Home The Bridge
Options

Original Crew

I started playing November last year when I found out about the game. I saw a commercial during a rerun of TNG on bbc America.

So starting 11 months late I’ve often wondered what it was like in the beginning. Who were the original crew? How many?

I can assume Captain Janeway. Anyone know the rest?

Comments

• Options
    Captain Janeway wasn't around back in November, she is a pretty recent addition in September this year I believe.

Best suggestion: setup a second F2P account, and see for yourself!

I did that a few months ago & started with Hugh for sure, and I *think* the 1* Chief Engineer Torres, 2* Doctor Crusher (which I didn't get on my main account for almost a year), 2* Cmdr Riker, and a couple other 1* & 2*. (Worf, Seven in Blue)

The main problem is with F2P, I filled up the 35 crew slots really quickly, especially with a few events that rewarded some good 4* crew.

I quit that account after 2 months, as it was just an experiment, but it was fun, and frustrating at the same time, doing things on my main account that I could never do on the F2P.

Have Fun!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Captain Janeway wasn't around back in November, she is a pretty recent addition in September this year I believe.

Best suggestion: setup a second F2P account, and see for yourself!

I did that a few months ago & started with Hugh for sure, and I *think* the 1* Chief Engineer Torres, 2* Doctor Crusher (which I didn't get on my main account for almost a year), 2* Cmdr Riker, and a couple other 1* & 2*. (Worf, Seven in Blue)

The main problem is with F2P, I filled up the 35 crew slots really quickly, especially with a few events that rewarded some good 4* crew.

I quit that account after 2 months, as it was just an experiment, but it was fun, and frustrating at the same time, doing things on my main account that I could never do on the F2P.

Have Fun!

I should have been more clear. I started last November and I wanted to know who was around January 2016 on the first day the game started.

Captain Janeway was the free super rare from the daily reward the first 4 months so I would guess if she wasn’t there on day one she presumably was there by the end of the month.
  • Options
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    I should have been more clear. I started last November and I wanted to know who was around January 2016 on the first day the game started.

The game launched with roughly 140 characters, if I recall correctly. All 1* (except Stargazer Picard, who was in the game but was unavailable), most 2* crew and most 3* were already there, but that's no surprise (very few of these characters are introduced in packs or events).

I don't think that a list is available: it was for sure available in the old wiki, but the old wiki is no more.

Any day-one player can write that list, but... yeah... it's a boring exercise. Aside from that... yes, Coffee Janeway was in the game from day one, as you suspect.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    So, I started first week of Feb 2016 and the game was less than 1 month old. I was very involved in the original wiki after it was setup. 4* Captain Janeway was an original crew member and was the first offered as the 4* Daily Reward. 2* Kathryn Janeway is the newest rendition of Janeway.

Anyway, I found an exported list of crew I had from the Wiki on March 6th 2016 with 136 crew. There may be 5-8 crew that are not an original, but it's probably as close as you're going to find. I remember the total when I started with the wiki to be upper 120's lower 130's. Events didn't exist and crew wasn't being released at a rate of 10+ a month like they are now. Enjoy!

*s Crew
    2 Acting Ensign Crusher
    3 Acting Nagus Brunt
    5 Alternate Future Bashir
    4 Arik Soong
    2 Away Team Archer
    1 Bartender Quark
    4 Bashir, Julian Bashir <-- not available as a drop, later released as a 5*
    3 B'Etor Duras
    2 Boomer Mayweather
    1 Botanist Keiko
    2 Cadet Nog
    4 Captain Janeway
    2 Captain Kirk
    5 Captain Scott
    5 Captain Sisko
    5 Changeling Founder
    1 Chef Neelix
    1 Chief Engineer Torres
    4 Chief O'Brien
    1 CMO Bashir
    1 CMO 'Bones' McCoy
    2 CMO Crusher
    3 CMO Pulaski
    1 Comm Officer Uhura
    3 Command Wrap Kirk
    2 Commander Chakotay
    3 Commander Kruge
    2 Commander Riker
    4 Commander Sela
    1 Commander Spock
    4 Commander T'Pol
    5 Commander Troi
    2 Commander Tucker
    4 Commander Uhura
    3 Commando Crusher
    4 Commando Shran
    3 Constable Odo
    1 Counselor Troi
    5 Crell Moset
    1 Crewman Tarses
    4 Defiant Commander Worf
    1 Desert Ezri Dax
    3 Donik
    4 Dr Crusher
    2 Dr Phlox
    3 Dr. Reyga
    1 Ensign Chapel
    1 Ensign Chekov
    3 Ensign Crusher
    1 Ensign Kim
    1 Ensign Mayweather
    1 Ensign Ogawa
    2 Ensign Ro
    2 Ensign Sato
    2 Ensign Seska
    1 Ensign Tuvok
    2 Enterprise-D Picard
    5 Enterprise-E Picard
    3 Expedition Vash
    4 Feezal Phlox
    4 Fencing Sulu
    3 First Maje Culluh
    2 First Maje Haron
    4 General Martok
    2 Glinn Damar
    5 Grand Nagus Rom
    4 Holonovel Doctor
    3 Idrin
    1 Investigator Odo
    5 Judge Q
    4 Kazon Seska
    2 KDF Alexander
    4 KDF Gowron
    3 Klingon Dukat
    5 Klingon Quark
    5 Locutus of Borg <-- only available through CS grants, not available from packs
    5 Lore <-- not available as a drop, later released as a 4*
    2 Lt Commander Data
    5 Lt Commander Jadzia Dax
    5 Lt Commander La Forge
    2 Lt Commander Scott
    1 Lt Jadzia Dax
    1 Lt Sulu
    2 Lt Tasha Yar
    1 Lt Thomas Riker
    3 Lursa Duras
    4 Luther Sloan
    2 Major Kira
    1 Maquis Chakotay
    4 Maquis Eddington
    3 Maquis Takeover Torres
    4 Mirror Archer
    4 Mirror Empress Sato
    4 Mirror Ezri Tigan
    5 Intendant Kira
    4 Mirror Phlox
    5 Mirror Regent Worf
    4 Mirror Sisko
    3 Mirror 'Smiley' O'Brien
    5 Mirror Spock <-- originally only available from CS issues and also the Great DB Email Debacle.
    5 Mobile Doctor
    3 Morn
    4 Nexus Kirk
    2 Nurse Kes
    2 Nurse Paris
    2 Persis
    3 Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
    2 Promoted Sisko
    4 Rakal Troi
    2 Recovering Spock
    4 Resistance Shakaar
    3 Rifle Janeway
    5 Scientist Degra
    2 Section 31 Reed
    3 Security Chief Tuvok
    2 Security Chief Worf
    3 Senator Cretak
    2 Seven in Blue
    5 Seven of Nine
    5 Shinzon
    3 Sniper Ezri Dax
    3 Subcommander T'Pol
    3 Tailor Garak
    2 Technician Rom
    1 Teenager Nog
    2 Telek R'Mor
    5 Tempted Data
    3 Third Remata'Klan
    4 Undercover O'Brien
    3 Vedek Winn Adami
    1 Wesley Crusher
    4 Weyoun Clone 4
    1 Will Riker
    5 Wrathful Khan
    3 Writer Jake Sisko
    1 Yeoman Rand

Edited based on posts below:
    - Removed Arachnia Janeway - didn't come till March 31 in They Came From the Holodeck
    - Removed Temporal Agent Seven - not released until Mar 1, 2016.
    - Added special notes on Bashir, Julian Bashir, Locutus, and Mirror Spock
  • Options
    Thank you! That’s actually really interesting to see.

Seems like most of the Firat Contact crew was there from the beginning. They made up a lot of the legendary.

Also surprised how some of the legendary held against the power creep. Degra and Lt Com Dax are still really strong.

Mobile dr is still #1 core med, so for the people who had him since the beginning he’s been a work horse.

Also didn’t realize Locutus was around that long. Seems like they had a lot of movie crew to start.

How did players get super rare and legendary crew? Only way was buying portal for 650?
  • Options
    {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thank you! That’s actually really interesting to see.
    Not a problem. Glad I keep all my data, and can find this stuff!
    Also surprised how some of the legendary held against the power creep. Degra and Lt Com Dax are still really strong. Mobile dr is still #1 core med, so for the people who had him since the beginning he’s been a work horse.
    I still don't have the Mobile Doctor. I have the other 4 variations of him though. Always loved Robert Picardo and got to see him at SuperCon in Florida 2 years ago (a lot of cast across series were there for Star Trek 50th).
    Also didn’t realize Locutus was around that long. Seems like they had a lot of movie crew to start.
    Locutus has been one of those strange crew since the beginning until the Gauntlet started. He existed, but he didn't. A few beta players seemed to have him. He even showed up on the weekly Disruptor Streams in crew lists being shown by staff. There were many elusive crew at that time. DB was still trying to get the game to stop crashing, freezing, and other technical difficulties that he was on the back burner for awhile. Here are the notes from his crew page:
    - This character was first released as compensation for a customer service issue, and was originally unavailable through any portal or faction center.
    - Locutus of Borg was officially introduced to the game as the rare reward in the Gauntlet, with client version 1.7.1 (1.7.0 on iOS), on January 31, 2017.
    - Locutus of Borg first became available to portal packs in September 2017, as part of the time-limited Rejoin The Collective pack.
    How did players get super rare and legendary crew? Only way was buying portal for 650?
    Portal pulls and specialty packs as far as I can remember. I look back at a lot of crew I had to airlock (even after completing) before Cryostasis was available.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    One change for your list. Arachnia Janeway didn't launch with the game. She was the 5* in the first event. Along with Proton Paris. At that time events only featured two crew. The 4* was repeated for Threshold and Ranked rewards. If I remember correctly the thresholds were 2* Nurse Paris, 4* Proton Paris and the ranked were Rifle Janeway, Proton Paris, Arachnia.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some other crew you see all the time now that didn't exist then:

Pazlar and Leeta.

When DB first added cadet challenges there were a lot of missing crew needed to complete them. They did one pass and added a bunch of 2* crew. Pazlar and Leeta are the two I remember since they were needed, but I think there were others. After that bunch of 2*, the only 2* added have been Odo, Janeway, and Saru.
  • Options
    Couple of notes on that crew list...

4 Bashir, Julian Bashir <-- not available as a drop, later remade as 5* Bashir
    5 Locutus of Borg <-- only available through CS grants, not available from packs
    5 Mirror Spock <-- same as above, not available from packs
    5 Lore <-- not a launch character. 4* and 5* were originally best chance of drops
    4 Temporal Agent Seven <-- the first best chance of character in game, was not in regular packs

The rest of the list seems pretty indicative of the characters at launch. It was easier to fuse things back in ye olde day. Only way to get characters was from the premium portal or event packs. The event deals (i.e. $100 deal with 2/5) was a later addition as well.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

you mean "only available from the Great DB Email Debacle of 2016" :D
  • Options
    das411 wrote: »

you mean "only available from the Great DB Email Debacle of 2016" :D

Hey... that's how I got mine!
  • Options
    In case it's of any interest, here's the Starter Pack assortment from the beginning:

1* Chief Engineer Torres
    1* Ensign Mayweather
    1* Desert Ezri Dax
    1* Lt Sulu
    2* Behold! Promoted Sisko, Enterprise-D Picard, Captain Kirk

The Starter Pack was revised earlier this year and now includes:

2* CMO Crusher
    2* Lt Commander Data
    1* Lt Sulu
    2* Seven in Blue
    2* Behold! Promoted Sisko, Enterprise-D Picard, Captain Kirk

Also, now as then, all players start with 1* Commander Spock for the compulsory selection of a Federation victory at the end of the tutorial.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    One change for your list. Arachnia Janeway didn't launch with the game. She was the 5* in the first event. Along with Proton Paris. At that time events only featured two crew. The 4* was repeated for Threshold and Ranked rewards. If I remember correctly the thresholds were 2* Nurse Paris, 4* Proton Paris and the ranked were Rifle Janeway, Proton Paris, Arachnia.

This is incorrect. Arachnia Janeway was an original crew. The first event didn't have a new 5*. Proton Paris was the first and only event crew.