Home The Bridge
Options

Quest for Locutus-Just Hit 5000 Gauntlet Rounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    Somewhere in the 4900s, very close to 5K. I'm just playing for streaks right now and opening as many boxes as possible. I don't see myself getting to 20K anytime soon, but maybe I'll get another Guinan out of the attempt.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    1676. Long way to go. I did realize that you get credit even if you lose a match. Since it says "Complete Gauntlet Rounds", it does make sense. At the moment, I just make sure everyone has at least 1 exhaustion so that I don't see the fresh crew counter on the gauntlet icon. I hate to see losing rounds, but I may have to do the 100% exhaustion thing to get 25 rounds every 4 hours.

If I can play at least 4 sessions per day, that'll give me 100 rounds per day without refreshes. That nets 3k per month, so I can have a Locutus in 7 months! Just in time for summer!
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    sorinev wrote: »
    1676. Long way to go. I did realize that you get credit even if you lose a match. Since it says "Complete Gauntlet Rounds", it does make sense. At the moment, I just make sure everyone has at least 1 exhaustion so that I don't see the fresh crew counter on the gauntlet icon. I hate to see losing rounds, but I may have to do the 100% exhaustion thing to get 25 rounds every 4 hours.

If I can play at least 4 sessions per day, that'll give me 100 rounds per day without refreshes. That nets 3k per month, so I can have a Locutus in 7 months! Just in time for summer!

Man, I wish I could come close to averaging 25 rounds every 4 hours. I'm regularly in the top ten, but if I'm (very) lucky, I probably get half that amount. (I've got just under 6800 rounds completed, btw.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Man, I wish I could come close to averaging 25 rounds every 4 hours. I'm regularly in the top ten, but if I'm (very) lucky, I probably get half that amount. (I've got just under 6800 rounds completed, btw.)

I usually end up in top 5 but I never average 25 rounds every 4 hours. Depending on luck I usually get 10, but because I am usually up in rank it is a lot harder to go on streaks.
  • Options
    Well I'm talking about complete exhaustion here, through mostly losing, just to tick the achievement counter. I figure after the first round, I'll win maybe 4 - 5 battles during each subsequent 4 hour round (never in a row). So I'm figuring in 20-21 losses here if I've done the math right and each crew can go 5 rounds before total exhaustion (20% per battle).
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm talking about complete exhaustion here, through mostly losing, just to tick the achievement counter. I figure after the first round, I'll win maybe 4 - 5 battles during each subsequent 4 hour round (never in a row). So I'm figuring in 20-21 losses here if I've done the math right and each crew can go 5 rounds before total exhaustion (20% per battle).

After a loss, you need to revive the crew with dilithium to use it again before the refresh. So the only way you'll get 20-21 losses in 4 hours is spending.
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Depending on luck I usually get 10, but because I am usually up in rank it is a lot harder to go on streaks.

I consider 10 rounds per refresh to be a good target. Depending on RNG with the matchups, sometimes you can get more, but there have also been times I've left someone unused because it's just not worth refreshing anymore to try and get the right skill match.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dralix wrote: »
    After a loss, you need to revive the crew with dilithium to use it again before the refresh. So the only way you'll get 20-21 losses in 4 hours is spending.

Yeah, I think I was thinking of something else. In that case, given I only win about 4 - 5 matches per round, it'll be 33 months for 20k matches. So, around summer in 2020.

Well then....

Given this is not actually attainable with my gauntlet abilities, I can abandon the achievement Locutus notion and just hope for extra Guinans.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I usually end up in top 5 but I never average 25 rounds every 4 hours. Depending on luck I usually get 10, but because I am usually up in rank it is a lot harder to go on streaks.
    If you do gauntlet for two days, go for a streak the first 24 hours (as low points per battle as possible and do only fights you can win with very high probability) and the second 24 hours go for rank...this should be more than enough to make it to the top 5 if your crew is good enough.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. In fact, I find by the end of my first time going for streaks, I end up close to the top rank wise anyway.