Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event - Biological Imperatives - 2021-07-22

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Another new 4* with main base(unboosted) below 800?

That‘s 2016/2017stats. I don t get it? We had new 4* with 900+ bases(main skill),
    quite regulary at least 800+, before for some reasons u changed it a couple weeks back to the new NEW and for the worse.

I get that you have to watch status inflation, but thats quite the opposite.
    A devalue of new 4* event crew. You don t wanna sell packs?

Such poor stats makes it easy for folks to skip events.

7kvn53bfmarw.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame Captain Saru’s stats are not better as well. But both Kim and Saru will help with collections which is good. Kim has baby Naomi Wildman which is cool and the Saru art is great.

1c1j0x096kah.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad crew are handed out in galaxy events since they can be fully fused for free. That approach makes the better crew even more valuable for purchase via dil/cash during faction and skirmish events.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Bad crew are handed out in galaxy events since they can be fully fused for free. That approach makes the better crew even more valuable for purchase via dil/cash during faction and skirmish events.

Sure, thats why new 4* Data has poor stats as well and its in a faction event,
    and Laris before, in a Skirmishes? 😉

agyxdwil37v2.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    New Captain Saru compared with all other Legendary Saru.

I find the Saru art pretty bad, almost like any Saru in game, except for Human.
    Seems for some reason they have issues with the „make up“. Looks unnatural.

Kim art is great btw. 👍🏻

0nlxj5fn8qz6.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new 4* with main base(unboosted) below 800?

That‘s 2016/2017stats. I don t get it? We had new 4* with 900+ bases(main skill),
    quite regulary at least 800+, before for some reasons u changed it a couple weeks back to the new NEW and for the worse.

I get that you have to watch status inflation, but thats quite the opposite.
    A devalue of new 4* event crew. You don t wanna sell packs?

Such poor stats makes it easy for folks to skip events.

7kvn53bfmarw.jpeg

A free 4/4 survivalist. He's also a musician and we just had a musician pack. So we could be having a musician collection coming soon. At this point 4* crew are more useful to me for completing collections than stats. A new player who is still using 4* crew will likely still get a benefit from Kim with weaker stats too.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, The Captain's Oath 3 for the event the week after? Gotta use those Captain Picard Day Picards! I have fond memories of TCO2, as that was one of the first repeats I was able to get the 4* ranked reward in.

The Captain's Oath 1 and The Captain's Oath 2.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for Kim ❤

I'm hoping Prisoner Kim will be a LTO next week. He's the only Kim I'm missing.

@EnderW, that would be very nice. I'd love to play it. It was before my time, but it looks amazing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for Kim ❤

Scratches off another Survivalist from the collection sheet
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    So, The Captain's Oath 3 for the event the week after? Gotta use those Captain Picard Day Picards! I have fond memories of TCO2, as that was one of the first repeats I was able to get the 4* ranked reward in.

If the ranked reward 5* was Captain Sulu, then I could understand why “The Captain’s Oath” might follow. However, the the ranked reward is not Sulu – it’s Saru. Otherwise, I think I am missing something here. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

If the ranked reward 5* was Captain Sulu, then I could understand why “The Captain’s Oath” might follow. However, the the ranked reward is not Sulu – it’s Saru. Otherwise, I think I am missing something here. 🖖

Captain Sulu is a 4* so he wouldn't appear that week before. The speculation is because the reward is Captain Saru he'll be the new 5* for a rerun event that has featured captains for featured crew.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Captain Sulu is a 4* so he wouldn't appear that week before. The speculation is because the reward is Captain Saru he'll be the new 5* for a rerun event that has featured captains for featured crew.

Apologies for my mistake, and thanks for explaining that to me.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I wondered the same thing. Wasn’t that a bugged event?
  • Options
    Well, the Wiki is down, but I'm brainstorming surrogates for the Paxton I didn't get. He's Com/Dip/Sec with Human, Criminal, Gambler, Maverick, Survivalist, Civilian, and Villain traits.
    Professor Sato is Human and Civilian and has Com and Dip in the reverse order, so she might be useful. I always wonder why Hoshi doesn't have "Gambler". She got booted from officers training for running a poker game!
    HIgh Roller Sisko has those skills in a different order and the Human and Gambler traits.
    Variants of Quark offer the Gambler/Civilian pair.
    Frank Hollander has Civilian and Villain, Com primary/Sec secondary.
    Garth is Human/Villain with same skills, but different order. Pah-Wraith Keiko has the same, but also has Civilian. I think she's a good option.
    RP Kirk has Human/Criminal/Survivalist with good Sec/Dip.
    Has anyone tried writing a tool that takes a crew's stats and tries to find a good match or two from the existing pool?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    In yet another an alternate universe:

"The Kim and I" (Galaxy Event) - Harry hires a Vulcan Commander from the past to be nanny for his young son, Andrew. Supply missions include "Shall We Warp?" and "Getting T'Pol you, getting T'pol all about you."
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know why an Immortalized Event Crew T'Pol is giving like ~20% Chance for Rare Reward?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Depends on which mission. The event crew are oddly inappropriate for their jobs, particularly the security and diplo ones. Paxton only really has CMD and T'Pol only really has SCI. There's also a sci-eng one for which T'Pol is getting the nod because the relevant Kim isn't ready.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually when I have the gold 5/5, builds are 90s+. Don't understand the reason Paxton is in the 50s since they don't match his skills. But we see this in shuttle events when the seats don't match the featured crew.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Community pull!

2cjpinil8ypj.jpg
    b0fmft0449g7.jpg

Normally I would add stars, but Culber was too good to resist... crew slot sale again please?? 😊

You can’t go wrong with Culber.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Community pull!

2cjpinil8ypj.jpg
    b0fmft0449g7.jpg

Normally I would add stars, but Culber was too good to resist... crew slot sale again please?? 😊

It's a great one to have, but it's always a shame when you have to decide between 2 good crew, especially if your next begold holds only mediocre crew...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Community Pull I got a third * on a rando 4*. So, at least something. I think it was a one-shot guest character. Can't even remember what species now. I forgot my screenshot is working again. Apparently, one of the latest Updates in Windoze 10 made screenshot a "switch on or off" option. I had to turn it back on manually.

Tracked it down. It was Tau. Other two were Frozen.

l18igb1mt314.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    @DScottHewitt I think Tau is from the same Voyager episode as Da Vinci ("Concerning Flight")? I don't remember exactly...
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    @Steph loves Voyager Yep, he's the bozo that robbed Voyager.