Home The Bridge
Options

New layout

edited July 2021 in The Bridge
What's the point of putting the Factions with the time portal? Now one doesn't need to warp anywhere. You have all these beautifully rendered star systems that no one ever needs to see. Like all the beautiful cards sat in the freezer that we never see.

What's the point of the game anymore? We want to discover new places and use our crew. It seems like you're spending your time developing fixes for things that ain't broke rather than actually developing the game play. You've had plenty of ideas from your userbase over the years but you're just squandering the goodwill.

Oh, and I got the one immortalised card out of six from your musical pack (as always, I'm sure the odds have been stacked against me for 'moaning' on here) so I am annoyed at that too. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Kindle likes to crash when warping between locations, so the central faction shop is good for me, but the star map is a very pretty thing. Maybe they could add some tweaks to encourage travel. How about increasing the odds of certain constellations in their "home" area? You are more likely to hit a Vulcan, when at Vulcan, et c.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of putting the Factions with the time portal? Now one doesn't need to warp anywhere. You have all these beautifully rendered star systems that no one ever needs to see. Like all the beautiful cards sat in the freezer that we never see.

What's the point of the game anymore? We want to discover new places and use our crew. It seems like you're spending your time developing fixes for things that ain't broke rather than actually developing the game play. You've had plenty of ideas from your userbase over the years but you're just squandering the goodwill.

Oh, and I got the one immortalised card out of six from your musical pack (as always, I'm sure the odds have been stacked against me for 'moaning' on here) so I am annoyed at that too. :lol:

What was ever the point of warping to go to the faction stores? I'm all for giving us real things to do in the game with our crew. But forcing us to warp to planets just to go to faction stores seems like busy work for the sake of busy work.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB, please take more of the buttons we use most commonly and make more clicks to get there. In fact, why have a GUI at all? You could just make it a nice, text-based list. I expect the next feature is moving the voyage button where you have to zoom in on the map, find where your ship is, then click the nearest planet to travel there. Once there the voyage menu will finally open to resolve your dilemma.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs more pop up menus on the screen. They only added one additional. :p

They will activate with the forced update.....
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    With this new layout now implemented, I wish they would divide the time portal into multiple options so I don’t have to scroll so much to the right to get to the dabo wheel. When event packs and other weekly packs are active, it gets so annoying having to scroll so far to get to the dabo wheel and standard packs.

But if you scroll past them maybe you’ll be more inclined to buy! :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I do like the update. The more that can be streamlined, the better. Warping to check out stores was a waste of time.

I would still like to see a Quark’s Black Market added to the Faction Stores. It would be cool if you could haggle with Quark over prices! ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe some of you are still shopping in the faction stores; I gave up on that years ago (prices were always too high). But I did enjoy warping to the faction centers to get distress calls. Now I guess I'll just be sitting at the same planet forever. I'd agree with the sentiment that this was a solution for a nonexistent problem.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    I can't believe some of you are still shopping in the faction stores; I gave up on that years ago (prices were always too high). But I did enjoy warping to the faction centers to get distress calls. Now I guess I'll just be sitting at the same planet forever. I'd agree with the sentiment that this was a solution for a nonexistent problem.

I shop in stores to keep a stockpile on items not easily obtained. I use my replicator farm for the same purpose. 50 merits or 50K credits for an ancient film, holoprogram, or orchid is cheap, especially when you’ve been playing a while and have tens of thousands of unused merits or millions of credits.

I do understand the sentiment of a solution to a nonexistent problem. I also concur that there are other issues that the player base would like to see addressed in the game, and the existence of those issues within the game doesn’t preclude other changes or improvements.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they are looking at faction stores, let’s make the prices better for the crew in there.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a Quarks Deal of the Day? Could be anything at lower than normal price. Maybe even a Polestar or something else unusual.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Comment moderated. ~Shan

While I definitely like the option of having the faction stores on a one-click, I rather enjoy flying around the galaxy map and seeing the sights!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Comment moderated. ~Shan

While I definitely like the option of having the faction stores on a one-click, I rather enjoy flying around the galaxy map and seeing the sights!

Or, as you point out, it’s just nice to have it all in spot.

• Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably been over a year since I bought something from a faction store, but I frequently change location for some fresh scenery. Convenience isn't a slippery slope to non-existent gameplay.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    DB, please take more of the buttons we use most commonly and make more clicks to get there. In fact, why have a GUI at all? You could just make it a nice, text-based list. I expect the next feature is moving the voyage button where you have to zoom in on the map, find where your ship is, then click the nearest planet to travel there. Once there the voyage menu will finally open to resolve your dilemma.

Best post of the week.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »

I would Awesome this, but it doesn't take enough clicks for me to do that. Hopefully someone can do something about that.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Lucky for you, you can still fly around to your hearts content. But those of us that prefer quick access now have it.

And no need to attack other players and make unfounded statements about medical conditions just because you disagree with how someone else prefers to play the game.

I apologize if anyone took offense, that is never my intent. I was not attacking anyone, I was making an observed commentary on our society in general. I have said many times in the forums, everyone plays the game their own way and there is no "wrong way" to play, so I would never comment to such.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

I apologize if anyone took offense, that is never my intent. I was not attacking anyone, I was making an observed commentary on our society in general. I have said many times in the forums, everyone plays the game their own way and there is no "wrong way" to play, so I would never comment to such.

Our society is and has always been 'terrible'. The only thing that changes are the needs.

I like the new layout. I started to play this game as a huge grind and card collecting game. Did not know that it was not supposed to be one.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Peets wrote: »

Our society is and has always been 'terrible'. The only thing that changes are the needs.

I like the new layout. I started to play this game as a huge grind and card collecting game. Did not know that it was not supposed to be one.

I guess that depends on when you started playing. :)

I'm a day one player and we were told that it was not a card collecting game by a high ranking company employee (Admiral Erin) - Rules of Acquisition 10 & 17. 57 be damned in the eyes of these.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

I guess that depends on when you started playing. :)

I'm a day one player and we were told that it was not a card collecting game by a high ranking company employee (Admiral Erin) - Rules of Acquisition 10 & 17. 57 be damned in the eyes of these.

If you cherry pick your quotes, you're going to continue to be disappointed when the company doesn't live up to your cherry picked standard.

As of 2018 at least the CEO was referring to this a a character collection game.

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/about/press-releases/2018/09/20/disruptor-beam-amp-tilting-point-expand-partnership-with-29m-deal-to-build-and-grow-licensed-games

The Tilting Point CEO used the same character collection language when talking about the acquisition in 2020.

https://www.newsy-today.com/tilting-point-acquires-the-star-trek-timelines-game-from-disruptor-beam/

I can't find earlier quotes, but I'm pretty they were talking about this as a card collecting game from some of the earliest marketing material.

This game has always had a bit of a split card collecting + rpg personality. That's not going to change. If you have a problem with the card collecting aspect, maybe it's time you moved on instead of expecting the game to become something it's not.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    And again buttons are not aligned properly.
  • Options
    I don’t miss warping, but (nitpick) I do think this is a deeply unnecessary confirm dialog, especially with the warping time sink gone.
    9gkzd10ffzvz.png