Home The Bridge
Options

Have you taken advantage of the 5* Citation discount?

edited July 2021 in The Bridge
With all the furore over other incidents on 'Tuesday' (or Wednesday if you happen to be on another part of the planet) this hasn't been discussed.

What does the forum think of the discounted 5* citation?

Personally, I wish they'd discount the 4* citation so I could clear some slots and I might save the honour for the next honour sale

I did try to make a poll for this but, bugs.

Comments

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did, as a matter of fact.
    About a week ago I scored Braxton in a behold and I also happen to have the polestars necessary to guarantee another copy and just need the credits to retrieve him, so it seemed like a good discount to jump on. 👍
  • Options
    Ivanstone, for me honor sales are a way to turn honor pulls into 550 honor so they are a complete waste of honor, citations are guaranteed to give you the star on the card you want.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yepp, bought 10.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I have no pressing needs for Legendary citations. I'm only close to one collection threshold and it can be completed by a 4* currently sitting at 3/4.

I'd rather just wait till the next honour sale which is a more efficient use of honour. If the citations were cheeper I probably would've bought some.

Agreed, a pull and a citation for 40K...of course the way things go around here now, the next honor sale will be Novembuary eleveenteenth, 2023 and the price won't be discounted, it will be raised to 60K and you get no begold..... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Nomad wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I have no pressing needs for Legendary citations. I'm only close to one collection threshold and it can be completed by a 4* currently sitting at 3/4.

I'd rather just wait till the next honour sale which is a more efficient use of honour. If the citations were cheeper I probably would've bought some.

Agreed, a pull and a citation for 40K...of course the way things go around here now, the next honor sale will be Novembuary eleveenteenth, 2023 and the price won't be discounted, it will be raised to 60K and you get no begold..... :|

Plus a fee of 50 Quatloos just to enter the honor hall!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I don't really need citations, but it looks like a fair deal (not as good a an honor sale, but whatever). I would have bought something if the discount would include SR citations. I need more of those, but the 18k price is rarely worth it.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for legendary citations right now (sitting on 30+) but I'd love an SR citation sale.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed the discount was only 10k, so I may or may not buy any. Haven't really decided. I have always thought 50k was way, way too much for a gold citation - the fair normal price should be in the 30k range. So this "sale" doesn't seem like a real sweet deal to me, honestly. So I'll continue to wait. If another Honor Sale never comes, I am not really losing out on much spending another 10k per cite.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone, for me honor sales are a way to turn honor pulls into 550 honor so they are a complete waste of honor, citations are guaranteed to give you the star on the card you want.

Last honour sale most of my pulls added stars to existing crew. I did add a few crew that were at least part of collections. The previous sale was similar. There was one crew that wasn't part of a collection (Juliana Tainer) but she has excellent stats and was eventually made part of a collection.

My current focus is the Costumed Collection. I need 21 5* and 2 4* Citations to get the next threshold. If I spent my honour I would have 5 citations. I'm not closer on any other collection. Its just better to wait and see what the game gives me over the next couple months.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had enough to get two. Got two.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I’m working on citing up a card and was getting close to 40k. This sale puts me 10k closer to my next cite when I earn that. The card I just cited today may also start making some of my shuttles so I’m happy there was a discount.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    I agree with Travelling Man - at 30k I would have bitten, but 40k is worse value than honor sale so I’d rather sit on my horde until the next cite+behold sale
  • Options
    No.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with those wanting a deal on 4* cites. I get plenty of 5* in honor sales, and need more 4* cites to close-off event crew without community rewards.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Arnie wrote: »
    I'd agree with those wanting a deal on 4* cites. I get plenty of 5* in honor sales, and need more 4* cites to close-off event crew without community rewards.

I used four yesterday and still have some. 4* I could see getting a few, as well.

dj5xs9v08580.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Adding to the sentiment about 4* citations, I have heaps lingering at 3/4 that need some love!
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using up all my honor on the discounted citations.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Bought 11. Now to start saving honor again…
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually hoping for a 3* cite discount too. I’m finally convinced that we’ll never get another way to finish CO Sisko. 😜 (Yes, I know this is the only way. I just can’t bring myself to spend 9K honor for a freezer card when I still need 600+ stars on my legendary crew. At least he’s useful for tanking shuttles.)

I originally expected to jump on the discount 5* cite, but so far I haven’t. Have enough honor for three, but I’m torn about the immediate value vs future honor sale value.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, had just over 80k honor and bought two.

I'm really enjoying the more regular honor sales. Previously I hoarded between them, and saw this massive power hikes each time. But I'd much rather get smaller, more frequent bumps. I also don't mind spending 40k on a cite even if it doesn't come with a begold. The begold is nice, but the cite is where I personally find most of the value.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. 🐉
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    I still have some Gold cites from the last honour sale but wouldn't have minded some 4* cites. Plenty of 3/4 SRs taking up space right now.
  • Options
    yes , got 4
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Got 1
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Got one, and immortalized Picard Day Picard, who has yet to not hitch a ride on a shuttle during this rerun.
  • Options
    Got 4
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did try to make a poll for this but, bugs.

I have experienced this bug also. The workaround is to enter one option, then try to post the poll. It tells you that you cannot post a poll with only one option and pops up the second option. From there, it functions correctly and adds a blank line each time you enter an option.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Unfortunately, as these things go, I had JUST PURCHASED 3x Gold Cites and a Begold a few days before they announced this! That left me with just enough to get another cite at the discount, but it frustrated me that this is the second time that has happened. The first time was right before the first honor sale the same thing happened.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...