Home The Bridge
Options

What big project would you like to see WRG tackle next?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I took a look through my last poll and saw that there was one "other" response that did not fit into one of the options I listed. I added that as a choice and eliminated "other" as an option. You're welcome to not vote and add your preferred project below.

That said, while devs are working on the upcoming mega, how about we take a poll to see what forum folks want them to work on next? Feel free to comment and give specifics about what you would like to see. :)

I'm also curious to know if you changed your vote from last time. If you don't mind saying "same as last time" or "I've switched to ______", I'm curious to know if any recent changes to the game have changed what we want next or if we still want the same thing since they didn't give it to us yet.
Farewell 🖖

What big project would you like to see WRG tackle next? 91 votes

Fleet management
9%
Captain MurphyGib - Admiral MarinersBrodie {DD} Captain P (ESB){DD} AC {MK} LowCostMonkey-{Punisher}-[BAD]DAERiker's islan{DD} 9 votes
Revamp and bring back Expeditions
16%
AviTrekV.eXo | das411JayBeezySoupKitchen RikerrobownageMirror CartmanMe [AUS]TarisJohn Luck PikkardCalhounChuck S DarwinPeetsCommodore PackDangevin [CAB] 15 votes
Bug fixes
7%
AmphistaffCaptain TFcmdrworfDScottHewittSpock 1(A) Traveling Man{PTC} Kenny 7 votes
Improve an existing game mode
2%
Veterinary PhloxMirror McCoy 2 votes
New chapter or distress call
14%
Vaelerys TargaryenKaiRoProont=j= Founderenigma starlordBejeesus [Knights of the Saucer Section]ShellandflameKPan [ISA][CH] 76 suitedAdmirable Bernaby=j= StephLovesVoyagerGorn-A-Phobe!The Researcher 13 votes
New event type
18%
Zombie Squirrel Commander SinclairDrone_one(HGH)Apollosexy_ladyWebberoniDirk Gunderson[PFV] GrifterDesmaniacPrime LorcaBylo BandSalamander ParisEnderWshadow8803Weyoun 69GitssacMitch-r 17 votes
New game mode or feature
30%
Warrior WilloSSR Barkley[DB - Do Better]   Prowlerdext74~peregrine~Sovinox[Deleted User]TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)ThurthoradSelene 7Navarch AldudeVerzweigterFox Van VoxJoeSage 2Madman1Mister Flibble BriJuristCaptain Idol 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    New game mode or feature
    New game mode. I know it was stated on Timelines Talks that this is not on the table for the near future, but it seems like the only way to move the game forward over the long term. Another point from the same Timelines Talks was that "more ways to use crew" was under consideration, which would have to come from a new mode or complete redesign of an existing mode. Reinstating Expeditions doesn't qualify IMO.

I am not against Expeditions in general, especially if they could replace any of the factions or faction hybrids we have gotten recently. However, I suspect they would replace galaxy/galaxy hybrids or skirmishes, as factions are the one event type that directly benefits most from spending and do not allow players to accumulate resources like skirmishes do.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    New event type
    I miss the option: „Bring back Expeditions regulary“(without any changes). 🤗

I figured you would, but it would have to have loot boxes or something to drive engagement. I'd be fine if the mechanics were the same, but rewards were improved.

Edit: For the record, my favorite expedition idea is still @Bylo Band 's idea to create a Distress Call that is basically just past expeditions. Adding to that Distress Call every time there is a new expedition would give the devs a little extra content for their efforts.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand why folks are voting for a new game mode, but since it is almost certainly not going to happen for a long while, I rolled with tweaking and reintroducing Expeditions. Less work for the devs, so far more likely. The rewards would definitely need to be overhauled, though, to make it worthwhile and enjoyable.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    New game mode or feature
    Jurist wrote: »
    New game mode. I know it was stated on Timelines Talks that this is not on the table for the near future, but it seems like the only way to move the game forward over the long term. Another point from the same Timelines Talks was that "more ways to use crew" was under consideration, which would have to come from a new mode or complete redesign of an existing mode. Reinstating Expeditions doesn't qualify IMO.

I am not against Expeditions in general, especially if they could replace any of the factions or faction hybrids we have gotten recently. However, I suspect they would replace galaxy/galaxy hybrids or skirmishes, as factions are the one event type that directly benefits most from spending and do not allow players to accumulate resources like skirmishes do.

IIrc correctly Ben did say they had somethings planned for the next feature post-Celestial Market. And that we might hear about that before the end of the year.
  • Options
    New event type
    I'd happily settle for an overhaul / total replacement of the chat functionality.

That only received one vote last time, so I left it out. I'm sorry if you were that one vote.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    LowCostMonkeyLowCostMonkey ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Fleet management
    LOL, quite probably! :smiley:
  • Options
    New event type
    Fix ship sorting in voyages.

So improve existing game mode?
    I just want the blasted thing to work like it should. I can literally spend more time relaunching the thing than playing. I can't type. Antimatter notices don't work. Make it work right, then I can decide what I think should be added next.

Looks like you're saying big fixes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK if we will ever get a new event but I vote being able to find players. Usually when I search it brings up random people who haven't played in years.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I never played expedition. I want to try it out.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Improve an existing game mode
    I voted for Improve Game Mode.

Specifically, Inventory Management. I would like options to search through my inventory by item name while looking for what to replicate, as well be able to convert things (like schematics) into rations more quickly than 1 ration at a time. And ideally, a flag to indicate "This item is only useful for building crew you already have it equipped on" but I know that's a pipe dream.

Being able to search item's names on the replication screen, though, would be VERY useful.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expeditions! ;)
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    New game mode or feature
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    A new game mode would be good and all, if it it gave me something else to do in the game after dailies are done and in a way that utilizes my roster.
    But one thing that I want the most is, I want a new difficulty level on all levels in the game. Normal - Elite - Epic - ________.
    This uses the same story, episodes, distress calls etc (though a new episode would be GREATLY appreciated) but increases the difficulty to account for the power creep in the game and adds new loot tables to that tier. I enjoyed playing through the game so much, and then it was over... I want to get back to the gameplay that hooked me as a newer and growing player and not sit idle between events, or megas to catch my interest. To me this was the core of the game, and I miss it.
    If the development focus is not on something like that, then I hope it is something as expansive and engrossing as that. Because I am lvl96, I have done almost everything in the game I want to... hook me again WRG, please.

That's a great idea. Minimum effort for developers but gives us something to do with the myriad crew. Get some new crew like we did with Quinn.
  • Options
    I'd happily settle for an overhaul / total replacement of the chat functionality.

Amen Amigo ;)
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    New chapter or distress call
    i went for new chapter but also could we possibly combine it with new game mode. maybe use old chapters with different skill sets and difficulties.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    New event type
    What if they adjusted the points on an expedition to match galaxy event points so people could choose expedition or galaxy and the two ran simultaneously with players choosing to do one or the other but couldn’t do both?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    New event type
    What if they adjusted the points on an expedition to match galaxy event points so people could choose expedition or galaxy and the two ran simultaneously with players choosing to do one or the other but couldn’t do both?

They would basically have to design two events. This would have to be a rare treat, but one that I would enjoy trying. Especially if there were an option two switch at phase change.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death to expedition.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    New game mode or feature
    A Lower Decks Beat-Em-Up Event ala Streets Of Rage.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Lower Decks Beat-Em-Up Event ala Streets Of Rage.

Bringing up Lower Decks reminds me...possibly what I want most is all of the LD characters in the game.

(Including a common or uncommon version of each of Rutherford's jobs in "Envoys." Command Track Rutherford, Medic Rutherford, and most importantly Baby Bear Rutherford)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated the attempt to make a 6-day event that tried once in order to make a 3-parter.

But I would LOVE an event with Faction, Galaxy, Skirmish, and Expedition all 24 hours long.

I wouldn't. Some days are better than others for people. Hybrid events are bad enough, but at least with 48 hours for each phase you can try to balance it out. 24 hours would be even tougher, especially for expedition with tickets that reset 12 hours offset from the event cycle. If you can't play those 12 hours you lose half the points for that phase.

I would love to see expedition events reworked and have tickets be good for the entire period without daily refills. Some kind of expedition + galaxy in parallel could be interesting. Instead of using normal items in the galaxy, you use special items that you farm by running the expedition event. And then tickets to play the expedition portion. But even that needs to deal with voyages locking up crew which didn't exist when expedition events were first created.

Really what I want is an event that rewards skill and ability over grinding. Either a reworked expedition or skirmish could do that. But the current design of both are just mindless grinds.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I hated the attempt to make a 6-day event that tried once in order to make a 3-parter.

But I would LOVE an event with Faction, Galaxy, Skirmish, and Expedition all 24 hours long.

24 hours is too short for a faction event, or part of event.

The issue with expeditions as far as TP is concerned, is that they are difficult to produce and balance. It is a lot of work for one event.

If they made a duel event, it would be even more work, so I doubt will happen.