Home Engineering Room
Options

Another tribbles in the engineering - Windows 10 purchase issue

NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in Engineering Room
Now that i have encountered this issue more than once when making purchases(On different platforms).
You are willingly to accept our money, however when it comes to refunds you cover yourself by saying that isnt possible due to xxx user terms of xxxys refund policy on digital content.
The money has already been withdrawn from my bankaccount so it isnt in my end the problem is.
You have to figure out a way to refund money when this siusse appears, because now my money is being held hostage from you, all because i do not have a paypal account and have no intention to ever get one. And even if i did it doesnt have the same value(On a paypal account) as it would normally have(On my bankaccount) since i cant use that money everywhere

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Now that i have encountered this issue more than once when making purchases(On different platforms).
    You are willingly to accept our money, however when it comes to refunds you cover yourself by saying that isnt possible due to xxx user terms of xxxys refund policy on digital content.
    The money has already been withdrawn from my bankaccount so it isnt in my end the problem is.
    You have to figure out a way to refund money when this siusse appears, because now my money is being held hostage from you, all because i do not have a paypal account and have no intention to ever get one. And even if i did it doesnt have the same value(On a paypal account) as it would normally have(On my bankaccount) since i cant use that money everywhere

Unfortunately PayPal is the only way we can process eligible refunds.
    We do not have access to your financial information, there is no other way to proceed with a refund.

I understand that it is an added inconvenience to an already unpleasant experience, but having a PayPal account is the only solution at this time. When properly set up PayPal does allow you to transfer the money to your bank account.

We are aware that there is currently an issue affecting some purchases made on Windows 10 and we are looking into it.

Our apologies for this situation.
  • Options
    Any update on this? I've had an open ticket for two days now and I'm losing daily honor offers and missed the 1701 Sisko offer as well because of the Windows store errors. :(
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronk wrote: »
    Any update on this? I've had an open ticket for two days now and I'm losing daily honor offers and missed the 1701 Sisko offer as well because of the Windows store errors. :(

The issue is still ongoing.
    Our support team is handling tickets as quickly as they can.
  • Options
    Thank you for the update Shan. Should I hold off on any further purchases for now or is it just an issue with the honor sale items only? Looking to buy a monthly card but I can wait if there is a chance it'll not work.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update Shan. Should I hold off on any further purchases for now or is it just an issue with the honor sale items only? Looking to buy a monthly card but I can wait if there is a chance it'll not work.

We're still trying to narrow down what is causing the issue, I do not believe it is only affecting the honor offers and packs.

What I would suggest is :
    - if you try to make a purchase and the game tells you it fails, do not try again
    - check your purchase history to see if it went through and if you have been billed
    - then contact support with a screenshot and we will work on adding what you purchased on your account

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing :(
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

We're still trying to narrow down what is causing the issue, I do not believe it is only affecting the honor offers and packs.

- if you try to make a purchase and the game tells you it fails, do not try again
    - check your purchase history to see if it went through and if you have been billed
    - then contact support with a screenshot and we will work on adding what you purchased on your account

Hello, i opened a ticket because of that but im looking throught my purchase history on my microsoft account and i see a lot of purchases that i didnt got the items and had to rebuy but i already paid twice for it, what can i do? Sent screenshots of it to where? Thanks
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omeguiz wrote: »

Hello, i opened a ticket because of that but im looking throught my purchase history on my microsoft account and i see a lot of purchases that i didnt got the items and had to rebuy but i already paid twice for it, what can i do? Sent screenshots of it to where? Thanks

If you have opened a ticket you should have received an email confirming that, reply to that email with your screenshots. Thank you!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I had this problem today, twice I was charged for the Dillithium Supernova offer ( 4200 + citation ), but both times I had a tribbles in our system error. I sent an email to support, so I trust I will be refunded, but one big issue here is that the error message I got said "purchase failled" (implying that no charge was made, but let's not focus on that one), and "TRY AGAIN" making the matters worse, since nothing changes.

EDIT: to clarify, here is how the error is presented

qn70z5ypzbna.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I had this problem today, twice I was charged for the Dillithium Supernova offer ( 4200 + citation ), but both times I had a tribbles in our system error. I sent an email to support, so I trust I will be refunded, but one big issue here is that the error message I got said "purchase failled" (implying that no charge was made, but let's not focus on that one), and "TRY AGAIN" making the matters worse, since nothing changes.

EDIT: to clarify, here is how the error is presented

qn70z5ypzbna.png

I am sorry this happened, we are still investigating the issue.
    That pop up is the general one, valid for all platforms, unfortunately it does not take into account this very specific issue.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pop up is the general one, valid for all platforms, unfortunately it does not take into account this very specific issue.
    Is there anything I can do to speed up the support process? I opened a ticket 7 hours ago, no response yet, and I feel like time is of the essense, since the purchases are for packs that are already not available, and in case of a refund, the only other thing I would like to use the money is a LTO that is ending soon (honor sale packs)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do to speed up the support process? I opened a ticket 7 hours ago, no response yet, and I feel like time is of the essense, since the purchases are for packs that are already not available, and in case of a refund, the only other thing I would like to use the money is a LTO that is ending soon (honor sale packs)

Unfortunately, no.
    Purchase issues are treated in priority but it still takes time to get a reply.
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    And again there are trouble with a purchase.
    If you know there are problems why not close for purchases untill things are resplved.
    It causes mayhem among customers and work overload for CS
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some new information, we've learned today that this is an issue on the Microsoft Store side.
    They are working on it.
    On our end we are looking at potential mitigation solutions.