Home The Bridge
Options

August Mega Speculation

2»

Comments

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    This mega theme and crew make me very happy.
    That is all.
    Thank you WRG.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    This mega theme and crew make me very happy.
    That is all.
    Thank you WRG.

Knowing that the other thing this week had a negative impact on your enjoyment of the game, I am super glad that the Mega was a positive announcement for you!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    TOS bridge crew, yay! :)
    Two full faction events, sigh. :(
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    TOS bridge crew, yay! :)
    Two full faction events, sigh. :(

At the risk of sounding like a Vulcan performing a particularly unpleasant mind meld, I feel your pain.

Couldn’t we have gotten a hybrid of some sort instead of one of them? 🤷
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just re-reading the announcement, and this popped out to me:
    Tribble Quark will join in on the fun as well, in part four of this mega arc.

I'll be annoyed if this becomes a chance to get another star on him after I spent honor on him two months ago.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 full factions and Skirmishes at the end of Mega. Wrong order and too many full factions. Why not a regular Hybrid(Fac/Gal).

Theme is great though, let‘s the the stats are finally as well again, and not
    like 2017.

Personally, I prefer two full faction events. Sure, I would prefer two events in between them. Maybe making the skirmish a hybrid would make me a little happier. Those are minor complaints on my part. If the stats fall in line (as we both hope), then this will be a top notch mega event in my book.

I like opening with a faction so the old school folks have the edge their deep (hard earned) roster provides. I like closing with a faction so the new folks can use all their new bonus crew. But ending with a skirmish isn't the worst thing thing. If the new players don't get the legendary from the second faction, it's no big deal. They can still be competitive in that skirmish.

I just hope the stats are good. We'll have three 3/4's at the end. If the stats on the legendaries are good, then recap packs will be a done deal for me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Was just re-reading the announcement, and this popped out to me:
    Tribble Quark will join in on the fun as well, in part four of this mega arc.

I'll be annoyed if this becomes a chance to get another star on him after I spent honor on him two months ago.

I have been wondering about that. An existing 5* as the Existing Crew? Or some other way he is involved in the Event Crew? And is this the first time a Mega Recurring has been Event Crew for an Event in a later Mega? I wonder why mention him specifically if he is NOT Event Crew. Since with the "hat" he is Minor Bonus any way.
    2 full factions and Skirmishes at the end of Mega. Wrong order and too many full factions. Why not a regular Hybrid(Fac/Gal).

Theme is great though, let‘s the the stats are finally as well again, and not
    like 2017.

Personally, I prefer two full faction events. Sure, I would prefer two events in between them. Maybe making the skirmish a hybrid would make me a little happier. Those are minor complaints on my part. If the stats fall in line (as we both hope), then this will be a top notch mega event in my book.

I like opening with a faction so the old school folks have the edge their deep (hard earned) roster provides. I like closing with a faction so the new folks can use all their new bonus crew. But ending with a skirmish isn't the worst thing thing. If the new players don't get the legendary from the second faction, it's no big deal. They can still be competitive in that skirmish.

I just hope the stats are good. We'll have three 3/4's at the end. If the stats on the legendaries are good, then recap packs will be a done deal for me.

This is going to be a player friendly Skirmish. Everyone mostly should have Kirk to 3* by then. And he is a Sledgehammer. So, no need to drop a Sledgehammer off your Ship to use Event Crew.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a player friendly Skirmish. Everyone mostly should have Kirk to 3* by then. And he is a Sledgehammer. So, no need to drop a Sledgehammer off your Ship to use Event Crew.

I always use the same three Crew in Skirmishes (Klingon Janeway, Killy, Garth), and just throw on a random event crew at the end to get full bonus. If they happen to help in the fight, even better.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop being wrong. :D

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18425/tribble-quibbles-our-august-mega-event

Finally a Tribble Mega! Tribbled and Exobio themed traits! Though I'm not thrilled with the art for Tribble Kirk, I'll live. Hopefully the storyline is fun. Also interesting that there won't be a hybrid event.

imbj0qerz9bg.png

Got this today in the Daboo Wheel. Are you kidding me?! Was I really that close to getting the recurring Mega’s name right?! :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    What intrigues me most about your Dabo discovery is that it ISN'T simply Tribble Kirk, like the crew name. It makes me wonder if they had to distinguish it from another version with tribbles...At least, at the development level.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    What intrigues me most about your Dabo discovery is that it ISN'T simply Tribble Kirk, like the crew name. It makes me wonder if they had to distinguish it from another version with tribbles...At least, at the development level.

Or this was the tentative name for the card, which was changed before approval, and no one changed the equipment names afterwards. It's happened many times before; a recent example was Courier Burnham having gear called something like "Homecoming Burnham." There have only been a very small number of cases of gear for future cards making it into Daboo Wheels before they were announced; the only one I can remember off the top of my head was someone snagged the cheesecake for Cheesecake Seven a week or so before that card came out. It doesn't happen often.

I'd be happy to be wrong here, as I feel like Kirk in the pile of Tribbles would make a more desirable card than the card we're getting.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)