Home The Bridge

Anyone else getting ads with nudity in them?

I mean, technically there's body paint. But there are also definitely pierced nipples. I personally don't care, but it was just kind of unexpected.

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no. 😆

Might brighten my day a bit.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would make it awkward when I'm at work. I mostly get a 3 part as that I have to click. Rather they just run to completion.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    The three parters are killing me. For some reason, those are mostly in Spanish anymore.

No nudity yet. Just the awful ads for whatever game has the girl in a bathtub and other suggestive imagery. Not cool when I'm at work.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I think it was a music video. I have my sound off, so I'm not 100% sure. But the entire thing featured a woman wearing only a g-string and swirling body paint on her upper half. Not full coverage paint. One shot towards the end just focused on her crotch. I thought she was completely naked at first because when seen from behind, she may as well be. So yea, kind of odd. Would have been slightly awkward in public.

The 3 parters ѕuck because if I don't hit the NEXT as soon as it shows up, they have a tendency to crash because they're just nothing but ads layered on top of ads layered on top of ads and eventually trying to load all of those various videos my ipad just craps the bed. Never seen a girl in a bathtub ad before, though.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, no. 😆

IKR? All I get is videos of games I already play, that have no gameplay like what is shown in the videos of the "gameplay"......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I never had 3 parters. I mostly get videos of games or trailers from movies.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly get 3 parters, most of the time it’s the same one 3 times.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I was getting one for some hentai game with a not-subtle-at-all "mushroom". It wasn't offensive so much as tacky.
  • Seems like all I get is the ad for that stupid makeover thing. 🙄
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    As Sulu’s Husband and as a rational human being, I found the premise of this game ad to be racist not to mention the final screen before giving you the option to download it in App Store.

The premise is running an Asian restaurant with stereotypical options to choose and get a load of the stereotypical Asian character right out of the 1930s. Are these ads screened for content before being allowed in the game?

jo02vfnjjg6l.png
  • I always get ads for the zombie games
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ads to tend to go in cycles. I've never had one with nudity, but I've had (long ago) ones for alcohol. There are a lot that are extraordinarily suggestive. I get those with some regularity and they annoy me. Fortunately, I don't tend to have people in a position to see over my shoulder, Orr that would be embarrassing even though I don't have control over it.

For out-right annoying, though, I hate the three-part ads. They not only mean paying closer attention or making the process long, they take more mobile data. They have internal videos and such that take more time while they download. It must be worse for those without unlimited data.

And half my ads are in Spanish. I have no idea why. I don't speak Spanish, though I can understand a fair amount because I speak French and Cebuano.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's been two weeks and I haven't seen that ad again. Just the once. I have a screenshot that I will not be posting just to prove that I am not crazy.

Now all I get are the State of Survival ads that ALWAYS freeze the game at a black screen. 100% of the time. I have been getting them for the past year in another game I play and they always freeze. Every. Single. Time.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    What are you doing to get these nude ads...asking for a friend. ;)

Seriously though, it is odd that such ads appear in the game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • I always thought the ads shown were based on your search history, interests, apps on your phone etc...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the ads shown were based on your search history, interests, apps on your phone etc...

I doubt it. There is no reason in my history for car ads and all those Spanish ads.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, with my Google history I should be getting weird stuff. But it more regional and age based.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, with my Google history I should be getting weird stuff. But it more regional and age based.

I have to ask… What kind of weird stuff are we talking about? :D

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

I have to ask… What kind of weird stuff are we talking about? :D

Tom Segura shopping for his college dormmates because he looked forty weird.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    As Sulu’s Husband and as a rational human being, I found the premise of this game ad to be racist not to mention the final screen before giving you the option to download it in App Store.

The premise is running an Asian restaurant with stereotypical options to choose and get a load of the stereotypical Asian character right out of the 1930s. Are these ads screened for content before being allowed in the game?

jo02vfnjjg6l.png

@Sulu's Husband You might have wanted to do some research about the company before saying racist. The company is Chinese. They brag about the artwork being done in a traditional style. If they want to promote their game this way, it's up to them.
    https://en.37games.com/article-detail.html?type=about
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

jo02vfnjjg6l.png

@Sulu's Husband You might have wanted to do some research about the company before saying racist. The company is Chinese. They brag about the artwork being done in a traditional style. If they want to promote their game this way, it's up to them.

If they are using artwork and gameplay that is stereotypical and depicts Chinese people in a negative way to appeal more to people with ethnic biases just to make a buck or yen, then it makes this game even worse.

So using your logic, if a gaming company in Africa has a gane that depicts Black people with the usual stereotypes both behaviorally and physically and/or as slaves to appeal more to an increasing, hate-basd segment in Western cultures, it would be OK?

Gotcha.

jo02vfnjjg6l.png

If they are using artwork and gameplay that is stereotypical and depicts Chinese people in a negative way to appeal more to people with ethnic biases just to make a buck or yen, then it makes this game even worse.

So using your logic, if a gaming company in Africa has a gane that depicts Black people with the usual stereotypes both behaviorally and physically and/or as slaves to appeal more to an increasing, hate-basd segment in Western cultures, it would be OK?

Gotcha.

My argument is that they must have a lot less of a problem with it than you do. I would think, if those that have the most right to be offended aren't, then maybe people that are need to reevaluate things. It looks to have a massive Asian player base, from what I could tell from their website. It's set in the 1000-1300 AD era. I play ANNO 1440 that is set in roughly that era for Europe. Lots of trading and exploration, cultural change, but with enough historical touches to be fun. If it was a European company portraying them this way, I would be compelled to look deeper. However, it is a Chinese company making a game set in China's past with a strong Asian following, therefore I will assume that, while some people may be bothered by it, the majority that would have the most say in the matter do not, so I will defer to their judgement and their self view.
    It's like when someone makes an ADD or OCD or Autism spectrum joke and a bunch of people get all upset, nearly always those that don't have it, and, then, get more upset when I laugh or reply in kind. If anyone has a right to be upset by those kinds of jokes, it would be me. I'm not, so why are you? It the Chinese aren't bothered by presenting their history this way, those with a less firm claim shouldn't be as upset. My ancestors trace back to 1500's Scotland, but I don't complain about the "Outlander" craze. The drunken Scots. Have you met my family? When you get offended on someone else's behalf when they are not, you are not an ally. You are taking away their very autonomy to decide how they feel about THEMSELVES. Who's the bigger problem then?
    😂 You just set yourself up for the perfect counter. Africa has the highest incidence of modern slavery in the world.
    https://www.sutori.com/story/human-rights-2020--LtP1LLdYmcboqBjz2peYvyGf
    It's still a norm over there. It has changed, but not a lot, over the centuries. Very common with women, but some men. Anthropologists have been encountering it for years. I'll have to see if I can find the book written by a couple studying over there. They kept getting offered this girl as a junior wife by her grandmother. This was about the mid-1980's.
    Some physical stereotypes aren't stereotypes. There are three major phenotypes based on biological data, plus sex based traits. There is a lot of variety within them, but they tend to be pretty reliable. Female pelvis. Shoveled incisors. Wide nasal aperture. It's science.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple that come to mind that get a raised eyebrow even from me.

The ad for “King’s Throne: Game of Lust” I really think shouldn’t be popping up, not because it offends me personally, it doesn’t at all.

The problem is that it shows up unsolicited and it very definitely could cause some havoc for someone in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And believe it or not, a couple of the Homescapes ads are just insane. The in-game choice for a pregnant woman to either join her husband and the French maid in a threesome or storm out was...
    Unexpected to say the least. 😳😬

The ad for “King’s Throne: Game of Lust” I really think shouldn’t be popping up, not because it offends me personally, it doesn’t at all.

The problem is that it shows up unsolicited and it very definitely could cause some havoc for someone in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And believe it or not, a couple of the Homescapes ads are just insane. The in-game choice for a pregnant woman to either join her husband and the French maid in a threesome or storm out was...

King's Throne {like many of the game ads} is NOTHING like the ads.

They advertise "Battle Warships: Naval Empire" all the time. I have a level 20 Base and over eighty Carriers. {Both of which take a lot of real world time to get to.} And every time I see that ad I am like "That game looks like fun".
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

King's Throne {like many of the game ads} is NOTHING like the ads.

They advertise "Battle Warships: Naval Empire" all the time. I have a level 20 Base and over eighty Carriers. {Both of which take a lot of real world time to get to.} And every time I see that ad I am like "That game looks like fun".

That’s actually pretty funny that the game is nothing like the ad; it goes out of it’s way to make the game seem like pure soft core raunch! 😂

Truly, I could see someone being severely embarrassed at best and potentially landing in very hot water if that ad popped up at an inopportune time completely unexpectedly. 😬
  • Another day, another ad for ‘State of survival’
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!