Home The Bridge
Options

Coming soon ... <mischevious grin>

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
uanii63d58wb.png

Comments

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to adding further redundancy to CPDP Picard!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's celebrate by pretending the new Picard series never existed!

But that banner is from the new Picard series. ;)

Are you sure?

nuhmflfnbrr8.jpeg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Perhaps you should, given the new series seem to live rent-free in your head.

I, like plenty of others, am very glad it does exist.

Why, though? Like, honestly, what in it was actually good? Open to any redeeming qualities, really.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Why, though? Like, honestly, what in it was actually good? Open to any redeeming qualities, really.

Picard season 1 did have some serious issues but it did expand the Romulan culture which was awesome and it did establish the characters and set us up for season 2 with a new showrunner. Hoping season 2 is very good.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Picard <3
  • Options

Picard season 1 did have some serious issues but it did expand the Romulan culture which was awesome and it did establish the characters and set us up for season 2 with a new showrunner. Hoping season 2 is very good.

I agree! There were a few moments that I didn’t like, and some I really didn’t like! But there were also a lot of awesome moments and great nostalgic memories :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to be inherently subjective. I liked many of the characters and found there to be a number of enjoyable character moments. To take just one episode, Broken Pieces, there was the scene with the Rios holos, Picard speaking about Data and Seven's moment as Borg - all memorable, enjoyable moments. As another, Nepenthe even got me to like Riker and Troi, which is more than most of TNG managed.
  • Options
    I liked the Qowat Milat. I liked seeing the weird Romulan maze technique to unlock the mind. I agree the Zhat Vash made little sense but sadly there are groups like that today whose plans and ideas are illogical and destructive. That does not stop them from continuing those plans regardless of cost to themselves and others. Power for those at the top is sufficient for them. How so few Zhat Vash could have such power and so many ships does not make sense. I guess Picard wanted a big stakes finale. There were issues with how long the season would go and changes made mid production. I did find the show largely depressing and boring but others love it. I do not have to love every show. There will be a new showrunner for season 2 and I am hoping the show will turn it around. I wish I could disagree with more of what you said but the show did have significant issues.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I liked the Qowat Milat. I liked seeing the weird Romulan maze technique to unlock the mind. I agree the Zhat Vash made little sense but sadly there are groups like that today whose plans and ideas are illogical and destructive. That does not stop them from continuing those plans regardless of cost to themselves and others. Power for those at the top is sufficient for them. How so few Zhat Vash could have such power and so many ships does not make sense. I guess Picard wanted a big stakes finale. There were issues with how long the season would go and changes made mid production. I did find the show largely depressing and boring but others love it. I do not have to love every show. There will be a new showrunner for season 2 and I am hoping the show will turn it around. I wish I could disagree with more of what you said but the show did have significant issues.

I really don't want to be "that" guy, because I'm as liberal as it gets, but clearly both the Qwat Milat and the Zhat Vash were basically the writers' piss-poor way of saying "feminism, girl power, look at us, we're so woke, y'all!!" - You know that thing where something tries so hard that it basically becomes a mockery of what it's trying to do? How about you try to make an intelligent story that uses female characters, not start with the female characters and half-**tsk tsk** the story?
  • Options
    This site should have a link from the game and facebook so more players can find it. I've been playing the game for a while now and find it most helpful. Had another player direct me to this site.
  • Options

I really don't want to be "that" guy, because I'm as liberal as it gets, but clearly both the Qwat Milat and the Zhat Vash were basically the writers' piss-poor way of saying "feminism, girl power, look at us, we're so woke, y'all!!" - You know that thing where something tries so hard that it basically becomes a mockery of what it's trying to do? How about you try to make an intelligent story that uses female characters, not start with the female characters and half-**tsk tsk** the story?

I disagree. If they had been male run groups the gender would not even be mentioned, much less discussed and criticized. I see no reason why female run groups should be held to a higher standard.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Forget my last comment above. I just found the link to here in the customer support section! Lol
  • Options
    I think PIC had some great ideas, but far far too little time to explore them. The end result was rapid fire plot points, character elements, and world building that was rarely explained or even referenced again.

With so few episodes, they should have entirely dropped the Romulans from the story, and expanded the borg harvesters to take on the "Zhat Vash" role. Know a good way to keep your market in high-end cybernetics afloat? Discredit androids as a replacement. BAM, Zhat Vash replaced in a single sentence.

Nothing against Romulans, but they deserve a fully committed season or two, not third wheel to the android plot and the borg plot.

To bring this full circle, I think PIC did a good job with its TNG call backs. The banner that started all of this is one such example. Hugh was another. Good call backs are awesome for folks who recognize them, but don't leave fans guessing if they're unfamiliar with the source.

DIS also feels rushed to me, but I think S3 had better pacing and I'm hoping this means future seasons/series will see additional improvement. Guess we'll see with PIC S2.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a Picard with a strong CMD base. Well done! :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited June 2021

I disagree. If they had been male run groups the gender would not even be mentioned, much less discussed and criticized. I see no reason why female run groups should be held to a higher standard.

That's my point exactly, they were more interested in creating reasons for "twitterverse outrage" as opposed to worrying about whether their story made sense. It's the same with Discovery. Forget good writing or a plot that seems remotely coherent, let's just make reasonable Trek fans suddenly have to take sides on whether they're "woke" enough.

Also, one quick thing:
    To Veterinary Phlox - Discovery Season 3 - The turbolift shaft scene in the finale. That scene alone destroys any credibility that show might have had left.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I miss where the stats were released?
  • Options

Well, he is a role model.

Starport
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    According to a post in Discord - #223 Voyager at release. Not worth a citation but he should be good for Picard events :smile:
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Should this Picard not be a "Cultural Figure"?