Home The Bridge
Options

DB is right about Fast as Light

2»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Galaxy events for all the reasons cited, but I dislike what DB did here. The extra day added to the cost of the event. People with limited time to play this event should just skip it. Attempting to compete while missing a significant chunk of time is just throwing away chrons to DB.

I dislike the dishonest spin DB tried to put on the increased targets. Yes we hit them, but don't pretend that increasing targets is in the players benefit.

I dislike that DB added to the cost of the event without giving players anything in return for the added cost.

And I dislike that Shan thinks saying she has forwarded our complaints while in reality ignoring the complaints is an adequate response.

The issues with the event were foreseeable. DB should have realized the problems and never done the extended event. When the complaints appeared DB should have realized their mistake and adjusted. But instead DB doubled down on the mistake and pretended to care about our feedback while promptly ignoring it.
  • Options
    Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    They were right to make it a galaxy yes, faction would have been unpleasant for the us holiday.

The premise that the extra day is necessary is just false for 99% of players.

Galaxy requires barely any play to get community rewards so not buying that one.

Unless you plan on dumping 20000 chrons anyone could hit top threshold in a couple hours. Galaxy could easily be a 2 day event going forward.

This was plain and simple a money grab by dB because of the popularity for Honey Bare. The proof is in their offer on Wednesday.

So yeah, they were “right” if they wanted to maximize their profits.
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I do like them, thank you very much. Galaxy events are an almost guaranteed way to turn chronitons into Legendary crew, and if f2p or low-VIP player wants to reach the top 1000, Galaxy events are amongst the easiest bet. At least half of my Legendaries come from Galaxy events, so you can bet I like them.
    They are great for the F2P player to win crew, but the worst thing about galaxy events are the slow animations and endless clicking crafting for each 1k VPs.

I have serious RSI from all the damn clicking!! Make the recipes require 5x as many bits for 5k VP per pop and at least then the tedium would be reduced five fold!

Less tedium, more people would bother playing!

Jim

I agree for lower VIP players might have chance to be in top 1k. I disagree with F2P - they prob don’t have good crews/resources to begin with (or pass several events and spam it on one), but opportunity to get good to get 4/4 though.

yes all these animation look good but need option to bypass them. Including gauntlet
  • Options
    Put me in the camps of "I don't mind galaxy events but the number of resources you need to be successful is ridiculous" and "maybe it's time for an expedition event".
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also chime in and say that I like Galaxy events. They are my favorite event type (so far). However, the extended nature of this one was just too, too much. I recently placed in the top 10 in a Galaxy (with my fleet CFOH, currently sitting at #1), however, after hitting the 100k threshold, I stoppped playing this one. Personally, I would have much preferred if they had shortened it by a day rather than lengthening it by a day. And I can take the regular length fine (though it does take a lot more resources and pre-planning now than it once did). But I felt it was incredibly wasteful for me to drop the amount of chronitons it would have taken for me to be competitive this weekend. I ended up spending my chrons on crew leveling instead, and have gotten about 10 crew immortalized in the past several days.

A shame, because I really wanted Honey Bare. (Tried three event pulls before it started, but no dice.) I'll try to get over it... somehow. ;)

yRJOTzU.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"