Home The Bridge
Options

Two purchase options, vastly different value

I don't understand why I'm being offered two different purchase options for the same price ($24.99 USD) with comparable and yet vastly imbalanced results.
avuyzwi8avum.png
10 packs, 1250 chron, 1000 dil

or, the clearly better option:
lzad2wkb8e99.png
15 packs, 3000 chron, 3000 dil

In what world would it make sense to offer both of these at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Wishwise wrote: »
    In what world would it make sense to offer both of these at the same time?
    Presumably, if you were a whale or had 'restraint issues' and bought both?

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you get the same VIP points, that's something? :s
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The smaller one is the "charitable donation" version. You can declare the value difference as a write-off on your taxes. (USA only. Consult relevant laws for your tax jurisdiction outside of the US.)

*Note: sarcasm only. Please do not actually attempt to declare STT expenses on your taxes. Or if you do... don't blame me for what happens next! :o:D
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    i wonder what they were thinking .
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say I was curious about how TP/WRG arrive at their values, but I question more whether or not any logic is involved? And that pretty much gives me my answer...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Xipetotecc [TRCM]Xipetotecc [TRCM] ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    They don't make any logical sense whatsoever. I am going completely free to play, as the greed in this game is insane. These "deals" are proof positive.
    It would be completely different if I was actually supporting Stat Trek, but all the money they are raking in doesn't even go to furthering the game.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Trollita wrote: »
    STT: “Hold my beer!”exfhcuoxk82z.jpeg

This offer is more logically baffling than the previous one. Less chrons, less dilithium, and 125,000 credits. You can buy 500,000 credits daily for less than $1. A very easy pass...always.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    theyre just messing wiv us now . someone on their end read this thread and thought it would be funny to put an offer like that out because they know its utter bilge
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the offers are on like a Dabo wheel, and just come up randomly, with no thought by a human to when it hits or why it would be good or bad at the time.

I think this might be a "Great Value" at around half the price they are asking.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...