Home The Bridge
Options

Quest for Locutus-Just Hit 5000 Gauntlet Rounds

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was wondering how far along others are in this marathon to reach 20000 gauntlet rounds

Comments

• Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    6000 and will get to 20,000k in 4 years
  • Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    10164, just passed the 10-pull and have that Locutus star in my sights.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6611 for me. Just the 2000 merits as my next achievement at 7000. (Which I'll gladly take -- I can always use more merits!)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Looks like I’m slacking. I’m very selective though. Only take matches where I’m way favored. I only lose a match maybe once every two or three gauntlets but it looks like that way I’m not gaining alot of Locutus ground
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I’m slacking. I’m very selective though. Only take matches where I’m way favored. I only lose a match maybe once every two or three gauntlets but it looks like that way I’m not gaining alot of Locutus ground

Yeah, it's just different methods of playing Gauntlet. I stopped worrying about long streaks (and stopped spending merits for the most part, save for maybe a couple of times in a 2-day session). So when I've gotten a few short streaks (or one slightly longer one) in a round, I'll make sure I use all my remaining crew until they're completely disabled. Every once in awhile, I even win one of those lopsided matches that I was convinced I'd lose.

I had been getting to top ten in most Gauntlets prior to changing my methodology as described above, but I found myself unimpressed with the rewards from anything other than the tippy-top ranks, so now I only shoot for the teens. And occasionally I end up in the 20s or lower, which is fine -- I still find myself getting nice rewards, even though I'm not placing nearly as high these days.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    5,500. Don't use merits for refresh. I toss my players to the wolves when there are no matching traits or they won't win. If I streak at 3, then RNGesus is with me, if for only a moment. I'd rather place top 5 for big loot boxes, or 11th-15th for 7 semi-big loot boxes which give better loot than streak boxes. I should get my Locutus... in 18 months!
  • Options
    I think im at almost 7000...but I already got him on my first rejoin the collective pull so I'm not as desperate to get him.
  • Options
    5755 and I only need one more to 5/5 him.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    5611. I usually play for streaks on day 1 and rank on day 2.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I just cleared 7,000 a few days ago. You definitely cannot constantly focus on streaks if you want to get to Locutus sooner.
    For newer players, you get credit for every round you play, including those you lose. Therefore if you do not have a long win streak you are trying to preserve, prior to each refresh, exhaust all 5 of your crew on losing battles, in order to grow your total faster.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    1200 and something have him 5/5 and can't stand the gauntlet it's boring out of those amount of rounds I've won about 90% of gauntlets the rewards don't match up when someone who tops the gauntlet either for free or uses Dilithium on refreshes(you know who you are) gets 3* interlinks and the person who finishes 187th gets a Guinan and a 4* database.

They should do away with loot crates in Gauntlet for final positions and reward accordingly on final positions like event rewards as it's a mini event of 200 people battling for 48hrs now I'm not saying the person who wins gets a Guinan but a 5* item wouldn't hurt had to be better than replicator fodder. I'm all for keeping the streak boxes but the final rewards could do with a shake up.

6 wins in a row I got the exact copy paste loot every item identical to the previous gauntlet none of which I could use outside of the replicator and voyages are better for giving chrons. what are the odds on that? It was at that moment I decided to ignore the feature entirely.
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks DB
    cvwid5cszjzx.jpg
  • Options
    BeamMeUpDB wrote: »
    cvwid5cszjzx.jpg

Wow... that's total BS.
  • Options
    7727 here.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than half way - 10,467.
  • Options
    8,759 rounds so far.
    Where does it say that you get Locutus after completing 20,000 rounds ?
  • Options
    Peanut3141 wrote: »
    10164, just passed the 10-pull and have that Locutus star in my sights.

Ive been trting to keep up. But just passed 7018, but I immortalized Guinan, so Im with you on that.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    JERI RYAN wrote: »
    8,759 rounds so far.
    It's on the achievements list on the wiki.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to expect that on streak breaker bouts. On multiples of three I want 2 to 1 or better stats.
  • Options
    5057. Streaking for Guinan at the moment, but after that, I'll be exhausting my crew every time.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    8,759 rounds so far.

Locutus should be displayed as the next Gauntlet Rounds achievement, after your premium 10-pull. Also, achievements are listed on the wiki.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait there is a Locutus out there eventually?

Scott

I'm at the 923/1000 point......

Got a ways to go, I guess

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    6000 and will get to 20,000k in 4 years

Well, it does take some time to do TWENTY MILLION Rounds.......

Scott

• Options
    cvwid5cszjzx.jpg

RNGesus was mean to you. {that 1400 Crit really hurt!!!!!}

Scott

• Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    8,759 rounds so far.
    It's on the achievements list on the wiki.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Achievements
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    i gave up on this long ago. 10,000 might have been something to shoot for, but 20,000 is pretty silly.
    I lost interest in the gauntlet a couple months ago and now just do it maybe once a week for a change.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    i gave up on this long ago. 10,000 might have been something to shoot for, but 20,000 is pretty silly.
    I lost interest in the gauntlet a couple months ago and now just do it maybe once a week for a change.

Agreed I play once a month joining at the last minute so I play 24hrs instead of 48hrs. Even if I had 19999 rounds completed that reward is 550 honor for me