Home The Bridge
Options

After a 4mo break, not much has changed….

So been playing again for a little under two weeks and it’s really disappointing to see not much has changed…. And the most recent published “update” from timelines talks doesn’t seem too promising…. Yeah the concept of trading polestars is intriguing. But if this is a market where the players set the cost, I can see getting out of hand really fast…. A supply/demand conflict…. Oh joy another avenue of reality plaguing something that is meant to be fun an offer an escape of such things….

More over, I’m sad there is no new episode to play…. No new form of event to break same mundane types of events over an over…. Just a suggestion, couldn’t they have added dilemmas to voyages??!? Adding more factions….

I dunno how long it’ll keep my interest this time…. Gonna re-evaluate after this campaign, that I’ve still not bought, but may consider buying closer to the end of it…. It’ll finish this mega and a few events after…. Hopefully something comes soon…. And not just more of the “back burner” stuff they eluded to in the blast they sent out in-game and on these forums….
Fleet - Omega Molecules
lv 94 - 600+ immortalized w/ 572 unique - 15 collections max level - VIP14 - Missing 17 1/4 SR characters.

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody has to use the celestial market to get polestars. They can keep scanning the way they used to. But for those stuck because they can’t get the right polestar it will be very helpful. I want to finish my Baseball Worf but cannot get an athlete polestar for anything. WRG is monitoring so if there are problems with it they will adjust it. For me it sounds fun and a new game mode that makes retrievals easier. Something to do when bored.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

New game modes is the key but thats major effort.

Yes, but much needed really. I mean they mentioned they will give new content, but this new is the same thing all over again.

At the beginning of the game they were also inventing new gameplay things. Or later Voyages. And Skirmishes while also building on something old at least shook things up a bit. But just now they do not even consider it. I do not get it. Especially since they doubled the team size after the studio change...

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

New game modes is the key but thats major effort.

Yes, but much needed really. I mean they mentioned they will give new content, but this new is the same thing all over again.

At the beginning of the game they were also inventing new gameplay things. Or later Voyages. And Skirmishes while also building on something old at least shook things up a bit. But just now they do not even consider it. I do not get it. Especially since they doubled the team size after the studio change...

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they are not working on something, but with how long some of it takes I would not speak about it until they know its going to work/be released. Under promise, over deliver
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Under promise, over deliver

Yes, you nailed it. Should that apply in this case I will be glad...

• Options
    edited June 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    You may not like what they're building, but that doesn't mean they aren't building things.

Yes, but should you have read clearly I am talking about gameplay inventions. These builds you talk about make getting crew easier. Which is fine and well. But that doesn´t change the staleness and same same of STT at this point of the game. And new gameplay modes or modifications to the existing ones are not on the agenda right now. Also Celestial Market is no feature anyway, just an extension of the crew retrieval. Or the finisher of it.

And as many have pointed out over and over again: Most players have tons and tons of crew. But no means to put them to good use. Which is ZERO a healthy concept. And also reduces the incentive to get even more (unless you are a Pokemon-style player who just wants to get them all). For what?

P.S.: You slashed this/the former team for countless little (sometimes silly) things in the past. No new gameplay in ages is not minor, but even huge. And a forum is there to express opinions. They may not be on the same lines as yours, but that is the secret of individuality ;) If you are content with the direction of the game. Great. To each their own...

• Options
    starfox wrote: »
    you may not think crew retrieval is a worthy gameplay addition but lots of players have been asking for a way to get specific crew without opening tons of boosters
    That's not gameplay, it's collecting.

• Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    starfox wrote: »
    you may not think crew retrieval is a worthy gameplay addition but lots of players have been asking for a way to get specific crew without opening tons of boosters
    That's not gameplay, it's collecting.

Disagree. It isn’t just retrieving a crew person. You have to scan multiple times to get a constellation. You have to open constellations to get polestars. You have to mix polestars in different combinations to retrieve someone. Now there will also be a market to go along with it where you can buy and sell polestars. It is a whole process with multiple steps similar to the multiple steps it takes in an event to get crew. So yes it is gameplay.

We already had scanning, and opening polestars is essentially just opening a pack. Neither are of any note as an addition. The actual retrieval itself is of some interest, but can only be done (without spending quite a bit of dil) every 21 days.

It's quite understandable that it would barely register as a gameplay addition to most players when the only interesting aspect of it is so infrequent.
  • Options
    Well I am looking forward to the celestial market. WRG Ben said they are going to be working on other things to do with crew. Guess we will see.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    What requirements are needed to post a new topic in the forum? I'm new here
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    What requirements are needed to post a new topic in the forum? I'm new here

I’m not sure if the requirement to make a post takes time or posting. I’m fairly sure that the requirement was put in place due to spammers posting spam threads overnights and on weekends.

I can’t argue with the original poster. The game feels stale. I think a big part of the issue is that TP has identified this as a card collection game, while DB had been fairly straightforward that it wasn’t. Most of TP’s recent additions make sense in that framework (everyone will be able to get whatever cards they want for a price and with some luck). Unfortunately, it means that a chunk of the playerbase is getting restless.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately players are not only getting restless, they are leaving the game. Many longtime players in my fleet are gone. There was always some turnaround, but not like now.
  • Options
    I just wish we could do crew retrieval quicker without dilithium. It is a lot of waiting which tends to get people to check out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you remember when they started doing that "10x10 pulls for $10" deal? I used to bite every single time, because it seemed like such a good deal back then. Now, I don't even go for the 10-packs when they're free. They have almost no value anymore.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    What were you expecting? I stopped playing for a year and a half, and when I came back, only thing new was the auto mode and 3x speed in the space battles (and the timed ingame mails)
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I don't know, I've always seen the game differently than practically everyone and it has gotten me into a fair amount of "trouble" on the forums, but I would argue that the game is more compelling now than it ever has been, you just need to take a more active role in creating your own enjoyment. STT has never been a treadmill, it's more like Minecraft in creative mode. Three different times I've briefly gotten frustrated and considered leaving, but then I've shifted my approach and found renewed excitement.

STT has always been heavy on card collecting, there's a good mix of fan favorite cards (for me, it was chasing Janeways), utility cards (like useful arena skills, etc), and cards for collections. For most of us it is simply impossible to collect them all, so players grind every day making strategic choices to position themselves to be able to chase desirable cards when they become available. I do not view daily activities as a chore, I look at it as doing what I need to do to keep my account healthy so I'm in position to pounce on new cards I want to snag, and that is a real rush. The recent additions of both new collections and expanding old ones has also done a lot to renew my interest in chasing cards, I just immortalized Kal'Hyah Bashir for example because he is in THREE collections I am working on.

The addition of Crew Retrieval has introduced a few new concepts that have made things more interesting beyond the obvious ability to retrieve crew. After the initial devastation it had on smaller fleets it has encouraged fleets to work together more than before to acquire ISM. The retrieval system also uses so many credits that there is now a resource management component that did not exist before, which I find very interesting to solve. In the old days I would simply replicate all the trickier equipment for new cards to rush them to completion but that costs a lot of credits that I now need for retrieval, so there has been a fun give-take struggle to stay credit neutral/positive while still staying on top of both crew completion and crew retrieval. I find this a satisfying endeavor.

I've also found renewed interest in fleet activities, chatting with my fleetmates, coaching up new folks, strategizing on new ideas for improvement, all of it, it's a lot of fun. If you are not taking advantage of this you may need to find a new fleet, there are a lot of fun fleets out there with a lot of cool people to chat with that provide mutual enjoyment and fulfillment. Without this game, none of that would be possible. For example, I am going to setup and run a fantasy football league for my fleet this fall.

Unlike virtually every other game I've ever played, STT's community is really passionate, diverse, and full of interesting people. I am not eager to depart such a community, and am grateful to STT for enabling it.

Glad to see you are enjoying crew retrieval more now after you were so unhappy with it earlier. I find it fun and there is a lot of strategic planning to it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody has to use the celestial market to get polestars. They can keep scanning the way they used to. But for those stuck because they can’t get the right polestar it will be very helpful. I want to finish my Baseball Worf but cannot get an athlete polestar for anything. WRG is monitoring so if there are problems with it they will adjust it. For me it sounds fun and a new game mode that makes retrievals easier. Something to do when bored.

I may have to sell my Athlete pollstar....
  • Options

I may have to sell my Athlete pollstar....

I may have to buy it. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give you 20 human and 20 Starfleet ones for an athlete
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    I'll give you 20 human and 20 Starfleet ones for an athlete

So the price set is 32000 ISM (40 x 800) for 1 Athlete Polestar...
  • Options
    I don’t like Niners Worf that much.
    Let’s fly!