Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages run out of AM suspiciously often close to next dilemma?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    The only thing that really bugs me about the drops is that I have yet to get a 4* crew that isn't already a duplicate.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The observer bias says they've changed. DB claims they haven't.

The real problem is DB builds RNG into so much that it's incredibly difficult for their staff to test things without sampling thousands of runs. So things change/break and the staff claims nothing was done. See the portal pull fiasco as exhibit A. It's possible DB changed something in voyages after the first week too, but we'd need a massive collection of data before and after to prove it. Similarly with shuttles, maybe display rate != actual success rate, but for a developer/QA engineer looking at a couple tests, if the displayed rate is anything between 25% and 99% and you see some success and failure it's possible. You'd need to run a lot of samples to prove a bug exists and they're clearly not investing in the QA resources for it.

Well, I kinda expect DB to actually be able to run thousands of simulations almost instantaneously because I expect a computer to be able to do that. We don't have the option of running the game with time constraints removed but they do (or at least should). Sometimes I wonder if DB doesn't have that ability.

Regarding Voyages in particular, I think people tend to hyperfocus on 3 things: 4*'s, Honour and Chrons. They do drop a lot of things though and all of those drops do add up. I remember getting excited over the last Galaxy every time I got Basic Sensors from a Voyage.

Honestly even if the game does have some behind the scenes shenanigans, DB is only doing one thing genuinely wrong:
    The game should say on the screen in big neon pink letters:
    BETTER CREW YIELDS BETTER RESULTS

And every thing you do in this game leads you to better crew. Its just a question of time, patience and/or money.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Hope_F wrote: »
    It feels a little as if DB guides the voyages so that they fail close to the dilemma

Just no.
    There is definitely a bug in the software. Seems a dilemma can pop up and then it fails afterwards. May be due to some lag in log. But if you get this bug your crew may be lost in space for a while. Commander Sinclair I believe has not been able to use his crew for a month or run another voyage since they were lost.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Regarding Voyages in particular, I think people tend to hyperfocus on 3 things: 4*'s, Honour and Chrons. They do drop a lot of things though and all of those drops do add up. I remember getting excited over the last Galaxy every time I got Basic Sensors from a Voyage.

Agreed - and in addition people seem to think that the system is out to get them personally, rather than being the same for everyone. They think they are owed something special out of voyages, which if DB hadn't implemented they would be blissfully unaware of.

The voyages are a free addition, unless of course you're pumping in dilithium to push them along, in which case I have one bit of advice:

... unless you enjoy the gamble - DON'T SPEND MONEY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING! This applies to life in general. If you go into a supermarket, hand over your cash, and say "fill her up", and they give you a trolley full of diapers, denture adhesive and sanitary towels, even though your a single guy in your 30's, you don't deserve the right to kick off about it.

You're not personally entitled to the latest 5* legendary crew just because you want it. Just play the game and relax, along with the 10's of thousands of others who don't have the legendary card you want.