Home The Bridge
Options

1-faction events

Events:
Lately the events seem to be heavily favoring long time layers who have substantial stacks of equipment and chronitrons.
We get a lot of galaxies, in which newer playerscan not realy rank because it requires a huge stack of chronitrons.
Faction/galaxy skirmishes with only 1faction mean that you will only get one factions items and no faction bonus.
Typically new players do not have stacks of faction items, boosts or shuttletokens.
And now we also getting 1 faction faction events.
As newer players you know you will not win events, but with a skirmish you get honor, credits and chrons out if participating.
A full faction with 3factions gives you a range of faction items for your investment of timers shuttletokens.
A galaxy only costs you chrons.
A galaxy/faction hybrid with 1 faction costs you chrons and gives very limited faction items. Especially if its hirogen or dominion. And it also makes a quickstart less useful, meaning it will take more shuttles to reach treshold.

Next 3weeks are 1-faction faction/galaxy hybrid , 1-faction faction, full galaxy.
The 3worst event types for newer players.
(1-faction factions are also bad for longer players bit they need to equip less crew and often have stack as a result of that.)

It will be a boring next 3 weeks for many because the only thing to do is get treshhold if even that.

If you need hybrids do a 3-faction/galaxy, a skirmish/galaxy or a skirmish/faction. All players will get something useful for their investment of time and chrons.

Comments

• Options
    My account might not be new but my roster and amount of resources are definitely still on the level of a new player after my long hiatus. And it’s not really, that bad? Ok I usually kinda skip faction events because I can’t really get much at all but, galaxy is fine? Yeah true I’m out of chrons, but I was out of chrons ranking in the skirmish event too (got Luma Kira yay! First ranked gold!), I wouldn’t be able tp do a second skirmish now. Yes skirmishes give you chrons but they do tend do trend downwards. A galaxy is a nice break in my opinion because the community rewards are really nice, I always look forward to my premium pull!
  • Options
    I partly agree on galaxies, the halfway to treshold does not cost much because of the chrons in the rewards. If the extra expenditure in chrons for the rest until treshold is worth is is a matter of opinion but you do get the pull and a gold item

My main critisism is the 1-faction faction in both the hybrid and the faction event.

Especially if that faction is less useful.
    There are not that many ferengi and dominion crew.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall having much problem when Faction events only had a single choice, but I got to four shuttles a bit later than I should have, and by then merits were plentiful so I could stock up on transmissions easily. I also had a fair stockpile of shuttle boosters by that point, although I've always been thrifty with them.

No question the Skirmishes are the easiest to get into for new players. Beyond having a 5* ship, there's not much else, the crew requirement is even minimal, and with a little luck you'll generate nearly as many chrons as you spend - although unless you're really lucky it helps to start with a stash.

I will admit a cringe a bit at the amount of time I used to sink into Skirmishs - which typically involved drawn out fights in the Bounty, cloaking to avoid hammers. With the ship battle improvements and my own bag of hammers, I can maintain rank 750 for a fraction of the time commitment.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I'm a day one player but I also hate one faction skirmishes because I reside in Europe. This means I cannot get to 4000vp before sending overnights. This puts us at a huge disadvantage.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that one of the event crew (Luma Rahl Kira) needs so many faction only equipment (holoprograms) which are not obtainable from the event faction (those are Borg and Section 31 items, plus some cadet missions). If you didn't level her up before the event, you better have a big VIP bonus for those replicators.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    It's a shame that one of the event crew (Luma Rahl Kira) needs so many faction only equipment (holoprograms) which are not obtainable from the event faction (those are Borg and Section 31 items, plus some cadet missions). If you didn't level her up before the event, you better have a big VIP bonus for those replicators.

This has been an issue since the game launched. And there used to be no access to the crew before the event pack went live and no replicators. And adding 3 factions wont really change anything when the crew needs items from completely different factions.
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »

That's my problem too. I couldn't level my Kira because of all those Faction Items. It's a shame because this would probably be the most use I would get out of her event wise.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    My issue is recent events have been focused on factions I don't really need. Unsure if it's a newer player thing or just down to who I have levelled-up recently, but I find I usually need items from:
    Federation
    Section 31
    Klingon Cardassian (most Klingon items I need only come from here and not Klingon).
    Borg and Augment occasionally
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    I hate these 1-faction events too.

For new-new players faction events are difficult because you usually have only 2 shuttles and skirmishs are difficult because you don't have a good ship. galaxy events are good because you can save chronitons (you get extra from levelling up the captain level) and get the community rewards.
  • Options
    Just stop with these 1 faction only events. It is lazy. You give us such few methods of gameplay beside these stale old events, you do not need to be lazy about the few things to do that we have.
  • Options
    still better than STO where the game is literally nothing but "pay us money for expensive trash" the game
  • Options
    Mirror M'ressMirror M'ress ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    also my alt started one week ago and did fine with the dominion only faction event by using all it's merits on faction missions and working on event capable crew