Home The Bridge

August Mega Speculation

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
While we wait for this Portal Update...anyone want to share wild speculations about the August Mega? I'm thinking the theme will be Tribbles with a trait theme of exobio. That flows with what we're seeing with Tribble McCoy. Thoughts? Angry retorts? :)
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Maybe they got the rights to the original Mudd finally. He'd be perfect.

Wasn't it Cyrano Jones in the Trouble with Tribbles? Or was Mudd connected to them in another episode?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Spock-OSpock-O ✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Wasn't it Cyrano Jones in the Trouble with Tribbles? Or was Mudd connected to them in another episode?

It was Cyrano
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    These were the choices back in March:

fda92o7r847s.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware of a new mega. That means crew slots sale. I like that.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of a new mega. That means crew slots sale. I like that.

Not always, it's roughly every 2-3 megas they do that. Probably even longer but they def don't do it every time.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of a new mega.

Happens every other month! :)
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

Doh. Shame on me, I knew that.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Tribble mega was an option for two of the last three players choice megas. It didn't win either and I was super disappointed. I have wanted a tribble mega for so long, I finally bought Tribble Captain today in the spir of Tribbled Mccoy. This would be epic. And Tribble Pile Kirk has been on my wishlist for years.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Nomad wrote: »
    Here's the recurring:

6i3y2y1x6nnv.jpg

:)

That HAS to have the "Sqweek" sound effect every time you select Tribble Avalanche Kirk or

2o3gbl2p6wo4.gif

ztw4yq3mtix0.gif

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Please feature another version of Larkin. This moment would be ideal:
    m3cg4eqge7b0.png
    Edit: crap, it looks like it is already. Don't know why I thought it was from another part of the episode. There are other prime moments in there worth cherry picking. I want more H. Jon Benjamin.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we wait for this Portal Update...anyone want to share wild speculations about the August Mega? I'm thinking the theme will be Tribbles with a trait theme of exobio. That flows with what we're seeing with Tribble McCoy. Thoughts? Angry retorts? :)

Tribbled trait fits right in with that. The other option is a tribbled collection.

Tribbled trait fits right in with that. The other option is a tribbled collection.

Yeah. It seems a little odd to change everyone else to match McCoy, instead of just "fixing" McCoy to match all the existing ones. Unless there is an underlying reason.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they add a trait to some crew a while back, then that trait ended up being the mega bonus trait? Tribbled would fit that same precedent if I'm remembering correctly.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Didn't they add a trait to some crew a while back, then that trait ended up being the mega bonus trait? Tribbled would fit that same precedent if I'm remembering correctly.

That would be a fairly small pool of trait bonus crew if so, as only 15 existing crew now have Tribbled. I think it’s more likely that some of the featured crew will have it, but the bonus trait will be something else, perhaps related to it. Just my 2¢. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop being wrong. :D

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18425/tribble-quibbles-our-august-mega-event

Finally a Tribble Mega! Tribbled and Exobio themed traits! Though I'm not thrilled with the art for Tribble Kirk, I'll live. Hopefully the storyline is fun. Also interesting that there won't be a hybrid event.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for including tribbled as a bonus trait. Looking forward to the new crew being a bonus for the month.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 full factions and Skirmishes at the end of Mega. Wrong order and too many full factions. Why not a regular Hybrid(Fac/Gal).

Theme is great though, let‘s the the stats are finally as well again, and not
    like 2017.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm also, obviously, always excited to get a new Phlox. Even if he's feeding the mega's theme to his menagerie.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Wish they'd gone with tribble mountain for Kirk, but I do like the art for the 'chicken sandwich and coffee' Kirk they went with. I also love the art for Uhura. Looks like a fun event and Edward in his undies too!
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop being wrong. :D

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18425/tribble-quibbles-our-august-mega-event

Finally a Tribble Mega! Tribbled and Exobio themed traits! Though I'm not thrilled with the art for Tribble Kirk, I'll live. Hopefully the storyline is fun. Also interesting that there won't be a hybrid event.

I think most of us were hopeful for Tribble Shower Kirk.....

82a567rgu8ut.jpg
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    0du8oj9tvx26.jpeg
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

I made the same mistake myself in the past.

They are similar characters
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one who mixed up Mudd and Jones. It made Mudd's episodes in ST DIS particularly shocking before I figured out my mix up.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    Glad I'm not the only one who mixed up Mudd and Jones. It made Mudd's episodes in ST DIS particularly shocking before I figured out my mix up.

I seem to recall something {maybe?} about it originally being Mudd that was selling the Tribbles, but {maybe?} Carmel was unavailable to appear because he was involved in something else?

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah clothing and attitudes are similar and I just made them the same.