

We do have this 2* Data.

19qurrs2emi3.png
    Let’s fly!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a collection soon?

Sounds good, but I would very much like a Samuel Clemens. I love Mark Twain books and short stories. I would work hard for that event.

We do have this 2* Data.

19qurrs2emi3.png

Not good enough!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    xe1134tc6psu.png

Phenomenal artwork. Big thumbs up.

I wish we could have that background art as a bridge crew background. Maybe as the reward for the second tier of a Time's Arrow collection. ;) The art is already there in the game. Why not re-use it?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

XAC is a terrible voyager, imo. Doesn't even make the top 150 with my bonuses. Voyage traits are too few. The top 300 legendaries with 3 skills in terms of matching voyage traits have at least a 50% chance to match a trait. XAC is below 50%. Event potential seems fairly low.

Bottom line, I expect very little competition. If I join the fray, it will only be due to boredom.
    Farewell 🖖

XAC is a terrible voyager, imo. Doesn't even make the top 150 with my bonuses. Voyage traits are too few. The top 300 legendaries with 3 skills in terms of matching voyage traits have at least a 50% chance to match a trait. XAC is below 50%. Event potential seems fairly low.

Bottom line, I expect very little competition. If I join the fray, it will only be due to boredom.

I'm inclined to agree. SHe's also (almost definitely) event crew for a Skirmish event, which means I don't need her to rank well. As cool as it is that she's finally in the game, I don't need another 1/5 clogging up the works.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭

And DIP/ENG has a ton of great voyagers as well. Just limited to the top 100 you've got Adira Tal, Ishan Chaye, Bridge Officer #1, Stranded Quark, and Interfaced La Force - with extra support from Dexa, Zheng He Riker, EDF Adira, Red Angle, Maxwell Forrest, Amelia Earhart, and Laborer Kirk.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Capn BruiserCapn Bruiser ✭✭
    edited May 2021

The naming bugs me, too. I am surprised they doubled-down on it after "Century Nurse Crusher". I just assumed it was supposed to be something like "19th Century..." but they realized they couldn't start a name with a number, couldn't get around it and just lopped it off at the last minute. But if they're doing it again maybe it was (mind-bogglingly) intentional? Or they made the same mistake twice.
  • EnderW wrote: »

Maybe a collection soon?

LOL! I just last night watched the episode where Riker had to detach Data's head and hook it up to the computer so he could save the ship.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

The naming bugs me, too. I am surprised they doubled-down on it after "Century Nurse Crusher". I just assumed it was supposed to be something like "19th Century..." but they realized they couldn't start a name with a number, couldn't get around it and just lopped it off at the last minute. But if they're doing it again maybe it was (mind-bogglingly) intentional? Or they made the same mistake twice.

That is not what bugs me. What bugs me is that she is not a physician. Makes it a lil harder to use her in voyages and another physician would be greatly helpful to finishing the expanded physician collection. Nurse makes sense for the episode but physician would be helpful. She was after all a physician in disguise as a nurse.
    Let’s fly!
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please fix these weird "century" names, they make no sense