Home The Bridge
Options

Coming soon ... <mischevious grin>

2»

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's in two collections, so may be worth a cite just for them.

He should probably also have Veteran and Survivalist traits. He's not keen on children, hates them on the Enterprise, and this was horrible for him, so Survivalist. To children, he was ancient, survived the Borg, so was a veteran.

And like the Borg, Picard would prefer to have children in maturation chambers until fully grown.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should the equipment be Paper Day Sign? I would have expected it was supposed to be Picard Day Sign?
  • Options
    PavelH wrote: »
    According to a post in Discord - #223 Voyager at release. Not worth a citation but he should be good for Picard events :smile:

Worth a citiation for me, since he has a 1299 CMD base and the nxt highest Picard with CMD base has 1144 only(C.O.P. Picard).

Plus he won t be part of the nxt portal update in July and i m not sure if we’ll
    see any other portal update after the nxt one.😅

blu6z6d0mt07.jpeg

How much of a shuttle percentage boost is a 150 point base increase? 5%?

Might have been worth a citation for me if he was also a top 100 voyager. Think I'll save that cite for the new #1 overall CMD base Picard that'll be in a six pack in 2-3 months. :lol:

That said, I'm pleased with the Picard Day celebrations. A free 4/5 legendary is always appreciated.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in many ways Discovery is like DS9 with the character development and season long storylines. Closer to DS9 than any other trek series is to DS9 in my mind. I get what you are saying overall though and am glad you can appreciate the new trek now cause there is a lot more of it coming and it would be sad to miss out on the fun of having new trek. I hope you watched the other two season of Discovery cause they are great.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I really didn't want to have to come back in here and defend my position anymore. I've just decided to give up and let society pass me by. Honestly, if you've seen my old posts, you know I never cared if it was different. I wanted different. What I didn't want was unintelligent. And that's exactly what Discovery and Picard are. They're simply unintelligent, written by people who just don't care if anything makes sense. I don't even care if they stay loyal to the source material, just don't deliver idiotic garbage and call it clever. I loved Stargate Universe, even though it was way different from the Stargate that came before, because it was well-written.
  • Options
    I think in many ways Discovery is like DS9 with the character development and season long storylines. Closer to DS9 than any other trek series is to DS9 in my mind. I get what you are saying overall though and am glad you can appreciate the new trek now cause there is a lot more of it coming and it would be sad to miss out on the fun of having new trek. I hope you watched the other two season of Discovery cause they are great.

Finished Season 2 a while ago, just started watching 3 with a friend. I have to be honest and say that things have gone a little off the rails in my opinion, but I'm certainly still interested. I feel so far like Discovery would have been a really great movie epic. It feels like some just solid Sci-Fi that is being shoehorned into being Trek right now, if that makes sense. I wish the writers were being a bit more careful and consistent with making it fit in the universe, especially when they decide to explicitly not fit. Feels a little haphazard. But again, I had similar issues with Enterprise. So far, enjoyable, probably not re-watch worthy (I've watched ENT and VOY twice each, TNG a few times, and DS9 I've watched at least 12 times start to finish).

I feel like the biggest thing is that they don't employ enough of the classic one line explanations. Burnham is supposed to be all vulcan-y, but she's also losing her stuff with her emotions a lot. Like one line of:
    Burnham: "Despite our upbringing, the stress of all these events is really testing my abilities to control my emotions."
    Spock: "Perhaps control isn't always what we strive for. Perhaps understanding our emotions is the key to enduring such things."

Boom. Outbursts justified. Still human, still have emotions, life's tough sometimes.

Also, I'm a Tig Notaro Stan. She keeps me going on the show single-handedly.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in many ways Discovery is like DS9 with the character development and season long storylines.

I know how much you like Discovery and I am glad you found a new Star Trek series you enjoy so much. But I feel you cannot compare those at all. DS9 with that kind of storytelling was ahead of it´s time, while Discovery is a child of the current times. Also by the action overload in some episodes.

And although they loosened up the concept some with the Defiant later DS9 was supposed to happen mainly on the station. While Discovery is everywhere. Also by timelines.

Finally while it got better with Season 3 (especially with Burnham and Culber) and no matter other aspects I enjoy much myself character development for me is the weakest part of the show. Like with Airiam or Nhan where we first get to know more /develop a bond with the characters in the episodes where they kick them out. Which is a strange storytelling way. DS9 was much deeper and "richer" concerning that.

I respect your love for the show and, as said, I like it 2, but for non hardcore fans it has quite a few flaws (like all series do of course)

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    robownage wrote: »
    I really didn't want to have to come back in here and defend my position anymore. I've just decided to give up and let society pass me by. Honestly, if you've seen my old posts, you know I never cared if it was different. I wanted different. What I didn't want was unintelligent. And that's exactly what Discovery and Picard are. They're simply unintelligent, written by people who just don't care if anything makes sense. I loved Stargate Universe, even though it was way different from the Stargate that came before, because it was well-written.

I'm not clear on why you're so put out by people disagreeing with you, and I'm certainly not clear on why you feel the need to drain the joy from those who are enjoying the two series. It's not what you're looking for in Trek, and that's okay. I'm not sure either show was what exactly what I hoped for either, but I've found many things to enjoy about both series, even though they're way different from the Star Trek that came before.

And if you're only looking for intelligent writing, boy are you going to be disappointed the next time you catch "Spock's Brain," "Move Along Home" or "Threshold" in reruns.

I don't care anymore, but I can't delete my post. So you get this space filler.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Any new Trek is good Trek. I'd take more TAS with the TNG crew in a heart beat.